Status: It's being written as we read.

Some Vows Must Be Broken

Introductions

"So... Mr. Greyson, why a small school in Jersey?" I look at him confused, "I mean, why teach here?" "Uh, it worked." "Excuse me?" I feel heat rise to my cheeks. "I mean, almost everyone I care about now lives around here. So why not get a job? One was up, which reminds me. Why would someone quit after one 3 weeks of being in session?" Gerard shakes his head, "Uh, he had a mid-life epiphany or something, which is weird because he was like 60 something." I laugh. "So.. Mr. Way how are the kids here? Not to bad I hope." he laughs. "Not as bad as when I went here, but some are still assholes. Hopefully now they be a bit better now thats theres another cool teacher besides myself." I raise an eyebrow "You openly say your cool? Modest I see." He rolls his eyes. "I complemented you too." I giggle. "I know I know, thanks I should get going though there are still things I need to do."
He smiles "Okay, uh one more question which lunch period do you have?" "Both, 4th is my planning period." he grins. "Good, it's mine too. I'll come into your room when 4th starts and show you were the teachers lounge is, tell you were the good lunch spots are around here, and not only who to talk to but also who to avoid." I smile. "Okay thanks, I'll see ya later." he smiles back before nodding and walking back down the hallway towards the last door on the right. Okay, Avery right now is the wrong time to be attracted to someone... no matter how attractive he is. Stop! I sigh before fiddling with my keys letting myself into the room. I flip on the lights before setting the box on my desk.
Going around the room I turn on the various lamps I had brought so I could turn off the over head ones, those just seemed so.. harsh and bright they made me feel like I was in prison. Now that I think about it.. It was pretty close to prison. I turn off the over head light and smile in sucess at the dimly lit room. I grab the type off my desk and the posters from my box, I had posters of older bands like Iron Maiden or The Beatles to newer bands like Alesana or There For Tomorrow.
Once I finshed I steped back and smiled at how kickass the room looked. Posters on the walls, comfty looking chairs and bean bags up against the walls. In the middle two rows of 4 long black tables(of which that holds two people) diagnolled inward with a space in the middle so people could walk through it, it looked much different from when I first saw it. The tables were straighted and the walls were bare and white, boring and plain. I also found out each class only held about 10 or 11 students, because of the lack of insturments. The Insturments were locked in the backroom, because their afraid the students would break them, with they way they were locked up I doubt the students hadn't even touched them yet.
I looked at my phone, 7:10. 10 minutes until class starts, meaning the teens were about to come. I take I deep breath mentally preparing myself before I had to.. teach. I mean, I know what I need to do but it's different than actually teaching. "Holy Shit!" my attention was pulled to the door where a guy was standing with a sort of afro thing. I smile, as more students started to arrive and gawk at the room. I stood up from my desk when the bell rang."Welcome to my cave of wonders." Suddenly all eyes were on me. "Who are you?" A girl with firey red hair said. I grin "I'm your new music teacher. Mr. Greyson, but you all have a problem with pronouncing that you can call me Mr. Grey. But under no reason can you call me Mr. G. That sounds fucking stupid." Some of them look suprised, even amused at my swearing, I roll my eyes.
"Now, lets get this straight, I do swear and I could care less if you do, as long as its isn't directed at me". A boy smirks. "And if we do?" I walk up to him. "I'll throw you the hell out of my room and fail your sorry ass." the class laughs. "Dude you could've seen that one coming." Says the boy with the afro. I go and sit on my desk before saying "Alright all of you up! In a line it's time for introductions. State your name, age, grade and what you can do musically. If you can't do anything, state something intresting about you." A girl raise her hand. "Yes miss." her cheeks pinken, I raise my eyebrow. "Uh could you do it first you know so we know what to do." I smile, "Certainly, I'm Avery Greyson, age 22 and I'm a Teacher. I can play the guitar, the piano, the violin, the cello, the bass stand up and guitar, as well as some brass and percussion instruments." I got some gawks. "Thats alot."
