The Lost get found

One.

The first thing she heard was the quiet rumble of an old engine in the wind. It spooked her because she didn't even know a road was near where she lay, here among the trees, this far out into the mountains. She only came here to mourn his death. To listen to the small stream that fights its way down through the rocks and cracks of the mountain.

As she got to her feet, the car that seemed miles away appeared onto the small clearing. Stopping dead in its tracks, causing dirt to unsettle. All she could see was a dark figure sat in the drivers seat, and he was moving. As the car door opened she slowly, yet cautiously took a step back, getting ready to run if any danger was brought upon her.

The slam of the car door made her jump, causing her to grasp a hold of her bag that she held on to for dear life.

"Wh-who are you?" she stammered, squaring her shoulders, trying not to show fear- this failed.

The sun was rested directly behind the dark figures head, causing her to not make out a figure. All she could see was working men boots and dark jeans. The odds of defeating a female were for her but now she knew he was a male, her little hope was some how loss.

"Annabeth?" He murmured, taking a step forward and into her view.

She fell to the floor with a sob. The screams of sadness echoed through the mountains. He quickly glided forward and grasped her hand, pulling her to her feet and into his arms. His arms held her tight, as if this was the first time they had ever touched.

Annabeth was looking into the eyes of the man she loved. So beautiful - everything about his smooth, pale skin, his perfectly sculptured cheek bones, his high forehead rising to thick long golden hair, the lightness of his eyes, his smiling mouth. And his body that was so close to hers- the breadth of his shoulders, his muscled arms, the strong curve of his chest.

With a gasp and a small sob, she raised her hand and caressed his beautifully pale skin. She was cautious, afraid that if she touched him he might disappear, instead, his smile grew into a grin.

"H-" she didn't have chance to say any words, instead his lips were on hers and neither of them were pulling free. Her hand rose to the nape of his neck, pulling him closer to her and his hand rested upon the small of her back.

As he pulled away her body sighed, Again, again! She didn't care that he shouldn't be there. She didn't care that she was probably dreaming; that this was impossible. She didn't care that any moment now she could wake up. His kiss was all she wanted. Nothing else mattered, lips to lips, shared breaths, seeing him up close and blurred through half shut eyes made her realize that it's been too long. She wanted the real thing, not just the dream.

He pulled her closer to him; his body resting upon the bonnet of the car, her body resting upon his. He kissed her harder. She went headlong with the surge of love, it was strong and more dangerous then the surge of any mountain stream.

"What did I do to deserve this?" he whispered against her lips, for a moment she was puzzled and wanted to move away but she couldn't, she was some how froze. "I mean you, Annabeth. What did I do to deserve you? My beautiful Annabeth." His thumb traced along her bottom lip.

“Charlie,” she suppressed a sigh and pushed against his chest, wanting him to release her, “let me go.” But she was a fool for letting those words escape her lips. As she stepped away she watched as the darkness grew in his eyes.

“Let you go? Why not let me go? I’m only here because of you. I even die-” but even he knew those words were too harsh to say.

“I’m sorry” Annabeth cried, caressing his pale cheek, kissing his beautiful lips, “for everything.” The regret of his death running through her mind. “It should be me there, not you.” The tears were rolling down her cheeks. “I-”

“Shhh-” he placed his finger on her lips before kissing them again. “You don’t have to say anything.” He looked up at the sky and noticed the sun setting behind the mountains, “we’ll be together soon.”

She looked at his red, puffy eyes and located not even a faded trail of a smile upon his lips. Instead, she found a very weak curve wobbling upwards on his beautifully sad face that looked light in the glow of events.

The light was getting closer now, she wished it wasn't happening but it was. She closed her eyes, grabbing hold of her necklace, and releasing his hand, a million prayers running through her mind. She didn’t want to open her eyes, she knew she wouldn’t like what was left. All she knew was that life must go on.