Status: Slowly getting there.

Reflection (Discontinued)

Chapter 2

I plugged in my headphones and blasted Sleeping With Sirens. I walked forward and stared at my iPod scrooling through songs til my head came in contact with cold metal. It hurt so I rubbed my forehead and looked up to find I had crashed into the side of the door.

I stepped to the right and walked through the door, careful not to hit anything this time. I set my duffel bag next to me on the small blue seat and watched as people piled onto the train. I tried to shut them out of my head as best as I could and pulled out a book from my bag.

It was a Nicholas Sparks book. Ugh, his books made me bawl like an angsty teen who just found out Justin Bieber died. I could read The Last Song over and over again.

I was peacefully reading my book when I felt the weight of my duffle bag being moved next to me and onto the floor, and the place of a person filling that space as a chill swept by me. I didn't like it the least bit. I looked out of the corner of my eyes to find miss blonde Jennifer sitting next to me with a cheeky smile plastered on her face.

I flinched in disgust and scooted farther away. I shook my head a little bit so that my hair would cover the side of my face. I heard her clear her throat and try to get my attention but I ignored it.
“Ahem.” she said, a little more impatient this time.

I looked at her annoyed and had no intention of trying to mask my annoyance. She smiled a bright bubbly smile and tucked her hair behind her ears.

“Since we're on this train together why not make the best of it and get to know eachother?” she stated, staring at me happily.

I made no move to speak and kept staring at her. I raised my eyebrow at her, making sure she was done so I could turn back to my book. But no, to my fucking dismay she opened her lipgloss covered mouth again and started speaking.

“You already know I'm Jennifer, so I guess I'll just start off by letting you know I'm 17 and am going to be attending Besant Hill Boarding School. I have a brother who goes there, Keith. Let's just say I've had a rough past and I'm wanting to start a new beginning...” She said, with this weird glint in her eyes.

I turned away from her and stared down at the book in my lap. “I'm Kimberly. Ironically enough, I'll be going to the same school as you. And if your brothers anything like you, I'd suggest you shut the fuck up.” I said with a thick accent of bitterness in every word I spoke. I leaned down and grasped my bag then dog-eared the page in my book and got up to leave.

As I was turning to leave she grabbed my arm and I gave her the most blood-chilling look I could manage. “My brother looks a lot like you, actually.”

I was too pissed off to care. I shrugged my arm away from her and went to sit next to a guy who looked anti-social. He's I guess what you'd classify as punk.

Seriously. He looked like Marilyn Manson, just more piercings and half of his head was shaved.

I kicked my bag furiously when I sat down and blasted my iPod so loud I thought the earbuds would burst. I bit my lip trying to distract myself and rubbed my temples. Relax, Kim, relax. I thought to myself. I looked next to me at the anti-social guy who just a raised an eyebrow at me questioningly but didn't say anything and went back to headbanging to his music.

I was thankful for that.

I felt myself slowly drifting off so I leaned my head onto the anti-social guys shoulder. I don't know why I did it. A voice in my subconscious just told me to. I felt something warm and soft cloak over my body and I just further burried myself into his shoulder.

I woke up and let out a cat like yawn then rubbed my eyes groggily. I opened my eyes slowly to find myself sort of laying in his lap with his arms wrapped around me.

I hope he didn't think I was weird. I sort of did this thing to practically every person I met. I was really touchy. I felt him stir a bit so I took this chance to slip out of his grip softly, and that's when I noticed his sweater over me.

I smiled to myself and grabed my dufflebag. I headed for the bathroom and opened it then locked it to make sure no weirdos would walk in on me. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, all the usual stuff. I washed my body with a cloth from my bag and teased my hair a bit, pulling it up into a ponytail and I was happy to see all my firey red curls bouncing everywhere in back of me.

I put on a long baggy tee that I cut so it would go off the shoulder, it had the Pierce The veil logo on it and reached just up to my mid-thigh. My transparent black lace tights went really well with them seeming as they had a sort of flower print all over them. I pulled on my black combat boots and put on my usual black ring of makeup around my eyes with a grey-ish white surrounding it, then added a light shade of red to my lips and zpped my dufflebag back up.

I slung it over my shoulder and walked out to sit next to a still sleeping antisocial guy. I decided to wake him up so I bit his ear and he jumped straight up out of his seat.

I bit my lip and tried to suppress the laughter and giggles trying to escape my lips. I couldn't hide the goofy grin on my face any longer and burst out laughing. Everyone was awake at this time since it was about an hour til we arrived. He give me an evil glare then blushed.

