Status: on-going.

Entres Nous

XXII.

“That is one scary motherfucker.” Chan remarked, letting herself drop on the couch. She kicked off her shoes, her arms draped on the side of the couch as she stretched her body out. “Never again.

Yura plopped on the seat next to her, slamming her head against the cushion and raising her feet onto the coffee table. Her head cocked to the side. “Once you know him he isn’t scary after all. He tries to intimidate the shit out of you, but he’s all bark no bite. Trust me on that one.”

“How the hell did you even manage to become friends with a guy who picked a fight with you at a restaurant?” She brushed her hair back from her face.

“He really does like me. It’s just he worries about the group’s safety and my own as well. He’s kind of like a dad for all of us.” Yura replied. “If he doesn’t like someone he lets them know first hand.”

“So does that mean that he likes me?”

“Possibly.”

“Thank God. I don’t want to get ninja’ed in my sleep.” Chan groaned, rolling her eyes back as she yawned. “I wanna take a na-,”

Before she could finish they both turned their heads towards the door when they heard a couple knocks.

“Who the fuck is it, it’s like-,” The brunette slipped out her phone from her pocket. “Okay, it’s three in the afternoon, forget I said anything.”

Yura scoffed as she stood up from her seat and walked towards the door, peeking through the peephole before turning to face Chan once again. “Oh, Chan!~ You have a visitor!”

“What? Who?”

She opened the door, the brunette raising her head to look at who it was before turning over onto her belly and burying her face in a pillow. “I’m not here.”

She felt two large hands grasp her hips, a little ‘eek’ popping out of her mouth as she felt someone turn her over, her eyes glaring at the boy. “Go home.”

“I just came from there and it didn’t have you in my bed so I got sad and left.” G.O gave her a grin.

“Did it have Mir? I heard he’s a cuddler, go cuddle with him.” She shooed him with her hands.

“I wanna cuddle with you.” He sat down near her feet, taking her wrists, pulling her up, his palms moving her right by his side as she groaned. He looked up at Yura.“See what I have to deal with?”

She sat back where she was. “Hey, you were the one who chose her, not me.”

“True that.” G.O nodded, looking down at the brunette, pecking the top of her head. Chan blew up her cheeks, inching away from him, feeling all the blood in her body rush up to her ears. “Anyway, back to business before this one-,” He pulled her back by her shirt. “runs away.”

Yura raised an eyebrow. “If you wanna take her out go for it, there’s no need to ask for my permission, I ain’t her mother.”

“Thank you.” He grinned, picking up Chan by the waist and throwing her over his left shoulder like a raggedy doll. She slapped his back over and over.

“What the hell! Put me down, you idiot, put me down!” She yelled, kicking her feet. Both of them didn’t even bother paying attention to her, G.O holding her legs down with an arm.

“I shall be on my way then.” He pointed downwards at the blue flats on the floor. “Oh, are these hers?”

“Yup.”

He picked them up, slipping them on Chan’s feet, watching as Yura opened the door for them to exit. She gave Chan a grin and a wave as she lifted her head up to look at her, giving her the finger as G.O carried her out.

“You will pay for this, Yura Hahn, I swear on my life you will pay!” She screeched down the hallway, but by the time she stopped screaming she realized Yura had long-ago closed the door. She glared at it nonetheless.

G.O carefully set he down on her feet by the time they reached the elevator, rubbing his shoulder. “You really aren’t as light as you look.”

She punched his shoulder. “Then why’d you pick me up, you stupid face?!”

“I thought it would be fun.” He moaned, taking her wrist the moment the elevator opened, walking by her side. He clicked the button for the bottom floor. “Besides, if I hadn’t, you probably would’ve attached yourself to the couch and would’ve never agreed to go out with me.”

“I would’ve.” She wouldn’t have.

He glanced down at her, giving her a, ‘stop lying’ look. She yawned in return.

“Where are we going anyways?” She asked, turning her head to face him. The elevator beeped as they both stepped out and started walking, Chan following G.O. He pulled the medical mask which lied under his chin over his mouth and nose, slipping the sunglasses that hung on his shirt over his eyes. She shrugged to herself. Oh, celebrities.

“A love motel.” His tone was serious.

“Please tell me you’re lying.”

“I’m lying.”

Chan sighed.

His laughter was muffled under his mask. “Disappointed?”

“Relieved.” She replied.

Mean.” He playfully shoved her with his elbow, earning a shove back.

