Status: A bit of an addiction

A Creeping Distress

Part Seven

That night Sonny never slept a wink. She refused to sleep both for fear those men would come back and having to face Eric in her dreams. The rest of her night and morning, she spent it waiting for it to end. There was a sense of paranoia that she would either fall asleep or have someone throw a Molotov cocktail through her bedroom window. By the time it was a reasonable moment to begin getting ready for the day it was roughly seven or eight in the morning. As a bit of a tradition the two siblings woke rather early despite even had a night of heavy drinking the night before.

Sonny knew her brother would appreciate the food that was at Merlotte’s. It was her thing to find decent hole in the wall restaurants and she was actually quite excited to take Javier to get some good old fashioned biscuits and gravy. The ride to Bon Temps was spent listening to music and Sonny keeping her focus on the road. When Sonny and Javier arrived at Merlotte’s there were many stares as the pair entered. Arlene seemed to be in a huff when she saw Sonny enter the establishment with an attractive dark eyed man. As soon as she sat the pair down she headed towards the kitchen to gossip with Lafeyette and Terry.

“Just who in the hell does she think she is bringin‘ another man in here when Sam is just crazy about her,” Arlene states.

“Well at least that hooka got some good taste, that boy is de-lish-us.”

“He ain‘t bad to look at but he ain‘t no Sam,” Holly chimes in.

“Who ain‘t no Sam?”

The crew stopped talking when Sam appeared in the kitchen from his office. Sam waited for his employees to answer his inquiry that was previously just asked as a joke. But the crew went back to work ignoring their boss’s presence. Arlene bit her bottom lip then looked at Sam as she moved to take some water to Sonny and Javier. Sam saw Sonny sitting at one of the booths and a smile grew on his face. He began to walk towards Sonny’s table only when it was too late and he saw the man sitting across from her. Sonny gave a welcoming smile when Sam walked up.

“Sam, I just had to bring my brother here for a good breakfast. This punk showed up last night unexpectedly,” Sonny smiles.

“So unexpected that I got to find her-” Jay begins to say but Sonny interrupted him.

“Sam this is Javier my older brother.”

“This is as unexpected as I get, Sonny here is the one that is full of surprises. Isn‘t that right Sonny?” he eggs on after shaking Sam’s hand rather strongly.

“Whatever you say Javi,” Sonny shrugs as she took a drink of her water.

“I‘ll get your food out as soon as possible,” Sam smiles kindly.

“Thanks Sam.”

Javier looked at his sister intently as she leaned back into the booth. She let out a big yawn and looked out the window as if she were on watch. It was the subtle things Javier noticed and he wasn’t liking what he was noticing.

“You‘re getting attached.”

“Why do you say that?” Sonny responds taking another drink of her water.

“Because you always get antsy and want to leave when you get attached to anyone or anything. So little sister you‘ve gone and become attached to that leech?”

“Back off Javier I‘ve got other reasons for my otherwise anxious behavior.”

“Jesus Mori take a joke,” he counters.

“78% of what people joke about are what they really want to say with out the consequences of looking like an asshole. In your case a close minded asshole,” she states scientifically whilst she put on some chapstick.

“Being a bitch just comes that naturally to you doesn‘t it?”

“I thought that was obvious. Probably as obvious as my blatant requests that you do not to call vampires leaches, especially vampires that I am acquainted with.”

“Admit that you constantly think every time you meet a new vampire that it could be the murderer of our entire family. I can‘t be the only one that thinks about that, you hang around those things like its no body‘s business and you can‘t honestly tell me you don‘t think about that,” Jay retorts bitterly.

“I don‘t think about that.”

“Then you are more fucked up than I thought. You let them ruin you and cause you give up on everything.”

“It was a coven, and they are all dead. Now can you shut your god damned trap about this bullshit so we can have a decent breakfast?” Sonny snaps. Her eyes glided out the window to see one of the men that tortured her for a brief moment. A feral growl escaped her lips and her hands clenched into tight fists.

