Status: Officially on hiatus, guys. I have a new Marauders story, though. Check it out.

Let's Get These Teen Hearts Beating Faster

The Sixth Year Begins

Cami sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, ten minutes before she had to leave for King's Cross station.

She was wearing her signature jeans, flip flops, and her blue owl shirt. Oh, how she loved owls. She eve had one of her own. His name was Wighed. He was black, and had blue eyes. Perhaps that was why Sirius had gotten an owl necklace for last Christmas, which she was wearing at that very moment.

She sighed again. Cami had a feeling that this year was going to be different. Though good or bad, she couldn't tell.

In her opinion, it had already started off bad. Her boobs got bigger! She officially had cleavage. Cami had come to learn that boobs get in the way of the activities her and her fellow Marauders got up to.

She swept her strawberry blonde hair away from her eyes. Yep, that's right. No longer the color of dirty dishwater, but strawberry. The summer sun had done that, regretfully.

Cami didn't like looking so girly. She didn't wear makeup, she didn't need it. She always wore jeans when she wasn't wearing her uniform, too. And yet, boys were still interested.

Not that Cami minded that, but her guys did. And it always ended in conflict, such as James cursing the boy in question.

Cami only liked conflict when it came to pranking. Especially those bothersome Slytherins.

She sighed for the final time, and followed the sound of her mom's calling voice. Time to go to school.

In a short while later, she found herself standing in front of the Hogwarts Express. She had already bid goodbye to her parents, and was waiting for her friends to arrive.

Sirius and James would arrive together. They had owled Cami telling her of how Sirius, finally finished with his horrible family, had run away to James' house. James' parents, of course, welcomed him with open arms. That's just how his parents were.

"THERE'S MY FAVORITE GUIDO!" Cami heard before being hugged to the ground.

Guido was James' nickname for her, much to her dismay. Just because her dad was Italian American, she was the guido. Completely pushing aside that fact that her mother was British for goodness sakes.

"James! I missed ya kid! And don't call me that!" She replied, still on the ground. He sat her back on her feet.

"How was Italy? And look at you!" he exclaimed, looking her over. "My little Cami's all grown up!"

"Italy was good," she told him, referencing the visit to what her grandparents called 'The Old Country'. "But look what it did to my hair."

"You hair?" James asked. "Look what it did to your body!"

Cami rolled her eyes.

"My Nonna said it was all of the good Italian food they pumped me with. I say it was all the carbs in that goddamn pasta."

They both laughed.

"It's good to see you again Barky." he told Cami, reffering to the nicknames they had given each other after they had beome animagi. Lame, Cami knew, but oh well.

"So where are the rest of the guys?" Cami asked.

"Oh, they're already in the compartment."

"Cool, let's go,"

"Alright, my little Yankee-Limeyed-Guido. Let's go."

"So how was your summer, young Jamesie?" Cami asked him, putting her arm around his shoulder as they walked.

"Oh, you know, the usual. But with the added bonus of Padfoot being around the entire time. And Mooney and Wormtail came for a bit as well. The Marauders would've been complete if it weren't for you being off in the sodding Old Country."

She rolled my eyes. "First of all, it isn't sodding. Second off, you guys had all the male components, so quit your bloody complaining."

Cami always used British vernacular when she was annoyed.

"Cami. You know as well as I do that without our supply of estrogenic genius we are nothing."

"Oh yes, James, I know."

They had reached the compartment.

"Ready to show off your new hot bod' to the guys?"

Cami hit him and went in. "Ciao, fellas," she greeted.

"Hey Cami!" greeted Peter.

Remus and Sirius, however, were a little slow on the uptake.

"I told you," sang James, putting her trunk overhead and taking a seat next to his best friend in the world, Sirius Black.

"Stuff it, Jamesie Poo," Cami huffed, sitting down next to Remus opposite of James and Sirius. She turned to Moony. "Remus. Hello."

"Oh, er, Cami! Hi!" he hugged her. "It’s lovely to see you again. How was Italy?"

"Italian, carby, the usual," she replied, hugging Remus back. "How was your summer?"

"The usual, as well. I can see that that Italian sun worked on your hair a bit there." he commented.

"Yeah," Cami sighed, running her fingers through it. "But what can you do?"

She turned and looked at Sirius, who still seemed to be zoning out.

"Hello Siri-bear, how was your summer?"

"Eh? Oh, brilliant! Yeah, hi Cami. Summer, it was brilliant, yeah. James and me had lots of fun. And how was Italy for you, mate?"

"You would've known that if you weren't zoning for five minutes straight there Pads," she chucked. "It was good."

"Meet any handsome Italian lads?" James asked, smirking.

"None that weren't related to me," Cami replied, disgruntled.

The boys all looked at her.

"What?"

They just shook their heads.

The rest of the train ride consisted of talking and jokes, a couple of games of exploding snap, and the consummation of lots of candy. It really wasn't that different from that first train ride five years ago.

Before they knew it, they were at Hogwarts.

"Home sweet home," Peter sighed as they stepped out into the cool night air.

The Marauders nodded in agreement.

It wasn't long into their walking to the carriages when someone shoved past Cami.

"Oi!" Sirius called, enraged. "Watch where you're going! Bugger off."

It was Alex Flint. A very unattractive and generally unpleasant fellow. A Slytherin, no less.

"And what if I don't want to," said Flint stepping forward, "DeAnima's seemed to have developed quite nicely." He licked his lips and ran his fingers through Cami's hair.

Before the male Marauders could act, Flint was already on the ground, clutching his manhood.

"You bloodtraitor bitch!" he exclaimed.

"Ooh nice, I’ve never heard that one before," Silvie replied, and went to help Remus and Peter hold James and Sirius Black.

"C'mon kiddies. Feast! Who wants food? Huh? Food?" she said, trying to get them to calm down.

