A Handful of Moments, I Wished I Could Change

Keep Me On My Toes, Keep Me In The Know

I sat in a booth, across from my mom at a small, local restaurant. It had been a week since Alex left, and it was a lot harder having him gone than I thought it would be. I had around three weeks until he returned and that seemed far too long. I was a mess the first night. I curled up in bed, and my heart ached, especially hearing his voice over the phone. We just got together, and he was away for a month. I just wanted him home to start this family together, start building us up.

"So, you and Alex are really official now?" my mom asked as she sipped her water. I smiled and nodded, pushing a strand of hair behind my ears. "Yeah, we uh talked everything out, and got together the day he left for tour." I pushed around some of my fruit on my plate. My mom smiled at me, and shook her head. I raised my eyebrows and questioned her "What?" I asked innocently.
"Nothing, really Ariana. It's just I always knew you would end up together with him, I can't say I'm too happy about how it happened, or the whole sex, and baby before a marriage let alone relationship but I know he is good for you. I know you two can do this, and be great parents." I smiled at my mom, shocked at how well she was taking all of this. "So honestly, you don't think I'm a slut, or hate me now?" I asked her, sipping my iced tea. She let out a small laugh, "Hun, you are the furthest thing from a slut. I don't hate you either. Was I disappointed when you told me? Yes. But your dad and I talked, and we realize you aren't a little girl anymore. I wish you would have waited to give me grand kids, but I'm kinda thrilled" She admitted. "Thank you mom, for everything. Have you told Adam and Michelle yet?" I asked referring to my older brother, and his wife. She shook her head, "I figured that was up to you. Have you guys talked to the Gaskarth's.? I'm sure his sister and parents will want to know." She told me. I nodded. We had yet to tell his parent's. Things were hectic, and I wanted to be able to go tell them together. "They have a day off after the Baltimore show this Saturday, maybe we can tell them then" I suggested to my mom. She nodded. "When will you two find out the sex of the baby?" I smiled, and rested my hand on my bump. "The day after Alex gets home from tour. I cannot wait mom. Just three weeks til I find out who my baby is going to be!" I nearly squealed in excitement. My mom smiled at me and we continued our lunch together. I really was lucky to have such supportive people in my life.

I sat in my pajamas curled up in bed, watching America's Next Top Model, and eating peanut butter ice cream. It kinda seemed like an oxymoron. "Yeah, like you need to loose weight. Bitch" I muttered as some bitch complained about her appearance. My phone buzzed next to me, and I set my now empty bowl on the night stand, and answered my phone.

"Hey cutie" Alex's voice came out the phone speaker. A smile spread across my face, and I sat up a bit in bed, happy to hear his voice.
"Alex! How's tour?"
"Mm. It's great. The shows have been great, the kids are really getting into it. I've been playing a new song that I've been working on, it's going over well" I could practically hear the smile in his voice. I loved hearing him talk about tour. As much as I wanted him here with me, I knew that his job made him happy.
"New song? Why have I heard nothing of this?" I asked him. I was normally the first person he showed. I didn't even know he wrote a new song, I thought they had the final recording done, and songs picked for the new CD.
"Yeah, I wrote it the first few days of tour, and we added it in to the set. In fact on a stop we recorded it, sent it Squire and it's added to the album" He told me. He seemed so proud of this song, so why hadn't I heard it. "Oh.." was all I could manage to say, I wasn't sure what else to say.
"Ar, you'll hear it in a few days. Until then, promise me you won't watch live videos online. I want you to hear it for the first time Saturday. You can wait two days" He told me, laughing a bit. I smiled and nodded to myself. "I promise Lex. I cannot wait two days to see you. I miss you" I told him in a sincere voice. I traced random patterns on my belly.
"I miss you too. So much" he breathed. I bite my lip. "How are you feeling anyways? Is my little green bean treating you okay?" he asked happily. "He or she is fine, I still have a bit of morning sickness, and the hormones kinda suck but not too much trouble. I can honestly say I am not looking forward to getting any bigger. I already look like a whale." I mumbled the last part. I heard Alex sigh, I could pretty much picture him running his fingers through his hair. "Ariana, baby. You aren't a whale. You are perfect. I love you okay?" He told me. I sighed as well. "I love you too." I whispered.
"I know" he said jokingly.

I laughed and pushed some of my dark hair out of my face. "Do you think we can go see your parents your day off here. We can call your sister and have her come as well. I want to tell them, they are your family, they deserve to know. I haven't told my brother yet either.. I'm thinking of doing that soon." I was hoping he would agree. "You're right.. I'll talk to them about a barbeque that day. We can all go. The bands I'm with, your family, mine. We can tell everyone then. How does that sound?" he asked. I breathed out in relief. "It sounds perfect" I told him, yawning.
"You sound tired baby. Why don't you get some sleep. I'll talk to you tomorrow and see you Saturday. I love you, and green bean. Sweet dreams love" He told me. "See you soon. We love you too, Lex" with that I hung up the phone, and slid down under my covers.

I could not wait for this weekend. I wanted to see Alex, see them play live, hear that new song, and most importantly announce to everyone we love that we are expecting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I finally wrote a new chapter. I am trying really hard to get more ideas for my stories.
Especially this, and the Tony Perry one, which you guys should check out if you haven't already.
I would really appreciate some comments on this one, critical or not. I need some motivation. No more silent readers! haha
Thank you guys once again for sticking around and reading this story.
Sorry if this chapter kinda sucks, I'm doing my best.