“Sonny your eyes,” Javier mentions quietly as he watched his sister’s eyes turn to a crimson red. Sonny continued to stare down the man until he disappeared into thin air.

“You shouldn‘t have come here without telling me,” she growls turning her attention to her brother.

“What‘s going on with you?”

“I‘m driving you to the airport today right after you eat.”

“God damn it Mori if you are in trouble just tell me,” he retorts.

“Why did you even come here? You never do this sort of thing,” Sonny mutters as she slipped on her sunglasses so that she wouldn’t frighten any strangers.

“You‘re in trouble.”

“What?”

“You keep looking out the window and you didn‘t even go to sleep last night. You’re obviously in some sort of trouble.”

“Jay this isn‘t the place for this crap,” Sonny warns.

“You‘re never going to get better. Its like you aren‘t even trying. How can you live when you choose to let the dead keep you company?”

“This isn‘t up for discussion Javier.”

“Really because when I get a call from your co-worker saying that you‘ve stopped taking your medication, so now it is up for discussion. What the fuck is going on with you?” he counters.

“What co-worker? I had one co-worker and she barely even remembers her own name let alone be concerned with what is going on in my life.”

“Then who the hell is Darwin?”

“I got ya‘ll your biscuits and gravy right here,” Sam smiles as he balanced the two plates on his arm. He set the two plates down only to have Sonny get up and head towards the restrooms. Javier let out a heavy sigh. Sam casually headed back to the kitchen area but he did so in order to follow Sonny who seemed to go further than the women’s restrooms. Instead Sonny headed out the back of the restaurant door, she tried to calm herself but the thought of losing her brother to those monsters was maddening. She stood with her back to Sam as he approached her.

“Everything alright Sonny?”

“I don‘t think we should start anything serious Sam,” she states as she turns to head back inside.

“What‘s going on with yew?” he questions as he gently grabbed her by the hand. Her skin was hot to the touch

“Its best you don‘t associate with someone like me, I‘m not stable nor am I safe, there are things that happen when I lose control Sam,” Sonny spoke in a solemn tone as she raised her free hand to take her sunglasses off to reveal the crimson stare. “I‘ll never belong anywhere.”

“Hey, hey, hey, don‘t be like that.”

Sam cupped her face with his hands and looked deeply into her eyes. Her eyes glazed over and began to change back to their usual murky green. She closed her eyes and removed his hands from her face. A sigh escaped her lips as she held Sam’s hands in hers for a brief moment. Sonny wished that she could continue things with Sam but it was too dangerous.

“I‘m sorry Sam,” she says softly before letting his hands go. Sonny walked away and headed back into the restaurant where Javier sat playing with the food. He looked up to see his sister’s eyes were back to normal but filled with emotion. In response to the fact she walked right out of the restaurant, Javier quickly paid the tab and ran after her.

“Damn it Mori what has gotten into you?! You never used to be this emotional and shit,” he called after her as she headed towards the car. Sonny stopped in her tracks and turned to her brother narrowing her eyes.

“Get in the car.”

“No.”

“Get in the fucking car Javier.”

“Hey I‘m the one who is supposed to be taking care of you. You‘re all I‘ve got left for a family Mori.”

“I know,” Sonny says while getting into the car. She had rethought having him get in the car with her. Locking the doors she turned on the engine. Javier went to the passenger side to get in but soon realized the door was locked. He threw his hands up at her and she shook her head before speeding out of the parking lot. A growl escaped his lips and he shook his head in an angry fashion. He had no clue what was wrong with his sister but he knew he was losing her and he hated the thought of having that happen. It took a long time after their family’s murder for her to come back and when she came back everything had changed. Nothing was right and nothing seemed to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it has been ages, I apologize for that. Forgot where I put the document file for this little fella and remembered when I watched the season premiere of True Blood. This story has got roughly 4 chapters give or take left until its end. Hopefully you enjoyed the update dearies.