Status: Completed

The Perfect Date

Chapter 4

“HE’S HERE! SABRINA, HE’S HERE! HE. IS. HERE,” Ivy screams at me. I bet he can hear her through the door even if we’re nowhere near the door.

“Ivy, I see that. Just act cool, dork.”

“Okay, okay, okay. I think I have myself under control.” Sure she does.

I walk towards the door and my dog is barking. I tell him “doorbell” and he sits down and behaves like the good puppy he is.

“I’m coming!” I try to talk loud enough so he can hear but that I’m not yelling it. My stomach is in knots. And I think I’m about to pass out. Then I hear Ivy say something.

“What’d you say,” I ask towards the room she’s in.

“Nothing. Just saying, act cool Ivy. Act cool Sabrina.”

“Would you like to come on this date too? It sure sounds like you’re about to.”

“Okay, I’ll be quiet!” I bet she zipped her mouth shut and threw the key behind her. Ha.

I’m about to answer the door and I feel like I’m about to puke and I think to myself that he’s been standing out there for a while so I should open the door soon. I put my hand on the handle and brace myself so I don’t throw up.

“Hey,” I smile at him. “Come on in.”

“Thanks,” he smiles back. “You look great.”

“Thanks, you do too.” I know I’m blushing. He’s wearing a white V-neck, a black jacket, black skinny jeans, and high tops. “To tell you the truth, I’m at loss for words.” I slightly laugh and look down at my feet and look back up to see him smiling.

“Yeah, I am too. I’m kind of nervous and my hands are sweating. I can’t believe I just said that out loud.” He said he was nervous? Why?!?! I mean, he’s the famous one.

“You’re nervous? Why?”

“I don’t know. I just have the butterflies.” Aw, that’s adorable.

“Ivy, I know you’re listening.”

“What, what happened? I’m not listening. What made you think that? Wait if I wasn’t listening I wouldn’t have heard that. Dang it.” She started talking to herself, because that’s what she does. “Sorry! Hey Cody.”

“Hey Ivy.”

“HE KNOWS MY NAME!” And she ran off to tell my dog. You’ve got to love her.

“I’m so sorry about that.” I put my hand on my head. She’s the one to call if you want to be embarrassed.

“No, no. It’s fine,” he laughed.

“So what are the plans, Stan?”

“I was thinking that you would pick. Something like a dinner and a movie, or a walk in the park, or watching the sunset. Anything you’re up for.”

“How about, we take a walk to a park and have a picnic and watch the sunset. So we have some of those ideas in there.” I laugh like the loser I am. “Wow, I’m a dork.”

“No, it’s cute,” he blushes and touches my cheek. “It sounds like a great plan. Let’s go.”

“First we have to make the food. That’d be helpful for a picnic.” I turn around towards the kitchen and ask him what he would like to have.

“Um, anything’s fine really.”

“Cereal it is, because we have like, no food.”

“Sounds delightful,” he smiles. I feel super creepy because I know that he likes cereal and he doesn’t know one thing about me. I guess that’s what fans do though. I laugh to myself.

“Pardon,” he asks. Oops I didn’t know he would hear me laugh.

“Nothing, I was just laughing at my geeky-ness.” Ivy has been staring at us the whole time we walked into the kitchen. He’s at the other counter just leaning up against it. He can’t see her gawking at us, but I can. I get a text from her like two seconds later. It reads: “I CAN’T BELIEVE HE IS IN YOUR HOUSE!” Oh Ivy.

“Okay, I have everything packed. We should go soon so the milk doesn’t spoil.”

“Alright. Bye, Ivy.” He waves at her and winks. I guess he did see her goggling at us. Ha, oh Ivy.

He takes my hand as I grab the basket that everything is in. I wave bye to Ivy and she’s like so flipping happy and I have no idea why, she’s not going on the date. While all of this is happening I’m about to throw up with excitement. We’re heading out the door and he’s still holding my hand. Cody Simpson is holding my hand. Oh gosh, I might faint.

“So where is this park,” he asks me.

“Well we can either go to the park a block away which has a broken picnic table or we could go to the one the other way that’s about 4 blocks away which has a few broken picnic tables.”

“Which one is more secluded?” I understand why he wants that.

“The one with a few broken picnic tables. No one ever really goes that way.”

“Sounds like a plan.” We walk to the park, still holding hands. I see a few of my friends drive by waving and gawking and I get a few texts from them as well saying they want to know everything when I’m done smooching Cody. Got to love my friends. We get to the park a few minutes later and sit down at the least broken one. I take out the blanket to put on top of the table and I take out the bowls, the cereal, and the milk. We eat like dorks because we’re at a park eating cereal for dinner. I’m fine with that though.