“Honest.”

“Whatever you say.” He raked Chan’s hair with his fingertips. “Are you hungry?”

“More thirsty than hungry.”

“Wanna go get some co-hee?” He pointed down the street. “There’s a couple’s cafe near here. Yura took me there once, the co-hee there is really good.”

Chan’s face broke into a grin. “I’m sorry, the what there is really good?”

“The co-hee.”

“The what?”

“The co-hee.”

“One more time?”

He crossed his arms over his chest, his hand covering his mask. “I refuse!”

She beamed at him as they crossed the street towards the coffee place. “Aw, c’mon it’s cute! Please pour more milk on my-,” She pointed at G.O to finish her sentence.

“Cereal.”

Image


Chan sat back against the wall as she let G.O order for her, both of them looking at the small waitress that stood in front of the door of their private room. She had never been to a couples’ cafe before, and it really was exactly what the name said. A cafe for just couples. Little private rooms lied alongside the walls, big enough for only two people to fit in, a small table lying in the middle with comfy ottomans on the sides.

She nodded to the waitress, watching her step out of the room and closing the door behind them. G.O pulled down his mask, giving her a smile. “Just so you know, when I ordered our... drinks,” Chan smiled. “I was extremely self-conscious of the way I pronounced the C word.”

“I’m glad I ruined you forever.” She laughed, watching as the waitress came back again and placed down their little cups of coffee. She breathed in the smell, letting out a sweet sigh as the door closed once again. “It really smells good. The C word, I mean.”

He gave her a playful glare, licking his lips as he blew against his coffee.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” She raised up her eyes from her drink.

“Always.”

“Do you know what Rain meant when he said he had hoped Yura and I weren’t alike?” She knew the answer of course. She had known from the start what he had meant. She just wanted to know if G.O knew as well.

“He meant he wished that you wouldn’t commit the same mistakes Yura did.” He took a sip of his drink. “I’m sure he doesn’t think you have yet. The way he said it sounded like you already did, but in reality it was more future tense. He wishes you won’t commit the same mistakes Yura has.”

“What kind of mistakes?” She muttered, glancing down at her cup.

“Falling in love with an idol, for instance.” He smiled. “It got Yura into a huge pile of shit Rain had to use every resource he had to clean up.”

“What kind of shit?” Chan sipped her drink.

“The worst kind.” He furrowed his eyebrows. “I said until the fourth date.”

“Wh-what?” She frowned.

“You’re trying to juice information out of me.” He replied, crossing his arms and leaning back. “And you’re not doing a very good job.”

Chan rolled her eyes. “I’m not. I’m just asking about the Rain thing, not the Yura thing.”

“Well the Rain thing ties into the Yura thing so basically you still are.”

“Aw fine, I’ll stop. Change the topic if you wish.” She crossed her arms as well, giving him the same look he was giving her. His lips curled into a smile.

“If I tell you, we’ll be here forever. It really is a long story.” He replied. “And I wanted to spend the day talking about you, not Yura.”

She shook her head. “I just... want to know.”

“I know.”

“No, you don’t get it.” She leaned back, her head hitting the wall. “I don’t... care. I learned not to since I was a kid. People leave. People vanish. So I learned not to care very much. But once I attach myself to someone I can’t help but want to know everything about them. And I’ve attached myself to her.” She wrapped her fingers around her mug. “She cried so much. I’m sure she didn’t know I could hear her but the first few nights after she discovered Soyeon and Seungho were dating she cried. But every morning she still woke up with a smile on her face like nothing was wrong. In her position I would’ve grown insane. And tired. Very tired.”

He raised up a hand. “I get it.” She took a sip of her coffee. “Just answer me one thing as honest as you possibly can.”

Chan nodded.

“Am I someone you care for?”

She gave him a warm smile. “You’re someone I care for as much, if not more than Yura.”

He smiled back. “Aw.” He laughed. “Dammit, you’re too cute. Fine, I’ll tell you.”

She raised up her arms in victory. “I win!”

G.O sighed, letting his head droop back. “Just promise me you won’t mention this to anyone.”

“I won’t.”

“And also,” He looked at her straight in the eye. “this was a long time ago. This was back when Yura started working for us. Before she had her own office and everything. So when you go back home tonight, as much as your heart tells you to, refuse to pity Yura. Trust me, you will want to after I’m done.”
♠ ♠ ♠
prepare yourself.