Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Done :)

He Could Be the One

Breakdown

Matt's POV
I groaned at the sound coming from downstairs, hoping that maybe someone else in the house would get out of bed and answer the door. Ten minutes go by and the banging only seems to get louder and louder. I sighed deeply and got out of bed. I looked at the time on my cell phone, which just made me groan more after looking at the time. 5:16am. Who the fuck bangs on a person's door at this ungodly hour? I walked out of my room and headed downstairs to find a figure standing behind the front door. I make my way over to open the door only to find
Sevie's boyfriend standing there with a very irritated look on his face.
"Jonathan, you're back?"
He pushed his way into the house and ran upstairs. What the fuck? I ran after him and say him make his way to Sevie's room. Shit! I walked in and found him looking in her closet and bathroom.
"Where's Sevie?"
"Why do you need to see her?"
"I have to have a reason to talk to my girlfriend?"
"Well I mean...no I guess not...but you just seem really angry and stuff so..."
He shook his head, pushed me out of his way, and headed back downstairs. I followed him close behind and saw him searching around in the living room, throwing shit everywhere.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa what's all this about anyway dude?"
He turned to me and glared. "Don't play dumb Matt. Tell me, how long did you expect to hide the truth from me?"
My eyes grew. "Wha-what are you talking about?"
"I know about everything Matt, don't act stupid!"
"What's with all the yelling?!"
I turned around to find everyone, but Hunter and Gabe, make their way to the living room.
"Jonathan, what are you doing here?" Claudia asked.
"I'm looking for Sevie, where is she?! Don't even try to lie to me, I know all about the Alex Gaskarth ordeal!"
"How did you..." Ray began, before getting cut off.
“Alex himself told me, that’s how I found out Ray! Now where’s Sevie?!”
Everyone looked at each other. I sighed and took a deep breath. “She’s not here…”
“Where the hell is she then?!”
“Jonathan calm down!” Toma demanded.
“I’m not calming down until I talk to Sevie!”
“She’s in California!”
Jonathan looked away from Toma and back at me. “California?”
I felt Claudia put her hand on my shoulder. “Matt…”
“Claudia we can’t keep lying to him! I told Claire before she left and she didn’t listen!”
I turned back to Jonathan. “Yea she’s in California visiting Zack Merrick, her best friend. I’m actually glad you know about the whole Alex ordeal, now you know how much of a fucking heartless bastard he is. If all this commotion is about Sevie and us lying you so be it but before you do or say anything to Sevie know this, she lied because she loves you. She wanted to keep your friendship with All Time Low safe and drama free because that’s just the type of person she is. Think about what you’re gonna do Jonathan.”
Everyone was quiet. Jonathan then sighed and told me something that no one else could hear before calmly walking out the door.
Sevie’s POV
I can’t believe I let things escalate to that level with Zack…ugh, I can’t believe I did that to Jonathan. I had arrived back in Dallas about forty-five minutes ago and was currently on my way home. Ten minutes later, the taxi driver pulled up in front of the house. He helped me with my suitcase after I paid him and drove off right after. I picked up my suitcase and checked the time. 8:51am, I would’ve been here earlier if it weren’t for those constant delays back at LAX. I sighed and made my way to the front door, unlocked it, and walked in, closing the door behind me. Thinking I would find the house completely quiet, to my surprise, I was proven wrong.
“Sissy!”
Gabe ran to me from the kitchen with his arms wide open. “Gabe, what are you doing up so early?”
“Sissy, guess what?”
I picked him up and kissed him on the cheek. “What is it bud?”
“Lexi came ta see ya!”
“Lexi…no…how?”
Suddenly out of nowhere Axel made his way over from the living room. I out Gabe down and saw him run back to the kitchen. I then looked at Axel.
“Axel, what’s going on?”
“Come on everyone’s waiting in the living room.”
I nodded and followed him. Once I walked in, everyone was seated all around the room. I took a seat in between Claudia and Ray.
“Glad to have you back.” Frank said from across the room.
“How did you…”
