Status: on-going.

Entres Nous

XXVI.

The blood on the wall tested out to be Yura’s.

G.O had never seen his leader more frightened in his life than he did at that moment.

Police asked them questions for hours to no end. They asked when had the strange letters had started. They asked when the strange boxes full of animal guts had began. They asked just about everything they could possibly conjure, leaving every single member exhausted and in need of at least fifteen hours of sleep. But when their head hit their beds none of them could close their eyes for more than a few seconds before shooting them open.

Two days passed and they started receiving little gifts which they immediately took to the police. In the morning it was another red envelope neatly placed on their coffee table, inside it, folded neatly on a paper was what appeared to be a small chunk of Yura’s hair.

In the afternoon, lying on top of Seungho’s bed was a box wrapped in a bright red ribbon, inside it, the clothes Yura had worn the day she disappeared, completely torn and covered in both blood and disgustingly enough, semen.

Finally when night came and the entire building had been covered by cops and there was no way anyone could possibly break in without being noticed they all jumped in their beds when they heard a loud bang against the window in Seungho’s room. Mir let out a high-pitched scream as they all stared, their eyes wide as what looked as a woman with red hair hanging naked by her feet, her hands shoulders scratching at the window. When the police took it down it was simply a mannequin with a wig. But when they inspected its back, written in Yura’s blood were the words, ‘just kidding’ like it was the funniest joke on planet Earth. They didn’t receive anymore gifts after that.

They cancelled all of their activities. None of them left the house. They grew quiet, the only sound ever produced was from someone switching on the TV in the living room. No one laughed. They were all too busy praying to every powerful being out there that Yura was still alive.

Three days after that, they received unexpected news, but not from the police. It was G.O who had found it taped to the TV. He didn’t bother removing it before calling everyone in the house to the living room, his eyes staring straight at the red letter, unblinking. Seungho was the one who ripped it away from the screen, his fingers shaking as they ripped off the glue from the top fold.

It wasn’t a letter he found though.

He slipped out pictures, dozens of them falling to the floor as he covered his eyes, his head shaking as he finally let himself feel all the sorrow of the entire world. At first G.O couldn’t tell what was going on in them, bending down to pick each one at a time. But when he scanned them his mouth hung open, his hands forming into fists as he let them drop to the ground. The boys had to look away from the sight.

In every picture Yura was completely naked, her body strapped around with ropes, her eyes covered with a blindfold. In every picture there were at least four men, pants down, their things shaking all over her, sticking and probing. In every picture Yura was being brutally raped in the ugliest of forms, blood pouring from abdomen, the word slut carved in with a knife. In every picture, Yura’s face was red and tear-stained.

‘They should’ve killed her,’ G.O thought.

It would’ve been a lot more merciful than letting her experience that alive.

Image


They found her a day later, her body lying in between dumpsters, completely nude. A little old lady was the one who had called the police, draping her coat over the girl’s body, holding her head against her chest until they came. She said Yura reminded her of the daughter she had lost in a car accident. She said that all while she held her she prayed she would live.

Seungho practically flew to the car the moment he got the phone call, his foot hitting the gas so fast he almost banged his head against the window. G.O and the other followed behind in the manager’s van, sitting in silence, their fingers digging into their seat. They rushed inside the hospital, Seungho waiting by the entrance, his eyes wild with shock as he held his phone in his shaking hand. “I can’t go inside.”

“What are you talking about?” G.O pulled his arm. “Let’s go.”

“No, I can’t.” He shook his head. “I can’t face her.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” G.O growled. “You said you would protect her, that you would do everything in your power to protect her. That nothing would stop you. And now you’re stopping yourself at the most critical point in your relationship?”

Seungho didn’t say a word, his eyes staring at his shoes.

“Do what you want.” He was growing annoyed at his leader. “I don’t care. We’re going inside. And if you really love her as much as you say you do, you’ll come with us.”

He knew he shouldn’t have been so rude towards him, he was still in shock with everything that had just occurred. His mind couldn’t process and he was sure he was afraid to see what was left of his girl. He shouldn’t have said that. But Seungho shouldn’t have hesitated either. He shouldn’t have stopped himself from barging into the ER to hold her hand. He shouldn’t have.

They walked inside, their hands slamming against the front counter, G.O speaking for all of them. “Excuse me, but we’re looking for Yura Hahn. She was admitted today.”

The nurses glanced at each other, giving him a sad reply. “Oh, that girl. She’s currently in the ICU, there are no visitors allowed in there unless they are family members.”

“I’m her older brother.” He responded. “Adopted older brother.”

“And I’m her fiance.” Thunder spoke up, leaning against the counter.

The nurse gave them a skeptical look before nodding, standing up and pointing toward the left. “Only her “brother” can go in, sorry.”

G.O gave Thunder a quick nod, moving his fingers as if he were texting on a phone, his feet walking backwards. “I’ll tell you everything when I get there.”

“Tell her we’re all here for her.” He called out, stepping back to join the rest of the boys. “Including the idiot of Seungho.”

He shook his head at Thunder’s final words, turning back and walking straight to where the nurse pointed at. He could only hope Seungho would man up, lie to the nurse, and come visit his girlfriend as well.

Image


When he saw her, she was in a state Yura would first die before being seen in. If she hated being seeing without make-up she would pray to God the earth swallowed her after she realized just exactly how she looked. Her face was pale, her eyes smeared with eyeliner and mascara, her lips as white as a ghost. Breathing tubes went up her nose and wrapped around ears, her messy, dirty hair pulled back behind her ears. Her arms lied by her sides, gauze wrapped from wrists all the way up her forearms, a needle connected to the IV pricked into her hand.

His fingers wrapped around her hand, squeezing it. “Yura, what the hell did they do to you...”

He turned his head when he heard a knock on the door. An old doctor stood by the entrance, his arm holding a chart. He looked confused, almost a little taken back by the boy, his shoes tapping against the floor. “Are you a family member?”

“Yeah I’m her older brother.” G.O replied. “I’m adopted.”

“I see.” The man walked over towards him, giving him a short bow. “Your sister is very strong and very lucky to be alive.” His index finger traced her forearm. “When she arrived she was in a horrible state. She is very fortunate to have survived everything she went through.”

“Is she going to be okay?” He frowned, pulling the chair next to the bed closer towards Yura as he sat down.

“Thankfully, we believe she is. She received over thirty cuts in each arm. She received over sixty in each thigh. Her abdomen received very bad injuries as well. It was most likely she put up a good fight, her knuckles and knees are very bruised. Her head was most likely slammed against something hard. Her feet were sliced as well, I believe as a way for her not to run away. She wasn’t fed or given a drop of water for days. We’re certain she was also...” He paused, glancing at G.O. He already knew what the doctor was going to say, but he might as well hear it. He wasn’t afraid.

“It’s okay. You can say it.” He muttered in response.

“We’re certain your sister was as well numerously raped.” The doctor cleared his throat.

G.O’s grip tightened around Yura’s hand. “How long will she be at the hospital?”

“We’re not sure. She’s been unconscious since she arrived. We probably have to keep her here for at least a week, just to make sure everything’s okay.” The doctor nodded to himself. “As far as we know she has no brain damage or broken bones. It’s a miracle she also had no internal bleeding, from all the bruises near her stomach. An angel was surely watching over your sister.”

He smiled. “Thank God.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm blessed.
I know.