Status: This is the new H Series.. I felt we needed to begin with Vincent's story to explain alot... btw Leave lots of comments!!! <3

The Darkness Within: The War of Myths

Chapter Two: "Something Is Very Wrong With Our World."

I made it to the small quaint cottage that my father built. It seemed suffocatingly small from the very moment I stepped foot into the cottage. The words that left my father’s lips earlier played through my mind vividly. “That is human business. You shouldn’t have gotten involved…”

How could he mock me so? He knew that hunter was wrong just as much as I did, and he also knew that justice would never come to that girl. No, justice would never come unless it was brought to her. I growled to myself as I slowly realized I was the being who would have to bring justice to that poor human child.

“Damn you, Vincent,” I said aloud to myself. “How could you be so heartfelt? Why shouldn’t you be heartless like the rest of the bloody creatures,” I asked myself as I walked into my small room.

The walls were white and dirty, the furniture was hand crafted, and everything about the small room screamed plain. Everything save for the small black box that rested on the table by the bed. I walked over to it and glared, as usual, as I sat on my bed. I sighed as I reluctantly took the box off of the small table and placed it on the bed next to me. I opened the clasp gently.

I hated the memories, but I had very few memories of my mother. This box held everything about her. She was beautiful with her long brunette hair, and her eyes were as green as the rainforests. She was tall and slender with pale skin. She was a vampire, like my father. They met one night while he was looking for food, and she was working.

My mother worked as a blood whore. Men paid her to drink their blood for their pleasure, and vampires paid her to let them drink her blood for their own pleasure. Vampire venom to humans is a powerful drug. It causes immense amounts of pleasure, and the only down side is that the human could possibly die from the draining. Or worse, the human could get addicted to the pleasure of the venom. Venom to vampires had almost the same effect, but a vampire usually wouldn’t drink from another vampire, unless the blood running through their veins was fresh. My mother as beautiful as she was had plenty of customers that gave her blood, so she could do both jobs easily without harming herself.

She went into the back ally with a vampire to let him feed from her, and that vampire was going a little too far. My father saw, but he waited like a real gentlemen until my mother screamed. He stepped in and saved her life. My mother quit her lifestyle for a while, and she got pregnant. After she had me she decided that having a family just wasn’t for her. She started going to the bars once again. A few years ago she was murdered. That same vampire my father saved her from came back for her, and he drained her dry. Before he murdered her, I had the pleasure of seeing her in all her glory feeding the scum of the Earth. She sickened me after that, and I never cared for her but she deserved justice. However she never received her justice.

I glanced at a picture. My father stood behind a chair that held my mother. She sat tall and straight, but instead of looking at the camera she stared at the infant in her arms. The smiling little infant appeared to be laughing and reaching towards his mothers face. That infant was me, and I solemnly believe that was the last time I was truly happy.

I stared at the picture for a few moments before I felt a drop of wetness escape my eye and trickle down my cheek. I quickly wiped my face as I put the picture away. I placed the box back on the table as I prepared to ready myself for my speech amongst the High Council, if they would see me. I wanted to be calm, collected, and at least appear to be a little confident. I would try not to let my anger get the best of me, but I knew that would probably happen no matter how hard I tried to control it. I was as stubborn as my father in those respects.

I smiled in the mirror and stated, “Hello, my name is Vincent Vaara, and something is very wrong with our world.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say thank you for subscribing.
I hope you're enjoying the story, and I would
adore some story comments.