Status: on-going.

Entres Nous

XXI.

Three Weeks Later

“Hey Yura?”

“No.”

“Aw, c’mon you didn’t even know what I was gonna ask!” Chan lifted up her head from her seat, straightening it out and crossing her arms. They had been stuck in an immense amount of traffic for over an hour now, Yura slipping out a book from the back seat to read while Chan lied down for a nap. So much for going early to work.

She bobbed her head forward, brushing strands of her pink hair away from her face and tucking them behind her ear. The brunette had no idea why she had just noticed just how piercings her roommate had, at least seven in her left ear and she assumed the same on the other. She assumed the only reason was because Yura never bothered slipping on earrings on each, but this time she had made sure to insert beautiful, silver ones with various designs that wrapped around her ear.

Chan gave her a look down. For someone who usually was always well-dressed for, well, everything, she was looking especially good that day. She wore a knee-length, scarlet pencil skirt that was slightly cut on each side with a white, button-up, long-sleeve shirt that buttoned all the way to her neck. At the back of the shirt it was cut in a tear drop shape, just enough to see Yura’s crown tattoo peeking out. On her feet she wore black, at least three-inch heel pumps that matched her thick, black belt that wrapped around her waist.

“Continuing onto what I was gonna ask...” She started, parting away from her stare.

“The answer is still no.” Yura sighed, closing her book and throwing it back. Chan twitched at the sound. “I’m not gonna tell you what I want for my birthday.”

“Aw, c’mon it’s like in eight days!” She groaned. “There has to be something you want. A cute dress? Some adorable shorts? Oh,” She smiled. “Some boots? I know how much my sweet Yura loves her boots.”

“As much as I do love my boots and as much as I would like a new pair I could honestly get them myself later, there is no pair that I want right now.”

Chan wrinkled her nose, giving her glare. “You are impossible to work with.”

The pink-haired girl gave her a shrug with a hint of a grin. “You should try to figure it out yourself. We’ve been living together for what-, almost four months? You should know what I like by now.”

“I do!” She slammed her head back against the seat. “I do, but I feel like it’s not enough. And it’s not like you don’t have everything you want already.”

“There are a lot of things I don’t have that I want.”

Chan’s ears perked up. “Like?”

“Like-,” Yura hit her hands against the car wheel. “Oh, finally.” She softly stepped on the gas as the line finally lurched forward, her eyes rolling. “Please, pretty please, go slower.

The brunette moaned. “Liiiike?

“Like I forgot what I was gonna say.”

Lies.” Chan hissed.

Yura gave her a simple smile as a reply.

Image


“It’s beautiful,” She tipped her head back to look it’s full and outstanding glory. She had always been aware of how skilled Yura was as an artist. She had seeing many of her drawings and some of her paintings, and although she was well aware how painting was not Yura’s forte, looking at an image and translating it into a canvas was. An enormous amount of her skills lied from the talent she had inherited from her grandmother. Drawing out the boys’ angelic faces, neck, and broad shoulders out of a recent photoshoot and then painting every little detail, from moles to eyelashes; now that, she could do well. Chan’s eyes went from boy to boy, meeting each of their gazes, stopping for a couple more seconds upon the one with slight signs of facial hair and looking him directly in the eyes. She smiled, turning away and nodding her head to the artist. “Really beautiful.”

Yura shrugged her shoulders, giving her a shy grin. “Thanks.”

“When did you have time to even do this?” They both watched as two men picked up the painting and hung it above the front counter, all of the people there, whether working or visiting turning to observe.

“The management had asked me a couple months back before you came if I could do a painting of the boys on my spare time. There wasn’t a time limit, they just said that whenever I found a picture that inspired me to make him a large painting which he could display in the front.” She rocked on her heels. “Thunder usually invites me to photoshoots so I can watch and the one they did recently was the one that inspired me to paint as much as I don’t like to.”

“How long did it take you?”

“Three and a half days.”

She frowned. “Wait, were those the days you wouldn’t come out of your room? The days you skipped worked and spoke to no one? The days you didn’t even eat?”

“Yeah, those days.”

Chan shook her head. “You know by the third day I actually thought of you as dead I was just too afraid to look inside the room and find your body.”

“I’m not sorry.” Yura stated.

“I know.”

Wow!” They turned to look at three amazed-looking boys staring at the painting. Mir grinned, pointing at his own face. “I look so beautiful!

In the painting.” G.O sarcastically commented, ruffling Mir’s dirty blonde hair. He turned and gave the girls a close-lipped smile. “Yura, you really did it this time. Joon’s gonna freak out when he sees himself.”

“More than he already does when he sees himself every morning in the mirror?” Chan retorted, raising an eyebrow, trying to maintain her poker face.

They all broke out into snorts.

“Ah, I’ve taught you well, grasshopper.” Yura laughed, patting the brunette’s back.

“It really is beautiful.” The girls looked over at Seungho, who was solely staring at the pink-haired one. “Thanks.”
Chan grew chills down her back her eyes peering from him back to her. The tension between them had increased by tenfolds since the elevator ride, each time they passed each other Seungho giving her a puppy-glance while Yura gave the cold shoulder. Even though Chan was strangely proud of her for moving on, she couldn’t help but feel bad for the blonde boy. Of course, it didn’t last very long. If she had to pick sides, she always went bros before hos. Yura being the bro and Seungho the ho.

She shrugged. “No need. It wasn’t for any of you.”