They slowly did as Flint hobbled away, still clutching his goods.

"Bloody brilliant as usual, Cami, but you should've let us handle it," James breathed.

Sirius nodded, still seething.

"Yes, but then you guy's would've either gotten detention or gone to Askaban before we even got into the school."

"Let's go guys, just forget about it," Remus added, and the five made their way to the carriages, and then up to the school.

"Good God how long is this going to take?" Sirius moaned, his head on the Gryffindor table.

The marauders were waiting for the sorting to get done so they could finally eat. It was taking a toll on the boys rather badly.

Well, all except James. His attention was diverted elsewhere.

"Hey Evans, how was your summer? Boring, yeah? Without me?"

"Go drown yourself James."

This was usually how it went.

Cami and Remus just looked at each other and rolled their eyes. They were used to it.

"Welcome, welcome, to another year at Hogwarts! I trust you all are ready to eat, so, buckle down, and enjoy!" Dumbledore announced.

The food appeared and the all made sounds of happiness.

"Yum," sighed Sirius contentedly.

There was little talking, as they all dug into their food, Cami included. Heck, on a good day, she could beat James in food intake.

An hour later and they were all stuffed. Sirius laid his head back on the table, and Cami started playing with his hair, a favorite pastime of hers.

Sirius sighed. It was a favorite pastime of his, as well.

Peter just lazily looked around the Great hall happily. He just enjoyed being around his friends.

It was James, however, who noticed something different. The look on Remus' face as he watched Cami play with Sirius' hair. The look on Cami's face as she played with Sirius' hair. The look on Sirius' face as his hair was played with.

James knew this year was going to be different. He just hoped it wouldn't tear them apart.

Dumbledore soon called for the students to be dismissed, and the Marauders slowly stood up.

"Wait, James, what about the beginning of the year prank?" Cami asked him.

James eyes lit up. He almost forgot.

"This is why we keep you around, Barky," Sirius smiled, putting his arm around her as they walked.

"What I'm still trying to figure out, is why we keep you, Pads." She chucked.

"Hey! You keep me because I am handsome, cunning, intelligent, clever, and handsome." He wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, kid," And she skipped slightly ahead to link arms with Remus.

"Ello, Moony."

"Ello, Barky."

"Enough chitchat! I've got an idea for the prank!"

That Marauders' attention snapped to James as they kept walking.

"We dye a Slytherin's body Gryffindor colors! Eh, eh?"

Cami personally thought it was a bit weak, but didn't say anything. They were all tired anyway.

"But who?" asked Peter.

"Alex Flint." James told him.

"Good idea, Prongs," Sirius commended.

"We shall do it tommorow morning!"

And that was that.

After arriving at the Gryffindor tower and giving the password (Felix Felicis), they all crashed in the furniture, their usual spots.

James took the laziboy, Peter the beanbag chair, Remus the rocking chair, and Cami and Sirius the couch.

"Ahh," Cami sighed, as she stretched out over Sirius.

He didn't mind.

Just then, Lily Evans came in, accompanied with her posse, as well as Cami's other roomates.

"Cami! You should come up now! We're gonna do each other's hair and makeup and then just talk! It'll be fun!"

"Go out with me Evans?"

"No James."

Cami cringed. She was allergic to that type of girly nonsense.

"Sorry, Lils. I promised the guys I would hang out with them. So we'll be doing some stuff. Probably be up a little late. Sorry." Cami lied. She knew that perfect Lily the prefect wouldn't be too happy with her if she told the truth.

"Oh, that's too bad," said Lily sympathetically, then proceeded to go up the the girls dorms.

"I wasn't aware that you promised to hang out with us," said Remus curiously.

"Well, I certainly wasn't going to go up and do that crap. I'm crashing with you guys, tonight, by the way."

"Okay," said James and Peter.

Remus and Sirius, however, were too happy to say anything.

They kept that to themselves, of course.

Cami yawned. "Can we go up now? We do have classes in the morning."

The boys agreed and they all headed up, but Cami ran like lighting to her dorm to put on her pj's quicky, then returned to the boys' dorm. She was wearing the pajamas the boys had got her as a, well, Cami didn't really know what they were for. But they gave them to her at the end of the year last year. When she got into the room, the guys were already in just their boxers.

"Nice Pj's, Cams," James smirked.

Peter smiled.

Remus and Sirius both gulped.

"Thanks," she said. "these guys got them for me last year all randomly for some reason."

Sirus shrugged. "We saw them at Hoogsmeade and they sort of screamed you."

"Well," Cami said, grabbing an extra pillow and blanket from the closet, "They are very nice. Thanks guys." And she plopped onto the floor, and laid down.

"Why are you down there?" James asked.

"Uh, to sleep." Cami replied in a 'duh' tone.

"You can't sleep on the ground! Get up here!"

Cami sat up. "I didn't want to impose."

Sirius rolled his eyes. "You can sleep with me. Well, er, in my bed. With me."

Cami raised her eyebrows. "And just how many girls have you had in that bed?"

Sirius smirked. "We always go to their dorms. This here is sacred grounds."

The rest of the marauders collectively rolled their eyes, and Cami got into Sirius' bed. They had shared, before, but that was way back in second year.

Cami sighed. "Goodnight Sirius. Night James! Night Peter! NIght Remus!"

"Night Cami!"

It was silent for a little while.

"Sirius mate, are you as uncomfortable as I am right now?"

"Almost, James, almost."

"And why would that be?" Cami asked in the darkness.

Remus sighed. "Sirius and James usually find it necessary to sleep in the nude."

"Well. Thank you for being courteous to a lady, and keeping your pants on."

"A lady? Ow!"

"Goodnight boys."

"Goodnight Cami."

♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting! Do it again!