Status: such a sad tale for such a sad world

Leukemia

Feeling Normal

When I went to the train station, I had no idea where I was going all I knew was I couldn’t go back to that hospital. I sat by myself on the train observing all the people. They all knew where their life was headed and whatever they did in a couple hours changed it, but my life is set in stone. I have leukemia and in some years I’m going to die. People got on board the train at the next stop, but I laid my head down when a hand tapped my shoulder. My face looked up quickly and my eyes were met with orbs of sparkling brown and I couldn’t look away. A girl looked at me and said, “I love your hair it looks so soft. Can I touch it?” I stared at her wondering if she could tell I needed someone to talk to, wondering if she could tell I had cancer. I nodded and as her fingers danced around through my blonde hair only brought tears to my eyes as I imagined that it wouldn’t be there anymore when I start chemo. “What’s your name?” she asked. I hesitated as this was the first conversation I had with someone outside of my family and hospital people.
“I’m Cameron who are you?” I asked.
“I’m Taylor,” she said as the bus pulled up to another spot. My father walked into the train and I knew it was time to go.
“I’m sorry I have to go, Taylor,” I said getting out of the seat. She caressed my hand for a second as the door began to close I went off the train with my dad.
I heard her yell, “I ride this bus every weekday this same time come see me tomorrow Cameron.” The doors closed before I could answer her, but I smiled as we left the station. This is the first thing that’s made me really happy since I found out I had cancer.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't worry guys it will get longer soon.