Status: on-going.

Entres Nous

XXV.

“We were all very surprised when we heard that MBLAQ had postponed their comeback.” The male MC said, turning towards Seungho. “We were looking forward to an exciting comeback from you.”

“We are working as hard as we can to get back on track with our comeback.” He answered, as respectfully as he could. G.O toyed with the wire of his headphones. Seungho lied of course. They had been practicing, but not as rigorously as was expected of them. But how could they when they didn’t know just who was watching? “We’ve had a lot of things to deal with lately, that’s why we postponed it. But it shouldn’t be long until we set a date.”

“What kind of things?”

Seungho cleared his throat. “Personal things.”

The MC nodded. “Ah, I see.”

“I’ve heard a certain rumor though.” The female MC tapped his papers, giving Seungho a smile. “I’ve heard that the leader of MBLAQ’s got a girlfriend.”

Everyone aww’ed, looking at each other. Seungho licked his lips, letting out a sigh and a smile. “That isn’t a rumor.” G.O shot him a look. He wasn’t. He wouldn’t dare. “That is actually... the truth.”

He could hardly believe what the leader had said to the entire nation of South Korea. The conservative leader who hated making a scene had now shocked every fan out there. He could almost see the tabloid titles flashing through his head.

“We’ve been dating for a couple months now. She makes me very happy.” He continued.

“What is her name? Is she an idol as well?” The male MC’s eyes glistened with the brand new information.

“I won’t say her name, but she isn’t.” He shook his head. “She’s a regular girl.”

“I am surprised, it is very unlike you to tell this on national radio.” The female MC smiled. “You’re more of a strong, quiet-type of leader who wouldn’t reveal things like this. Why did you decide to tell us?”

“You see, lately, my girlfriend and I have been dealing with a lot. We don’t know how it got out, but certain people have been harassing her as well as myself. We’ve been getting hate mail and horrible gifts. We’ve arrived to her place only to find her all her clothes ripped and covered in blood. At one point they placed thumbtacks in her shoes. It’s been like this nonstop and it’s the reason we have postponed so many activities.” He didn’t stutter as the MCs shook their heads in honest pity.

“Our lives have been turned upside down simply because we decided the start dating. But not once has my girlfriend cried. Her strength is admirable. So I wanted to let everyone know, including our attackers that we are not afraid. Whatever you shoot at us, we will not separate. You can keep trying, but you won’t pull us apart. We aren’t afraid.”

G.O nodded along. He wasn’t lying. They weren’t afraid. None of them were.

No.

They were fucking terrified.

Image


When they arrived back at the building and saw two cop cars parked in front Seungho didn’t even wait for the van to break as he jumped out the door, running towards the front of the building. G.O ran after him as soon as the manager slowed down, telling him to go while he parked the car. When he got inside, he ran towards the front desk, asking the girls what had happened. His leader was nowhere in sight.

“We don’t know.” A girl shook her head. “One second we were answering phone calls like we do every night and the next we heard a scream. We ran to see what had happened, but the eldest coordi noona shooed us away and told us to call the police.”

He thanked them, ignoring the commotion and pushing through the people that were gathered in the halls. The police held them back, telling them to go back to work while they figured something out. He eyes peeked over, his toes tippy-toeing as he spied his leader standing in front of a room closed out by yellow tape, staring straight inside. G.O’s hand extended forward, touching his shoulder, Seungho flinching underneath his grasp. His face was pale, his eyes wide as he looked over at his friend. “It’s my fault.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I shouldn’t have... I should’ve stayed with her. It’s my fault.” He fell to his knees, his fists slamming against the floor. “Fuck! Fuck, it’s all my fault.”

G.O shook his head. “What happened?”

Seungho didn’t reply. Instead he raised up his arm, pointing straight into the room. G.O followed his finger, his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness before him until he finally saw it. His lips parted, his eyes casted downwards. He had known it wasn’t over, but he didn’t know how to bring it up. He had felt it in his heart that things were just going to get worse. He should’ve said something, he should’ve warned them. But a part of him knew that they had known all along and that the smiles they pulled on their lips were simply fake.

Written across the walls in what he guessed was blood were the words he was sure Seungho would never forget.

‘We warned you, but you didn’t listen. So now, we will be the ones to end it once and for all.’
♠ ♠ ♠
well gosh this was short. hm.