Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Take Me Away

Jasey's POV
"So how was your day with Jack?"
I closed my locker and turned to Maddie. "It was loads of fun."
"What did you guys do?"
"We just hung out and chilled, no biggie." I smiled.
"Hey can I ask you something?"
I nodded. "Sure, what is it?"
She sighed and pulled me into an empty hallway.
"Maddie what's going on?"
"Jasey, do you like Jack?"
I blushed. "What are you talking about? No I don't."
"Are you sure cause all the signs are there."
"I'm positive. Jack is just a friend. He's my best friend. Plus if I did like him, would I have agreed to go out with someone else?"
"Whoa what?"
I nodded. "Yea, Zack asked me out."
"When did that happen?"
"Same day I hung out with Jack."
"Does Jack know?"
I shook my head. "Nope. It happened after my mom had dropped him off."
"When's the date?"
"This weekend."
"Wow, so you like Zack?"
"Yea..."
Maddie sighed. "Sorry about before."
"It's ok, no worries biffle."
We smiled and made our way out of school. On our way home, we decided to stop by a nearby park and chill for a little while. We each took a seat on the swing set and kicked our feet in the sand.
"So does Rian know?"
"Oh god no. You know how he is about me dating his friends."
Maddie giggled. "He's just looking after you. He care about you a lot."
I sighed and smiled. "I know that but sometimes I wish he could care a little less, ya know?"
She nodded. "Yea I know but it's Ri. Even when we were kids he looked after you.
You two were inseperable."
"Now look at us. Nothing's really changed."
We both laughed.
"Jasey! Maddie!"
We turned our attention to the front gate of the park to see Noel making her way towards with Zack following close behind.
"What are you guys doing here?" Noel asked.
"Just hangin'." Maddie smiled. "What about you two?"
"We were just headed to Jasey's house."
"My house?" I asked.
Zack nodded. "Yea didn't Rian tell you? Band practice got moved there."
I shook my head. "No Ri never told me. What happened to having it at your place?"
"Our stupid neighbors can't stand the ruckus. Pssh bitches just don't know good music." Noel complained.
I giggled. "Gotcha."
"Where's Britt?"
"She left for Florida on Friday for Thanksgiving."
Noel groaned. "Lucky!"
"Hey Jase why don't we all head to your place together?" Maddie asked getting up from her seat.
I nodded. "Sounds good."
"Race ya!" Noel yelled, running out of the park.
"Hey no fair!" Maddie yelled running after her, leaving Zack and I behind.
He looked at me and smiled. "You wanna catch up to them?"
I shook my head and looked up at the sky. "I'm good. I kinda want to take my time and enjoy the weather. It's really beautiful."
"Just like you."
I blushed and looked at him. "What?"
Zack smiled. "You're a beautiful human being Jasey. You're a sweet, nice, caring, out-going, down right awesome person."
I giggled. "No way I can be all those things."
"Well you are, which is why I've fallen in love with you Jasey."
I blushed at his confession. "You're in love with me?"
He nodded. This was the first time anyone has ever confessed to me in that way. Actually this was the first time anyone has ever confessed to me period. What am I suppose to do?
Jack's POV
"I'm seriously getting tired of changing locations for band practice." Alex complained.
I sighed. "Tell me about it."
Apparently during the weekend, band practice was moved to the Dawson's due to Zack's neighbors complaining about the noise. Fucking haters. Thankfully it was much closer than Zack's house so we could just walk from Alex's house or school.
"So dude, you never told me how your date with Jasey went. Did you score?"
"What the fuck Alex?"
He chuckled. "I'm just kidding, relax. For real though, how was it?"
"It was awesome."
"What did you guys do?"
"We just hungout and talked a bit. She asked about my sudden disappearance."
"Shit, for real?" speaking of that, why did you go MIA? It wasn't like you to do something like that."
I sighed. "This dude I'm friends with likes Jasey and I don't know I guess I got mad."
"Well did this dude know you likd her too?"
I shook my head. "No."
"See, you should've told him. Who is the guy anyway?"
"I can't tell you."
"What, why the hell not?"
I looked at Alex. "I just can't, ok?"
"Ok dude got it. So i take it you didn't tell Jase about how you felt?"
I shook my hand again and looked down at as I continued to walk. "No, I didn't."
"Dude you gotta do tell her soon before..."
"Before what?"
I looked at Alex and noticed the he was looking at something up ahead. I turned towards the same direction and instantly felt my heart break in two. Jasey was in the arms of Zack, holding each other close.
"Baby!"
Noel ran to Alex and hugged him.
"Hey babe. what's going on over there?" Alex asked.
She turned and smiled. "Oh you mean my brother and Jase?"
Alex and I nodded.
"Don't tell Ri but Jase and Zack are dating."
"So they're..."
Noel smiled at me. "Boyfriend and girlfriend, yep."
I don't know what came over me but when they kissed, my body just took off in the oppisite direction.
"Jack!"
I ignored Alex's call and ran.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
To be honest, I don't like how I ended it.
I'm no good at sad endings.
As for a sequel, I have already started writing it.
Will I post it? I don't know.
Lately I haven't really been motivated to continue writing.
I love doing it but I just don't know. :/