Stone Wall Stone Fence

Chapter Four

Dylan blinked slowly in the darkness. Eyes trying to adjust, he scratched his head with a cute pout. (That if he were to be more awake, would’ve been embarrassed of.) There was emptiness next to him where Cabal should have been laying. And his heart sped up with a jolt after realizing that he wasn’t there.

“Cabal?” he whispered quietly. As if Cabal would just pop out from a hiding spot and go “Gotcha!” and everyone would laugh at how funny the joke had been. Seeing at how this was totally out of character for the older man Dylan quickly ruled out that possibility.

After a few seconds of a no popping out Cabal. A noise was heard somewhere in the dark room. “Cabal?” he asked again while biting his lip. With no response Dylan quickly started becoming nervous. Pulling his legs up to his chest, he rested his head against the headboard and told himself to relax. Thinking things over he realized that something had woken him up. He didn’t know what it was or who but someone must have made a noise. And then suddenly the room didn’t feel as safe as it had five seconds ago.

Shrinking back into his covers. Looking as of like a child would do trying to hide from monsters. Their blankets the ultimate guard. Slowly formed into a fetal like position. Hearing another noise coming from the direction of what seemed to be where the dresser was, from what he could remember when it was daytime, took a deep breath and held it. Trying to listen better.

Logically, one would think. “Oh, it’s just the house. Who knows how old it must be?” But no. It was the whole overall atmosphere of the room that was scaring Dylan. It felt tense and suffocated like he imagined a mouse would be feeling while being watch by a cat with only a cage separating them apart.

Trying to clear his head of panic he started trying to take deep breaths to calm down. At any other time, the sight of Dylan would be hysterical but right now it just looked sad.

Smiling the man scooted a little closer towards his prey. Hiding in the room had been easy. It was pitch black and one wouldn’t even be able to see their own hand if they wanted to. The only bit of moonlight that was showing could be seen where the kid was laying. “Perfect” he thought. It was taking every bit of strength to keep to himself and not touch the boy. But oh how he wanted to.

To the mans shock though, Dylan quickly threw off the blanket and made a run towards the door in hopes of escaping. Tearing it open he screamed out “C-Cabal!” before a large hand slapped over his mouth while the other pulled him by his hair into the room making him whimper. A click of what sounded like a knife could be heard and he felt a pressure on his exposed neck.

“Make another peep and that pretty throat of yours will get a nice little cut in it, understood?” the man said grunting. Nodding his head, well nodding it as much as one would be able to when there was a knife on their neck, and slowly started to feel tears pricking at his eyes. “Good boy.” The man grunted again while leading the boy to the bad and trying to undress him. His shirt came off and all that was left was his boxers. Grinning now the man grabbed both of Dylan’s arms and tied them to the bed using a bandana that he wore for occasions like this. Dylan was shaking now and tears were openly falling down his face.

Cabal after hearing Dylan’s voice ran quickly toward the room they had decided to stay in, only to find that it had been locked. “Dylan?” he asked in alarm. While jingling the knob again. “Dylan what's wrong?” only to be responded with silence.

Stepping back he swiftly shot up his leg, kicked down the door and was met with a pitch-black room. Furrowing his eyebrows. He looked around, in search of the younger boy. Stepping towards the bed his eyes landed on two figures. Only being able to see an outline of each, his hand instinctively hovered over his sword that was on his hip. Dylan who had been silent the whole time let out a sob. Eyes widening Cabal recognized whose voice belonged to who, pulled back his fist and landed it right on the others face. Causing the man to be pushed off the bed and onto the ground with a loud crack of his nose. Jumping over Dylan, Cabal landed beside the man and all that could be heard was skin against skin and a final slice through the air from an object leaving everything quiet again.

Still shaking, Dylan attempted to curl up in a ball, sniffling, tears still falling down. Cabal finally turning around ran over and untied him. Grabbing him from underneath the armpits like one would do with a baby, rested him on his hip and carried him out of the room. Holding on for dear life Dylan sobbed into his shoulder while leaving crescent moon shapes around Cabal’s neck from how tight he was holding him against him. Not wanting to be left alone or let go ever again. Going a few doors down finding another bedroom Cabal sat him on the bad laying down next to him. “Shh, shh, shh its okay I’m here now.” He kept saying over while rocking him. Cabal not knowing how else to calm him down started singing softly while shushing him letting his head rest on top of the younger boys head. It was a Russian lullaby his mother used to sing to him when he was younger and it always calmed down his fits.

Rubbing his back softly, eventually Dylan’s sobs turn into hiccups and he slowly relaxed in the older’s arms. Cabal was relieved that he got there when he had. The man hadn’t raped him but he sure was damn close.

They’ve only known each other for less then a day and here they are with problems already. Sighing Cabal rested his cheek on the now sleeping Dylan’s forehead. If this is what happens when he starts letting strangers travel with him, well, he wasn’t sure he wanted it. Still he couldn’t just leave Dylan on the streets especially after what just happened. He’s not that big of an asshole.

At that he stayed up until he could see the sun rising. As said before. He wouldn’t be able to sleep even if he tried. Before the apocalypse, He used to take pills for his insomnia. Stopping that train of thought quickly he shook his head as if to get the bad thoughts out. Thinking about family, friends, school, everything that happened before the breakout only would depress him further.

You would think though. That they would have sent search parties for any survivors by now. But Cabal had stopped dreaming like that after a year of waiting. Maybe the world did indeed die. And none of them would ever be saved.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm not exactly sure where i'm going with this story quite yet. but its getting there.

anywho, comments? <3

OH and i found another picture. heh. Dylan
so fucking cute omg.