Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Siblings Know Best

Jasey's POV
Weeks have gone by and Jack has been acting stranger and stranger each day. At one point he just stopped showing up to band practice with the guys once it got moved to Zack's house. I tried talking to him but all my attempts failed. Jack shunning me away really hurt. I knew sitting in my room like I am now wasn't gonna suddenly make things better but what else could I do?
"Jasey, mind if I come in?" asked my brother from behind my closed bedroom door.
"I don't care..."
I laid there in my bed curled up in a ball as my brother came in. I then felt myself sink into the bed, letting me know that Rian had just sat down.
"You coming to practice today?"
I slightly shook my head. "No..."
He sighed. "This because of Jack?"
I didn't respond back. I don't understand why he'd even ask, fully knowing who I so bummed about.
"Just leave me alone."
"You know, you moping around isn't gonna bring him back."
I groaned. "I fucking know that already. Geez you make it sound as if he were dead."
Rian shrugged. "You never know, he might actually be dead for all we know."
I grabbed one of my pillows and whacked Rian upside the head with it. "Shut up, don't even kid around like that Ri!"
I sat up and looked down at my lap. i then heard Rian sigh. "Look, how about I call you when or if Jack shows up. Would that make you feel better?"
I looked up at him and nodded. He smiled and leaned forward, placing a kiss on my forehead.
"Alright I'll let you know. Now cheer up, big brother Rian got you covered."
I giggled. "Thanks Ri, you the best."
"I know. I'll see ya later alright?"
I nodded. "Kay, say hi to everyone for me."
"Will do."
With that said, Rian gave me a hug and walked out of my room. i fell back onto my bed and sighed.
"I really hope he shows up..."
Jack's POV
"Jack, you better show up to practice today. enough of this moping around shit. this isn't like you."
I hated to admit it but what Alex said in his voicemail was true. This isn't like me at all. i feel pretty ashamed to have let all this shit get to me.
"You staying in again?"
I looked up away from my phone to my bedroom door, only to find May leaned up against the door frame.
I shrugged. "I don't know, maybe."
She sighed. "What's happened to you Jack?"
"Nothing."
"Bullshit, something's up. It's not like you to ignore your friends especially not Jasey."
Jasey. she most likely hated me for ignoring her.
"Just go to practice." said my older brother Joe, who was now standing behind May.
"But..."
He shook his head. "Quit bullshitting yours and go. You know you want to."
Joe was right. So I nodded and did as I was told without another word. On the drive to Zack's, I was hoping deep down inside that Jasey would be there. there was so much we needed to talk about.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright here's another.
This one is short.
I promise to make the next one longer. :)