Status: on-going.

Entres Nous

XXIV.

Every single day after that they received a letter. Same colored envelope. Same word. Same blood. They couldn’t figure out who was sending them no matter how hard they tried. They called security to stand in both their doorways. But somehow, someway, a letter always managed to get inside. When Yura didn’t receive one in the morning she let out a sigh of relief. But as she took out milk from the fridge she noticed something red taped to the back. When Seungho didn’t receive one in the morning he let out a sigh of relief. But as he walked over to make his bed he noticed something red peeking from under his covers.

By the time they knew it Yura was staying over. And although Thunder couldn’t stand the sight of her and Seungho together, he was scared for their safety. This wasn’t only frightening them. It was frightening everyone.

The sixth day she stayed over the letters stopped. Instead, they received a package. Both Yura and Seungho refused to open it leaving it to Bear manager to do the deed. He was, after all, the one who protected them. He ripped a little card that hung around the red ribbon, passing it over to Seungho to read. The manager untied it quickly from the box, pushing it aside, he carefully removed the lid, backing away at the sight. Everyone pressed their hands against their faces, covering their nose as they peeked inside. Yura and Joon ran for the sink, their heads bobbing together as they threw up. G.O was the last one to look before the manager covered the box once again.

Inside it, much to everyone’s horror was a dead rabbit, skinned and gutted, it’s head cut off, staring straight upwards, it’s body lying in pieces around it, it’s guts draped over. The stench was hardly something they could take, the manager slamming it shut and running outside, preparing to throw it.

Seungho shook his head as he read the card everyone turning to listen to him. “‘You didn’t listen. And because of that, every single day a cute, little animal will die.’” He glanced over at Yura, who was wiping her mouth with a towel. “‘That is, until we get tired of animals and start going after redheads.’”

It was official. They were all frightened to the bone.


Image


It just grew worse from there. Yura and Seungho received a package everyday, refusing to open them. It was G.O who took care of them, peeking inside to find from a dead crow to a dead rat, always shaking his head and throwing them in the outside dumpster. He felt watched, each time he stepped outside, his eyes always turning from side to side, making sure no one was around. But even when the coast was clear he couldn’t help but look back over his shoulder, always afraid something or someone might pop out.

He didn’t know how whoever was doing it had found out that Yura and Seungho weren’t opening the packages, but he certainly knew he wasn’t hallucinating about being watched two weeks later waking up to a loud scream. Joon, Thunder, and him rushed out of their beds, running towards Seungho’s and Mir’s room, slamming the door open to find a petrified Yura hidden in Seungho’s arms, their covers thrown on the floor.

“How, how, how,” She muttered against his shirt. “How did they get in?”

He shook his head, pulling her closer against him, burying his face in her hair. G.O walked over, looking at Mir who was wrapped in his covers, staring downwards at the floor, his fists shaking. He wouldn’t have noticed if Mir’s eyes hadn’t let to what he was staring at, his fingers pulling at Yura’s and Seungho’s bed sheets, only to find a dead red fox lying on the floor. It’s legs had been cut off, as well as its eyes. G.O had to gulp back stomach acid.

Things were just getting worse and he feared what would come next.


Image


They installed cameras everywhere. Little video cameras at every corner of every room, at every window, at every crevice in the house. Anywhere where someone could enter, it was being watched. They hired two bodyguards aside from their managers to watch over them every hour of the day. They changed every lock in the house and added even more locks, they postponed big events including their comeback, but primarily, they helped Yura pack all her clothes and personal things for her to move in with them. Seungho refused to let her stay alone in her officetel. Everyone agreed.

G.O felt an incredible amount of pity for both Seungho and Yura. He was scared just like everyone else in the house but his fear couldn’t compare to the one of his friends. The leader stuck to his girl like glue, going everywhere she went even if it was just around the house. His hand was always connected with hers, his eyes always watching. It was almost as if they had been together for their entire lives. Like they had been born only to meet each other one fateful day. And in times like those, it was almost like the entire world was invisible to them, aside from each other.

Seungho had it hard.

But it was Yura who was tortured.

Despite the fact that cameras were installed in every single place in the house, the only thing they could ever capture were black blurs. No faces or bodies. Just simple blurs. How these blurs even managed to get inside the house was a mystery. But each time the house emptied, they would find a little gift from their assailants waiting for them inside. It was Yura who always seemed to discover them.

It started out with her clothes. One day when returning from work, Yura peered in the closet she shared with Mir and Seungho only to find every single one of her shirts, pants, and dressed ripped and covered in blood. Pinned to a shirt was a little card with the word ‘whore’ written on it.

From there it went to her shoes. As she slipped on her boots to go to work they all rushed to her aid when they heard her cuss. As she slipped out her foot, blood seeped out of her sock. Stuck to it were little thumbtacks, at least ten. Seungho had to carry her to the car, rushing her to the emergency room to have them taken out. G.O went with them, sitting in the back with Yura, her feet lying on his lap, a towel underneath for the blood to stain. When he told her she could cry she firmly shook her head, biting her bottom lip and rubbing her eyes.

“No. I refuse to let them see me cry. I refuse to let them win.”

His respect for Yura grew.

But it didn’t matter that she refused to cry to the assailants. They weren’t out for that. They were out to make her wish she was dead.

One night when Yura was taking a shower they heard a scream. Seungho had to kick the door open, one hand pushing the curtain open while the other grabbed a towel for her to cover herself. Her hands gripped to his t-shirt as he carried her out, asking what had happened. G.O didn’t have to follow along to notice Yura’s shampoo bottle lying on the floor, the cap off. Trying to swim away from the water was a mix of red ants and spiders.

Yura grew afraid. Not of the people doing such things to her, but of the house she lived in. Nothing of hers was ever safe. When looking through her purse she found a small snake inside. When drinking out of a bottle of Coke she spat out blood, little needles swimming in the drink. She stopped eating when she found worms in her food.

Yura just stopped.


Image


“Don’t stop.” Chan cried, her fingernails almost cutting into her skin. Her body was shaking, her eyes staring straight into G.O’s. “Don’t stop.”

He took a gulp of his already cold coffee, shaking his head. “What come’s next is probably the worst part in the story.”

“It got worse?” Her bottom lip shook. Of course it got worse.

“Worse doesn’t even begin to cut it.”

He remembered just how much Seungho begged her not to go to work that day. It was one of the only days he couldn’t accompany her because of a radio interview he simply couldn’t cancel. He begged his manager to cancel it, but nothing could be done. If he skipped it, his reputation would be horribly scarred. G.O remembered how kind Yura’s smile was, her fingers brushing against Seungho’s cheek, telling him it would be okay. They hadn’t received any dead animals lately, she hadn’t found any tacks in her shoes and although a part of her was frightened, she knew that if she skipped work again that day she might lose her job, one that she actually really liked.

He had to let her go. They rode together, G.O accompanying Seungho to the interview which they had, dropping off Yura at the building they worked at. He felt a pang of sadness for his leader as he gave her a kiss goodbye, his hand leaving hers as she walked towards the door and disappeared inside. His eyes stared out the window even as they drove off.

A part of him really feared for her safety. She might not’ve been his girlfriend, but she had become a close friend. An almost sister-like figure. Growing up with two elder sisters he had never really had a little sister to take care of. And he loved the fact he could treat Yura that way.

He could only hope that the attacks had seized for good.