Sequel: She Takes Me High
Status: Done

Caught Between the Two

Obviously

Jack’s POV
I groaned as my alarm went off on my night stand. I reached over and slammed it off. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up in bed. I looked around the room and found Alex still fast asleep and snoring way too loud on the ground next to my bed. I grabbed one of my smaller pillows and threw it at his face to shut him up. It failed. I sighed deeply and laid there in bed just staring at me ceiling. I can’t believe Alex, of all people, found out.
Night before…
Once their dad's car was out of sight, Alex looked at me suspiciously.
"What?"
"So, when were you planning on telling me that you're in love with Jasey Rae?"
There were only three words that could describe how I felt....
Fuck. My. Life.
“How did you…”
“Dude I may be stupid but come on man it’s fucking obvious.”
“Re-really?”
He nodded and chuckled. “Wait till Rian finds out…”
“No, please don’t tell Rian. He’ll kill me. You know how protective he is about her.”
“Jack chill I won’t say anything to him. I was only joking around.”
I sighed in relief. He made his way over to the living room and turned on the TV.
“When did you start liking Jasey though and why didn’t you fucking tell me before? I thought we were best friends Jacky-poo.”
I grabbed a pillow off the couch and threw it at him as he laughed his ass off. “Shut the fuck up Gaskarth.”
He tossed the pillow back and smiled. “So are you gonna tell me or not?”
I sighed and sat down. “It started during the summer I guess. The more we hung out with her the more I fell.”
“During the summer, wasn’t she with Ian?”
I nodded. “Yup, but hey I couldn’t help it. I just fell for her.”
“I take it you were pretty stoked when she told us she broke up with him.”
“Dude you have no idea. I thought that maybe I had a chance. But then she…”
“Pulled the friend card?”
I groaned. “Yea exactly.”
“Don’t worry about it too much Jack. Just go for it, you never know she might actually like you back.”
“Or she might not. Did you not see how she looked at Zack?”
“What are you talking about?”
“She was pretty much undressing him with her eyes.”
“Whoa wait you think she likes Zack?”
“Well yea.”
“Dude are you fucking kidding me?! Why would Jasey like Zack, she doesn’t even know him. You know how she is; she always wants to get to know the person first before anything happens. She’s told us this before.”
“I guess you’re right.”
Alex sighed. “Dude I say you go for it really but it’s all up to you.”
“Thanks I’ll have to think about this.”
Present…
I groaned and got out of bed, stepping over Alex. I grabbed some clothes and headed straight to the shower. After a good 20 minutes, i finished my shower and walked out of the bathroom dressed and ready for the day. When I walked out though, Alex was gone. Where did he go? Suddenly I smelt something burning. I ran downstairs and into the kitchen.
“Alex what the fuck did you do?!”
He looked over at me. “I was just cooking waffles!”
I ran over to where he was and unplugged the smoking toaster. “Don’t ever try to cook again. Like really just don’t.”
“What burnt?”
Alex and I turned to the kitchen door and say my sister standing there in her PJs. Alex chuckled.
“Nice hair May, rough night?”
She glared at him. “Ugh I forgot you were here. What did you burn this time?”
“Hey it’s not my fault your home appliances don’t like me.”
“Sure blame our home appliances.”
“I just did stupid.”
“Who are you calling stupid Gaskarth?”
“Who do you think Mayrat?!”
“I told you not to call me that!”
“As if I’d ever listen to you!”
I sighed and just served myself a bowl of cereal as May and Alex continued to argue. I was pretty glad my parents went to work early so they didn’t have to listen to this racket. Just as I finished my cereal, my phone went off in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that Alex had pulled his phone out as well. We both opened our phones.
“Hey it’s a message from Rian.” I said.
“I got it too.”
I opened the message and blushed immediately.
“Oh shit! Jase looks H-O-T!”
I looked up at Alex and saw him just staring at the picture with a smile on his face. He then looked up at me.
“Ope heh my bad.”
I sighed and shook my head as I took my bowl to the sink. May was already calm and drinking a cup of coffee after her and Alex’s lil fight.
“So what are you guys doing today?”
“Band practice at 2.”
“That’s it?”
“For now, yes pretty much why?”
“Nah just saying is all.”
She then walked out of the kitchen leaving me with Alex.
“What’s wrong with you?” Alex asked.
“Nothing, just thinking.”
“About Jasey?”
I shrugged. “I suppose.”
“Man you’ve got it bad huh?”
I smiled faintly. “Guess I do.”
“Well let’s hope she comes today so you can tell her.”
“Whoa wait what?!”
“You are gonna tell her right?”
“Fuck no!”
“Why the fuck not?!”
“Cause…”
“I’m waiting.”
I sighed. “I don’t know…”
Alex shook his head. “Anyway come on let’s get some writing done while we wait for the others.”
We made our way out of the kitchen and into the living room where we got down to work for the next few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who should Jasey go for Jack or Zack?
Leave your thoughts. :)
I'm curous to know.