“Then who is it for?”

Image


They all snapped their heads back towards the entrance, a tall asian man stepping forward, his fingers slipping over his sunglasses and taking them off. Chan’s mouth practically unhinged from her jaw as she bluntly stared. In her entire twenty years of life, she had seen many beautiful men. She had dated many beautiful men. All sexy. All just for herself. But never in her life had she encountered such a sensual-looking guy like the one that was standing before her. She didn’t even have to turn to ask Yura to know his name.

Bi Rain.

She had practically pissed herself the first time she had watched him in that movie alongside Joonie. Hell, the only parts she could actually remember clear as day were the ones where he was shirtless. In fact, all she could recall for days after watching the movie were the many sexy dreams she had where Rain was a guest star. He looked even finer in person.

“Oppa, yeogiseo mwohaneungeoya?! (Brother, what are you doing here?!)” Yura grinned as he extending his arms for a hug, her own wrapping around his neck and embracing him back. His hug picked her up from her feet, swinging her around and placing her gently down. Chan felt a pang of jealousy. “I thought you were still doing business in America.”

“I came home early to celebrate Mireu’s birthday with everyone,” He paused, his face breaking into a frown. “And something else... I just can’t seem to remember...”

The pink-haired girl rolled her eyes. “I ain’t telling you.”

He ruffled her hair, pinching her cheek. “And my little Yura’s birthday as well.”

She slapped his hand away, beaming. He smiled back, turning his head towards Chan and giving her a quizzical look. “And who is this?”

“Ah, this is Chan, my roommate, assistant, and current best friend.” Yura introduced them, glancing over at the brunette. “And this is Bi Rain, someone which I’m sure you have heard about and seen.”

Her hand laced with his as he gave her a warm shake and a short bow. “A friend of Yura’s is a friend of mine. It’s very nice to meet you.”

“Same.” She croaked back her voice a little-too high pitched to sound normal. Sexy.

He didn’t seem to mind though, giving her a warm look before Mir caught his attention.

“What about us, you aren’t going to greet us after so long?” The maknae gave his elder the best pout he could possibly give before Rain sighed, extending his arms which Mir quickly ran into. “Papa!” He called out as he smashed his face into his button-up shirt. Chan tried to muffle her laughter wit the back of her sleeve.

Once Rain freed himself from the maknae’s grasp Seungho and G.O opted for a more respectable approach, giving him low bows and short, man hugs.

He turned to look at each of them, taking in a deep breath and letting it out slowly before placing his hands on his hips. “So. How about lunch?”

Image


So, Chan, Yura says you come from New York. The times I’ve gone I’ve always loved it. Did you go to school there?” Rain placed his chin on top of the palm of his hand as he sipped his iced tea. Chan broke into a sudden frown. It wasn’t that she didn’t know the answer to his question it was the fact that he even asked her a question that had taken her by surprise. They had been at the restaurant for over an hour and most of the conversation had involved MBLAQ and their stories, whether jokes or old memories they recalled. If it wasn’t that it was adventures they had had before with Yura, some of them involving Chan, but mostly no. She had mostly kept to herself, laughing, nodding, and shaking her head when necessary.

She took a gulp of her water, clearing her throat. “Uh yeah. I went to NYU.”

“What is your major?”

“Art and... stuff. Art. Mostly art.” She nodded. She felt like adding that she also wanted to double major in Psychology but she decided to leave that out. She hadn’t even started that program yet so if they asked questions she would be blank when answering them.

“Mostly art?” He gave her a smile. “You’re like a mini Yura. She answered the same thing when I first met her.”

Chan turned to look at the pink-haired girl, giving her a shy grin one which was gladly returned. “We do have a lot in common. We’re very alike.”

“A part of me hoped you two weren’t.” Rain replied, leading his head against two of his fingers which pressed against his temple. Even though is lips were smiling, his eyes were not. Chan didn’t retort. She wasn’t stupid. She knew exactly what he meant by that comment. Her eyes glanced over at Yura who’s face was void of emotion reflecting Seungho who sat opposite of her. Mir kept quiet, focusing on the cake one his plate. It was G.O who broke the silence.

“So, how long are you planning to stay?” He looked over at Rain.

“Not too long. I won’t be here for Yura’s birthday but I did wanted to stop by to give her her present and a hug.” He stated, cracking his knuckles as he rang the bell on the table, calling for their waitress to get the check.

“I’m just happy you stopped by.” She gave him an honest grin. “It was good seeing you again after so long.”

“I know. The last time we saw each other it wasn’t exactly on the best of terms.”

Rain was starting to pick a fight and Chan knew Yura wasn’t one to back away without giving a few punches of her own. Her eyes went from one person to the other.

“Haha, I seem to recall a lot of yelling and tears.” The pink-haired girl licked her lips, staring him straight in the eye, holding onto her grin.

“How times have changed.” He paused. “Or have they?” He looked over at Seungho. He didn’t dare turn his head to look back.

“They have, actually.” She nodded. “More so than you can imagine.”

“I’m glad.”

“I was sure you would be.”

“Supyo, seonsaengnim? (The check, sir?” A waitress stood by Rain’s side, handing him a little black notebook. He handed her his credit card, not even bothering to look up and thank her, his eyes firmly looking into Yura’s. He took a deep breath in, letting it out slowly.

“I’ll drive you all home.” He finally said, taking his credit card from the lady, flashing them a grin and standing up with everyone else. Chan simply followed.