We sit there talking for a while. I learn many things about him and I learn that we have a lot in common. We both like light blue, black, and white, our favorite number is 4, we both love dancing, swimming and golf. There are some other things as well. After we were talking for about 5 minutes or so after we found out all of these things about each other, he packs everything up, puts it in a tree like we’re in a forest or something, takes me by the hand and goes into the woods with me dragging behind him.

“Why are we going to a place with bugs? I don’t do well with bugs.” I really don’t.

“Something,” and as soon as he says this he pulls me close and we start slow dancing, to no music, in the woods with the sun setting.

“This is nice,” I say to him. He’s 4 inches taller than I am so I have my head on his chest. I can feel him smile. “If we want to catch the sunset, you better follow me.” We start walking, hand in hand again.

“Want to race,” he asks me.

“You don’t know where it is.”

“True, but I’ll ask for directions when I’m in front of you.”

“Oh no, you will be following me.” And I just start running. I can hear his footsteps not far behind me, so I run faster. He ends up following me the whole way. “You didn’t let me win, did you?”

“No, of course not,” he smiles.

“I know that’s true,” I smile back.

My favorite place to watch the sunset is this park that no one knows about, but it would take a while to get there and we wouldn’t have caught the sunset. So, we were at my second favorite place to watch the sunset. It’s under a bridge by the river. No one really ever goes here except to fish but it’s 9 at night, so no one is fishing.

“This is a nice place to watch the sunset,” he says.

“I know, but it’s not my favorite place.”

“Really? Where could there be a better place?”

“Well 1. The beach, which I live an hour and a half away from. 2. This little island thing that no one knows about, there’s some really good views over there.”

“We should’ve gone there.”

“We would’ve missed the sunset if we walked.”

“Maybe next time then.”

“Next time?”

“Yeah, of course. I had an amazing time so of course there would be a next time.” I looked over at him. He is so gorgeous. I can’t believe this is happening. Someone pinch me. He started to lean in. He is leaning in. I don’t think I’d be able to stay awake if he kissed me. But he’s going to and no way am I going to stop him. We kissed and sparks flew. He pulled away.

“Wow,” is all I could say.

“Sorry, I didn’t know if you wanted to or not.” SORRY?! Why would he be sorry? Oh my goodness. I can’t believe that just happened.

“No, that was perfect,” I looked over at him and smiled when I saw him blushing.

I scooted closer to him and he put his arm around me so I took that as an invite to lean into him and I felt him sigh so I moved away and looked at him.

“Something wrong,” I asked him. He looked kind of upset.

“Nothing, it’s nothing.”

“Something’s wrong,” I say again.

“Yeah, something’s wrong. It’s just that I’m on tour and I won’t get to see you as much as I would like. The only way that would happen is if you went on tour with me.”

“Well I will be here, in this same spot, so whenever you can you could come over.”

“Sabrina?”

“Yes?”

“Would you like to come on tour with me?”

“Uh, yeah! That’d be a blast. When does your tour end?”

“August 18th.” That’s just before I go into school. I could totally go on tour with him!

“Do you know where you will be around August 10th?”

“Actually, I’ll be around here somewhere. Why?”

“Volleyball tryouts, this… This… This works out perfectly.” I was in utter shock. “Are you sure you want ME to go on tour with you? I mean, that’s something huge.”

“If I wasn’t sure, I wouldn’t have asked you. So will you?”

“Yeah, of course. Well, I have to make sure that’d be okay.” I pulled out my phone to text my Mom. The text read: “So, I went on a date with Cody Simpson today and he asked me to go on tour with him. So can I go? PLEASE! This is like a once in a lifetime opportunity!” I can’t believe this is happening. “I should get a text soon. I can’t believe you asked me to go on tour with you.” He kissed me again. As soon as the kiss was over my phone buzzed. The text read: “Of course! This is great! OF COURSE!” I cannot believe this is happening. “She said yes!”

“Really?!”

“Yeah, really. I’m at loss for words.”

“So am I.” We kissed again and decided we should be heading back. He grabbed my hand and
took me back to the park so I could get my basket. Then we walked back to my house. He came inside for a few minutes and talked to Ivy. He told me he would call me tomorrow to come pick me up. I told him okay and I walked him to the door. Ivy was gawking again. I opened the door for him and he pulled me close into a hug and gave me a kiss afterwards.

“This was the perfect first date,” I told him.

“I couldn’t agree more.” He hugged me again.

“See you tomorrow,” I gave him a smile. He smiled back. Then he was walking to the car he came in and the date was over.

“Ivy, I can’t believe that just happened.”

“Tell me everything!” And that’s when I told her everything that had happened...
♠ ♠ ♠
There was only one reviewer for this story so sorry if there are screw-ups. This is the final chapter. Yes it was very short, but it was a dream it's not like it really happened. If only, if only... So, I hope you enjoyed it! Comment's would be greatly appreciated. Thank you everyone! <3 Sabrina.