He was really pale so it was super noticable. He let out a shaky laugh and stuck his hand out awkward, moving his free hand to the back of his head and messing with his hair.

“Gabe.” he said, smiling weirdly.

“Kimberly” I said, smiling sweetly and shaking his hand.

“Err, how'd you sleep?” Gabe asked, blushing again.

“Fine thanks, you're a very comfy pillow.” I giggled.

The speakers announced we would be arriving in 10 minutes and to gather all our belongings. Gabe went to go change and get clean, so I just kinda sat there a bit worried and nervous about what was going to happen.

That's when my hair started sparking and hovering in the air a bit. “Shit shit shit !” I thought to myself. Why now, of all places? I tried to calm my hair and get my nerves under control. I was getting weird stares from other passengers.

They were probably wondering why I looked like fucking medusa with my hair just a few seconds ago.
Truth was? I wondered just as much as them. I've always had a little spark of fire, and almost anything set it off.

Did I think I was a freak? Fuck no. Most people just thought it was weird. I didn't care though, at all. I whispered the lyrics to My Apolcalyspe by Escape The Fate to try and calm myself down, and to my contempt, it worked. I had my eyes closed when I felt a shade of darkness cover my eyelids and the prescence of a person take up the space infront of me. I opened one of my eyes to just sort of peak at him.

He didn't move and he had his hands shoved in his pockets. I was confused til I realized the train wasn't moving anymore and everyone was getting off. Oh, I get it now.

Duh. Stupid Kimberly, stupid. I grabbed my duffel bag and watch as Gabe's tall frame bent over me to pick up his. It had spiderman and wolverine stickers all over it. I giggled and I guess he heard me because he quickly walked past me and I could tell he was blushing when he walked by.

I never noticed it before but the boy was seriously a tower. He had a good foot and a half over me. Maybe even a foot and three quarters. I can't blame him, though. I'm a smurf.

Standing 5'1 and proud. I smiled to myself mentally before nearly tripping out of the door of the train. I mentally facepalmed myself and practically pranced towards where a group of teens my age were gathered where a couple of weird looking people with signs that said “Besant Hill Boarding School”.

By “weird people” I meant they look like they came out of hot topic and spencers letting the workers give them extreme makeovers.

One girl in particular caught my eye. Green-Blue-teal hair,she had on a necklace with an anchor on it. She seriously was gorgeous. The other two girls seemed...snotty.

They had big poofy black hair and were dressed in mostly torn leggings and band tee's with studded belts. Typical scene queens. What were they doing here? I have no fucking clue. I walked up to the pretty one with the blue-ish hair and tapped her shoulder. She smiled sweetly at me and raised her head up to look at me.

I locked my hands behind my back and rocked back and forth on my heels. I felt like a little girl.

“Hi, I'm Kimberly.” I introduced.

She flashed me a breathtaking smile before she spoke. Shit, if I was lesbian I'd go for her.

“Well , aren't you the most adorable thing ever. I'm Alexandria. Feel free to call me Zane.”

She smiled at me again, and cocked her head a little to the side, then turned on her heels to face everyone else. She held what looked like a fancy twig, if that was possible. It was one twig and two vine looking twins inter-twined around it, cutting off at the top where two green leafs sprouted from each side.

She place the tip at the nape of her throat and started to speak. Except when she spoke it sounded like a huge speaker.

“Hello all and welcome to Besant Hill Boarding School ! Now you all may be confused, I mean we're in the middle of the woods in front of train tracks, right?”

She got nods and agreements from the room. Then she flicked her little twig thingy and the path of trees started to clear up to reveal a victorian styled brick walled and cement paved school.

Everyone let out a few ooo's and aaah's and a lot of gasps and mumbles erupted from the crowd. I'd say in total there were about 40 of us.

“That's where your wrong.” she said grinning.

“This is no ordinary school, and you're all not ordinary people. I'm sure most of you have noticed you have a sort of....potential at specific things.” She spoke slowly, careful to pick her words.

She brought her little twig/wand thingy back to her throat and spoke again, this time way more cheerfully.

“I'm Alexandria Wittstock. You will call me Professor Wittstock unless I state otherwise.” She said, pausing to look at me and wink. “Welcome to Besant Hill School of Reditus!”
♠ ♠ ♠
(A/N: Reditus is magic in Latin.)