Status: This is the new H Series.. I felt we needed to begin with Vincent's story to explain alot... btw Leave lots of comments!!! <3

The Darkness Within: The War of Myths

Chapter 5: High Council Meeting

I managed to practice my speech for the High Council for nearly an hour before it was time to start towards the Council Courthouse. Uncle Fredrick came round with his carriage and picked up my father and me. I was off to either the greatest moment of my existence or the moment that would destroy my being for the rest of my existence.

I repeated my speech over and over in my head, and something made me want to pray to God, although God never seemed to help before. I barely noticed the silence of the carriage ride over the screaming in my brain. I rubbed my left upper arm in a nervous gesture, but quickly managed to stop. I would show no signs of weakness in front of my elders, nor would I let them think that I was too young to have an opinion on the matter in which I was here to express.

We arrived in what seemed like mere moments, but it could not have been less than two hours. I was nearly prepared to go knock the door down with my determination; however, one look at the monstrous building nearly sent me into a sort of frenzy. My father placed a comforting hand on my shoulder which seemed to cause my nerves to disappear.

We walked into the building, Uncle Fredrick told the secretary to announce our arrival, and moments later we were asked to step into the conference room. The conference room was large with grand black carpeting and wooden chairs set in a sort of semicircle. A small wooden table was placed next to the grand chairs, and looked very much out of place. I assumed that was where the Human Representatives would be seated. In the middle of the grand room was a podium. It wasn’t grand like the chairs, but it wasn’t quite as plain as the small table. It looked more like it belonged in the room.

I walked around the room once before I managed to bring myself to the podium. I, somehow, knew that this was where I was going to have my chance to speak. It seemed as soon as I stepped behind the podium people began to enter. I realized quickly that they were of the creature species because most had their fangs bared or their wings fluttered. The Humans entered as I had, slowly through the opposite door.

The humans managed to scuttle around their table before their leader stood bravely to speak. “We are ready when you are to hear the child speak,” a man with light hair pronounced.

A vampire with light hair arose from his seat, which was in the middle of the grand chairs, as he said, “We concur, you may speak, child.”

I was dismayed by their stances. The creatures sat beautifully yet lazily in their grand chairs, and the humans coward behind their little table. I almost wanted to ask the poor humans what they were so afraid of, but I quickly decided against the subject because I realized they had every right to be afraid considering the creatures would gladly have them for breakfast. I was curious as to whom each council member was, but I wasn’t going to ask. I knew to just get straight into my point.

I looked each member of the High Council in the eye before giving the humans a quick glance to show respect before I opened my mouth. I quickly shut it, and then reopened it once again. Finally the words managed to boil out of my mouth along with the anger I had experienced in the days prior.

“My name is Vincent Vaara, and I have witnessed a great injustice. This injustice was meant to be imposed upon our kind, the creatures of myth; however, it was imposed upon an innocent.” I spoke with great conviction as I told my audience about the poor little girl.

“It is inconceivable that this could happen amongst the humans, but it is not so inconceivable that the humans would begin to hunt those who feed off of their kind.” I finished my speech with, “we need to stop this madness, and we need to stop it soon. There is no need to pin innocent humans against one another in a hunt that will inevitably lead to their demise.”

I glanced quickly at the human table, and the humans surrounding it looked less afraid. They appeared to be in agreement with me. I turned my gaze back towards the creatures. They were quiet and unmoving except for the soft fluttering of wings. The vampire in the middle of the creatures stood. He was tall and he had broad dark wings. I didn’t particularly know his species, but he seemed very powerful.

He kept his dark eyes on me, and I felt as if I would be sucked into the pits of hell at any moment, but I stood my ground. He spoke in a deep baritone voice, “human, what say you to this matter?”

The human leader rose. His fair hair was combed neatly to the side, and his skin seems almost as pale as mine. His bright eyes seemed proud at having been asked for his opinion. He parted his plush pink lips as he answered, “I agree with the child. Humans have every right to hunt you down for killing our kind; however, I don’t want my kind to kill one another in a quest to find creatures who disguise themselves as humans.”

“Child,” the creature spoke to me, “what do you propose we do about this great war that you have predicted?”

“Sir, I haven’t given it much thought,” I started, but was quickly cut off.

“Of course you haven’t given it much thought! What are creatures supposed to eat? How are we to survive without the blood of human?” he half yelled half hissed at me.

“Why not separate the worlds?! The humans can cast off their wrong doers and those who want to come into the creature world, and we can feed off them. The peaceful creatures like the fairies can stay in this world if they wish, but they will be risking their own lives considering the hunters have already tried to claim the life of a fairy.”

“Why, you ingrate?!?!?!” The creature shouted

“I agree,” shouted the human with more confidence than any normal human would exert in front of a creature. “Why can’t you do that?” the human addressed the creature.

Growls sounded amongst the humans. I realized I had made an outrageous suggestion, but I couldn’t help but to feel that it was worth it. Two worlds would save millions of lives. It would allow everyone to live in peace and happiness.

Soon whispers of approval began to circle around the creatures. A grimace crossed the creature’s face. He parted his wide jaw to speak again, “Seven days. In seven days we can have a new world prepared to take on the creatures of myth; however, make no mistake. This world will need a leader. The human world will of course need us, the High Council, to stay here and govern the creatures that choose to stay behind.” A small smile found its way across my lips.

“They can fight that out for themselves in the new world,” one of the humans suggested, although I could tell it was meant to be more confident.

“We shall see,” the creature announced as he banged his gavel. The rest of the creatures rose from their seats as a beautiful woman entered the room. “Call forth the elementals, and the binder,” the creature instructed the woman. “Court adjourned,” the creature announced as the woman left the room.

The humans scattered quickly, and the creatures went into an adjacent room. It was finally time to breathe, and for the first time I realized I hadn’t breathed since I entered the court room. I stole a glance at my father and Uncle Fredrick. Both were smiling, and I somehow knew that I had done the right thing; however my stomach told me that something dreadful was going to happen very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have 8 subscribers!!!! You are amazing people. I adore you.
<3