Status: Being rewritten. Active. Updates will be slow.

We'll Grieve Together.

Letters and Graveyards

Dear Fred,

I feel pretty dumb right now, but your mum thought it might be a good idea to write you a letter so here I am in the kitchen writing you a letter. One I know you'll never read or respond to, but nevertheless, I agreed to give it a try. So here I go.

Merlin, it's been awhile since you died and so much has changed. Not just for me but for all of us. But at the same time sometimes it doesn't feel like you're gone at all, sometimes it just feels like you're just taking a really long trip to see Charlie or something and that you’ll be back before I know it holding me in your arms again. I still see your mum all the time. Nearly every day actually. Mostly because if I don't show up for afternoon tea then she comes over to check on me, make sure I'm okay and all. I think she can tell that I'm not really okay. Mother's intuition or whatever. Then again, I've made myself pretty scarce since you died. I want to be okay, really I do. But it’s just so hard.

Anyways, the joke shop's still up and running. Business isn't really booming or anything but well, at least, it's running. And I do what I can to help. Usually, if I can't make it in Ron will help out, though he just doesn't understand the jokes like you did. He's doing pretty well, though. I bet if you were here you'd be really proud of him. He got an invitation to become an Auror from Shacklebolt himself. It was a big deal when he announced it at dinner. Oh and well, he and Hermione are still together. You know they're engaged now. It's really nice to see them together, they make one another happy and I don't think there's much else to ask for from a relationship.

Ginny's doing great too. Still can't believe she's part of the Hollyhead Harpies. She's really good, George actually drug me to one of her games not to long ago and it was amazing. She misses you a lot too ya know. Like just the other day, she stopped by to see me and we talked for a while. She was mostly stopping in to see if I was okay. But I wanted to make sure she was okay too. I mean she was your little sister, and I could kind of tell she needed someone to talk to. I’d never known that you were so close to her.

Heavens, it’s just so hard to go on every single day without you. It’s hard knowing that you’re gone and not coming back. It’s hard to see George’s face without my heart breaking, it’s hard to think about moving on when we didn’t even get a real chance together. And it’s just hard to be happy when I’m so damn sad.

I know that I need to let go. I need to move on with my life, but honestly I don’t know if that will ever be possible. I mean how am I supposed to let you go when you’re the only person I’ve ever loved, the only person I ever want to love. You were the one I wanted everything with. A family, a marriage, a happy ending. We had so much planned, so many things to look forward to together, and I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to want that with someone else. But I know that I can’t go on like this either because it’s killing me. Everyday kills me a little more on the inside really and I hate it. I just want you to come home. I know you can’t though and it sucks.

I miss you a lot Fred. And no matter what I’m always going to love you.

Love Aalina


Aalina wiped away her tears when she was finished writing her letter then folded up the parchment and slipped it into the envelope and sealed it. She stood up and went to grab her jacket and umbrella then apparated to the graveyard. She didn't come often, just because it still pained her to see the tombstone with his name forever engraved in the stone. Though she did feel like every time she did show up at the graveyard it was raining, almost like the heavens were just as sad he was gone as she was.

But today there was something calling her there, and she of course had the letter she wanted to place with him, even if he couldn't read it, or even open it, she still felt the needed to put it with him. Aside from the letter though there was something telling her today was the day to visit him, it was almost as if there were a greater force pulling her to the graveyard. Finally, after she stood for a moment staring at the tombstone she closed her eyes and kissed the letter before placing it on his grave then whispering a small enchantment so the letter was sucked into the ground next to him forever.

"Same idea it would seem," Aalina heard a voice say from behind her, she knew who it was. George.

"You wrote him a letter too?" She asked her back still to the twin, tears in her eyes again.

"Yea, mum thought it would be a good idea, and might help with all the emotions I'm feeling over my lost twin," he told her, his own voice cracking as he spoke.

Aalina turned to him and let all her emotions free. "I miss him so much Georgie," she whispered through her tears and dropped the umbrella then wrapped her arms around the much taller than she was redhead.

"I know. I do too," George whispered and kissed her head. "But we both know he wouldn't want this, us wasting away and grieving over him. Actually, he told me before he died that if anything were to happen to him he wanted me to take care of you," George told her as he rubbed her back, somehow feeling a slight bit of comfort being here with her.

Maybe it was because she was going through the same thing he was. Really why he felt this sudden comfort wasn't important, he was just glad to have someone who knew how he felt, sure she hadn't lost a twin or a brother.

But she knew how he felt since well she was probably as close to his twin as he was, only in a much different way. And he knew his family was upset about it, but there was just something about how he and Aalina felt about losing Fred that was different than how everyone else felt, which put his nerves on never having anyone to talk to that understood how he felt at ease.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are just a few things I want everyone who reads the story, and the authors note's to know.

1. Thank you so very much for reading my story. It means a lot that you've taken the time to read it.
2. This is a story I got an idea for and started 3 years ago, but I've decided to re-write it. There aren't going to be a lot of changes made, just a few things here and there.
3. And lastly, a big thank you to everyone who commented before I rebooted this story 3 years ago. Even if some of them haven't been on in forever.

Anyways I really hope anyone reading enjoys the story!

Well let me know what you guys think!