Status: NEW Active

City Of Nightmares

Pride and Joy

"Thank you Huntington! You fuckers were awesome!" Shads yelled as we walked off.

I gave my guitar to Jason and jumped when I heard Val bust into the room.

I looked over at her, feeling frightened by her.

She looked like she just came out of an insane asylum.

"Gates! You need to get off your ass and get the fuck out of here!" Val growled, pushing me out.
"Vallie, what's going on?" I asked.
"Arin. Labor. GO!" Val shoved me.

Oh, fuck.

I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could possibly go.

I would probably have a few speeding tickets in the mail tomorrow. I can feel it.

But I didn't care about that right now.

My baby was on the way.

Once I ran into the hospital, the doctors tried to grab me and hold me down.

"Fuckers! Let me the hell go! My wife is in labor, fuckturds!" I yelled.

Arin's Aunt saw me and explained to everyone who I was and they let me go.

I ran into Arin's room, a smile on my face as I saw her.

"You ready for this, Daddy Gates?" She asked.
"One hundred percent." I said, excited.

I was sent away to get ready for Arin's C section. When I came back for Arin, I got to see my baby be born.

Dude, I felt ready to pass out. But I was a tough man, and stuck through it.

Seeing and hearing my son cry out, then cutting his cord. It was unreal.

I took our son into my arms, such a tiny little guy. So tiny and yet he was mine. He was ours.

How could you love someone that you just met so much?

I smiled, pressing my lips to my son's forehead.

"Hey, babe? How about Zachary James Haner?" Arin suggested.
"I love it." I nodded, then looking back down at my son.

Zachary James Haner.

Named after my recently deceased best friend.

My band mate.

His uncle.

I bet Zack's proud of this, proud of us.

"Hey. Brian? We're wheeling her back up to the room, and she's got eight staples on her stomach. So be careful when you grab her." Arin's Aunt informed me.
"Okay." I said.

When Arin went to sleep. I took Zachary with me to the nursery. Grinning as he slept.

So innocent and pure to the world.

He was my pride and joy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment & Subscribe