Guess I'll Be the One, Hanging Onto Us

01

I'll call you okay?

I stared blankly at my phone, which remained that content black screen. I pressed the Menu button and there was no sign of a phone call, a voice mail, or even a text message. I heaved a heavy sigh and dropped my phone on the floor. It's already been a week since Summer started and Garrett failed to keep his promise.

I wasn't being clingy, I just didn't like how people say that they're going to do something, but they don't' end up doing anything. To make a long story short, Garrett brought my hopes up then dropped them again.

I jumped on my chair and swiveled over to my desk. Facebook was open up on my laptop and Garrett's was still online. Last time, I checked Facebook, he was online half an hour ago. I stared at his icon, which was a picture of him doing a Rock on sign. He would've at least I.Med me and said he was sorry for not calling or even just strike up a chat.

I clicked his name and a blank I.M chat came up. I cracked and stretched my fingers, placing them on the keyboard. I bit my lip, What could I write? I never made the first move, because I was just too shy. Would he be annoyed? What if he decides to ignore me? What if he goes offline just as I'm about to do something.

“Jesus, I'm too paranoid.” I cursed under my breath, closing the I.M. I looked back at the box and saw that Garrett was no longer online.

I knew it! He was on Facebook and I'm pretty sure he saw my name in the box. He didn't even have the decency to even talk to me. I let out a loud groan and flopped back on my bed. What happened to us? It was so strange to not talk to Garrett for a day. Even though we were now Ex's, we still remained the best of friends, with you know, secret feelings for each other.

I got up again and walked over to my computer. Maybe I'll just send him a message and he can reply to it later. Before I can open up a new message, a particular status caught my attention on the top news feed. Garrett was tagged in about ten pictures today. Shamelessly, I clicked on a picture. There was nothing wrong with me wondering what was he doing with his summer. You know, the excuse why he didn't promise to keep in touch with me?

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. Garrett was seated at a marble bench of a large fountain, grinning widely. A blonde hair girl was seated next to him, a similar grin on her face. Who was that? I don't think I've seen her before at my school. She does look our age though. I frowned and clicked the next picture where they were now pressing shoulders, smiling with teeth. I stared longingly at that smile. I don't think he's smiled that wide around me before.

Tears started brimming my eyes and I looked at the name who tagged him.

Sky Goodmen.

XXX

Garrett Nickelsen scanned the numerous amounts of shelves in front of him, unsatisfied with every spin e and font he saw. He let out a huge groan and went around to the next shelves, his eyes darting back and forth for the perfect tale. He was so into his search that he didn't notice a girl, sneak up behind him and poke his shoulder, startling him.

“Oh god! You scared me!”

“I noticed,” She chuckled. “Do you need some help? You seem a bit frustrated.”

“Um....it's more of being frustrated with myself, rather than the store.” He ran a hand through his messy brown hair. “I'm looking for a present to give to my ex girlfriend.”

“Ohh, that doesn't sound so good.”

“No, it's nothing bad. It's just that I still um....” Garrett stared at his dirty brown shoes. “I still kinda like her....and I just wanted to get her something...special.” The worker stared at his embarrassed face and laughed.

“That's cute! Let's start off with the basics of finding a good present, what does she like?”

“That's the problem. I actually have no idea. I just know that she likes to read!”

“You're a terrible boyfriend. You don't even remember what she likes? It's no wonder she decides to break up with you.”

“Hey!” Garrett snapped. “That's personal! And it's not because of that.”

The worker looked completely taken back as she raised an eyebrow. Garrett realized what he did and looked at her with remorse. “S-Sorry. I don't' think I can tell random strangers about my business.”

“That's okay, I understand.”

The two stared at each other for quite some time. Garrett finally paid attention to her looks and was genuinely surprised and pleased what he saw. She had long blonde hair, with bangs swept to the side. Unlike Garrett's almost-teal like eyes, her eyes were the color of the ocean. Her pink lips were pressed together, making her heart shaped face incredibly adorable. Garrett did a light blush, hoping she didn't notice him biting his lower lip.

“I...um....” This cute girl was making him very nervous now. “She likes zombies, I recall now.”

“Really? That's awesome! Zombies are sick!”

“Yes! Another zombie lover!” He held his hand in the air and she smacked a high five. “What's your favorite Zombie movie? Mine has got to be Zombie!”

“One of my favorites of all time! Favorite scene?”

“Definitely with the shark vs Zombie. Priceless!”

“Did we just become best friends!?” She cried, quoting Step Brothers.

“Yup!”

They looked at each other again and started laughing. “Come, I'll show you the shelf with my favorite zombie book in it. I'm pretty sure she'll love it.”

“Sounds great,” Garrett smiled, following closely behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget the chapter before this! :)

Sorry if it's boring so far, but there's a few things you have to understand. One, Angie's thoughts. It will always be in the future.
Two, the Garrett scene will always be the past and written in a 3rd POV.

I hope you can catch my drift. Thanks for reading <3