I nod, "Yes,it is now you in the front start." I pointed to a relatively short boy with brown hair down to his shoulders. "Hi, I'm uh Pat Kirch, I'm 15, a sophmore and I play the drums." I nod, "Drums are sweet, next." the boy standing standing to him was taller and his brown hair was shorter but, they were kind of the same in a sense. "I'm Garrett Nickelsen, I'm 16 and in the 11th grade. I play the bass guitar." I smile and nod before looking to the girl with firey red hair to his side. She smiled wide. "Hey! I'm Hayley Williams, I'm also 15 and a sophmore. I enjoy singing." I smile at her. "Don't think I won't hold that to you later in the year Miss Hailey." she nods as my eyes move the the dark haired boy next to her. "I'm Josh Farro, 17 and a Senior, I try to play the guitar." He puts strain on try and Hayley rolls her eyes. "Please, you know your amazing" He just grins at her.
My eyes trail over the next victim.. I mean student. I try to hold in my gasp as I take in a familiar face. "Fuck, Ashley." I curse under my breath, only he would sleep with a high school student. "Hi.. I'm Christian Coma, but I go by CC. I'm 18 and a Senior. I also play the drums." I nod as I sigh, with little relief at least he was of age, and he didn't seem to recognize me. I chuckle to myself why would he? His tongue was down Ashley's throat. My eyes flicker to the girl next to him, I nod telling her to speak. "Sierra Kusterbeck, Age 17, I'm in 12th grade and I also sing. I love how you've done up the room by the way." I smile, "A Duet may be in order. Oh and thank you Sierra, I hope you all like it.. It took me hours." "Really?" says the boy with the afro. "No, about 45 minutes maybe. As much as I'm dying to learn your name kid. I need to know the name of the mister whose giving sweet looks to Miss Sierra." The boy blushes. "I'm Blake Harnage, I'm 18 and Senior. I can sing and play guitar." I grin.
"Now we can have a singing party!" My eyes move to the afro kid, though he looked older than me.... hell many people that go to this school probably look older than me. "I"m Ray Toro, 17 and a Junior. I play guitar. By the way, I love your The Cure poster. Where did you get it? Cause I've never seen it around." I bite my lip. "I'm not sure where it is out here, I got that poster a while ago.. When I was still in highschool." "Oh" I look to the last and final boy, the one who asked about swearing earlier. "And who you are you?" "Brian Haner." He smirks. "But I go by Syn. And I am amazingly gifted guitar player." I nod. "You're also modest." He shakes his head. "No just confident." "I'm holding you to that. Now lets see. 4 for guitar, 3 for singing, 2 for drums, and sadly 1 for bass. 10 people, wait is there anyone missing?" Pat raises his hand. "Yes." "Uh, Rian isn't here sir." "Rian what? and do you know if he plays anything?" He nods "Dawson, and he plays the drums too."
I mentally start arranging the seats in my head. "Okay, at the first table is Hayley and Sierra. CC and Pat behind them, and tomorrow Rian will sit behind them. For this side I want Brian-" "Syn." I roll my eyes. "Syn and Blake in front. Josh and Ray behind them... and Garrett on your poor lonesome behind them." They all scurred into their seats like mice. "Good, as you may have noticed I sorted you into groups that share your abilities. This will help for our end of the year project, and don't ask me what it is because its a suprise.. granted you may not like it but eh what the hell." CC raised his hand. I nod at him."So what are we going to do now?" "Well, first off is our piano unit." Sierra raiseed her hand with a confused look. "But, with Mr. Besham we were learning how to read music." I chuckle. "Well, I kind of expected you all to know how to read music, but since the law stated I have to teach you I decided th piano was a simple and easy way to start." she just nodded looking still a bit confused, I sigh. " You learn the clefs and the basics notes. I don't expect you guys to turn into Bach or Mozart over night. Now I'll let you have the rest of the period to talk among yourselves." Then they started happliy chatting away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter up! :D