“We tried getting a hold of you but when we couldn’t, we called Zack.” Toma replied.
I nodded. “Ok now answer me this, what did Gabe mean when he said Alex came over to see me? He’s joking right?”
“I’m afraid not Sevie.”
“Sophie?”
Ray pointed to the computer next to Matt and there on the screen was Sophie, live on Skype.
“Sophie, what do you mean?”
“Sevie, yesterday at Jack’s house Alex told Jonathan everything that happened between the two of you.”
I shook my head. “No…how did Alex fucking find out about everything, more importantly, where we lived?”
She sighed. “Grieco got your address form Danny then handed it to Alex. AS to how Alex found out about Jonathan, according to him he got that info from your brothers and Erika.”
I looked over and glared at Hunter. “You told Alex?! How could you, you fucking idiot?!”
“I didn’t mean to Sevie I swear! I was just so mad at him when I saw him that I didn’t really realize what I was saying. It just slipped out.” Hunter said, defending himself.
I looked at Sophie, ignoring Hunter’s very existence at the moment. “Do you know where Jonathan is? What did he do to Alex?”
“Well, he punched Alex and drove off to who knows where. I tried explaining things to him but nothing got through.”
I pulled out my phone from my pocket and dialed away. “Come on, pick up…”
“Don’t even try it Sevie.”
I looked at Matt. “Why the hell not? He’s my boyfriend; I wanna make sure he’s ok!”
Just as I was about to dial Jonathan’s number again, Matt snatched my phone away from me.
“I told you not too!”
Suddenly a sting overcame my right hand as a red mark slowly developed on Matt’s face.
“Sevie!” Claudia yelled.
Matt glared at me and threw my phone at my feet before storming out of the living room. I picked up my phone and just as I was about to call Jonathan again, Toma interfered.
“Sevie he’s not going to pick up.”
“He has to…”
She sighed. “Look Sevie, Jonathan came looking for you this morning. We didn’t want to lie to him more so when he asked where you were, Matt told him. He also left you a message.”
“A message? What was it, tell me please.”
She sighed. “It’s over.”
“Over, as in…”
Everyone nodded. I felt my heart shatter then and there on that very spot. No…it can’t be… I quickly turned on my heels and ran out the front door, grabbing who’s ever keys on the way out. When I realized I had grabbed my own car keys, I got into my car and drove to Jonathan’s house. I have to talk to him…I need him…I love him…
About thirty minutes later I pulled into Jonathan’s neighborhood but before I could pull up to his house, I saw him in the arms of his ex, Erika. I suddenly remembered what Sophie had just told me. Erika helped Alex…they planned for this to happen… I focused back on Erika and Jonathan but when I looked up, they had disappeared. I parked my car not too far from Jonathan’s house and made my way over to his front door. Just as I was about to knock, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed two figures in the living room. The curtain was slightly pulled back so I saw everything that was going on.
I saw Erika whisper something into Jonathan’s ear and before I knew it, they were making out. I could feel my entire body just wanting to give out at any moment. I couldn’t stand what was going on anymore, so I just gave up and left. On the drive back home, I couldn’t fight back the tears any longer. They began to slide my cheeks one after the other, nonstop. I lost him… it’s all my fault… I finally pulled into the driveway of the house and stepped out of my car. I made my way to the front of the house, where I met by someone.
“Did you talk to him?”
I shook my head as fresh new tears tried to push their way through. “He was with Erika…they kissed…”
“Claire…”
I closed the small gap between us and wrapped my arms around his torso. “I’m so stupid and for that I’m now suffering the consequences. I lost him… I lost Jonathan, Matt.”
I felt him wrap his arms around me and rub circles in my back. “It’ll be ok Claire…believe me when I say this, you and Jonathan are meant to me. He’s the one for you.”
His words only made me cry more and more. I hope you’re right Matt…
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada it's over.
I'm not very happy with the ending but hey it had to happen.
Sorry if you guys were expecting a happy ending.
I wanted to be different. :)
There is a sequel so there is still hope for Jonathan and Sevie.
Unless you guys would rather have them apart... :o