Status: Slowly getting there.

Reflection (Discontinued)

Chapter 4

When I woke up it was early. I smelled cinnamon and pancakes. I happily got up and walked to my closet. Surprisingly, everything was put away for me. I smiled and pulled out a red plaid shirt and some gray skinnies. I put them on and ran my fingers through my hair. I was too drawn to the smell of food to care what I looked like. I put on black socks and panda slippers and ran following the scene of food trying not to slip and fall.

Buttttt, me being the idiot I am, it happened anyone. “For fucks sake.” I mumble grumpily and got up to rub my bum, I hadn't noticed but, well now I had since he made it so obvious. Nick was in the corner of the hall to the right of me. It was a T shaped hallway, so I was up the middle and him coming from the right. I didn't blush or hide my face or any of that.

I would be Kimberly if I did all that girly stuff over a guy. “I'm glad you find my dorkyness, and all my clumsy ditzyness to be amusing.” I smirked and pulled his arm so he would come with me into the dining room. Students were already eating and chatting away. You could tell which group they were from because we were all required to get a mark on the side of our necks. It was the symbol of each group. It was a sort of goop they used on us, and it stayed on us and just wouldn't come off. It didn't hurt either.

I guess it was kinda a tattoo. I stood in the long line and got a carton of orange juice, two hash browns, and a cinnamon roll. It all looked really good but I wasn't that hungry. I went to sit with Gabe, Aleshawne, and Nick. I was glad with my little group. Soon little gay fashionista joined the group. I learned his name was Hunter and I had a feeling we'd all be very close the entire time we were here, maybe even after we left..

I smiled at the thought. I'd like to be friends with them for a long time and I hoped I would be. My gaze kept wandering off to Nick every so often. I was glad he didn't notice. Or well, I hope he didn't. I was brought out of my subconscious when someone snapped their fingers in my face.

I looked dumbfounded probably, and Hunter was giggling at me. “Huh , what?” I finally managed to say. He giggled more, then leaned over to whisper in my ear “You were spacing out staring at Nick. Daydreaming, eh? He is pretty cute I don't blame you--” I cut him off before they could hear him. “SHHHH.” I put a hand over his mouth.

Everyone looked at me weirdly but I just smiled, a little embarrassed. I heated up my now cold hash browns with the tips of my fingers and ate it, not as hungry as I was before. I finished my orange juice and we were just talking about classes and people who were placed in different groups, and such.

Our attention turned to Zane where she was at the head table. She had tapped her spoon onto her glass goblet, trying to get everyone's attention. When she did she cleared her throat. “Good morning students, and welcome to your first day of classes. You all will be having classes together, mixed I guess I should say. Classes being in in 20 minutes sharp. You are to do whatever until then, if you're late you will receive a citation. I trust everyone will try their best to be on their classes on time for the first day of class...” she trailed off, looking at everyone with her piercing gray eyes.

I heard a few chuckles and sneers from the crowd and she glared snapping her head towards the noises.
“If you are to have any problems, please confide in the Prexy of your group. At the end of each term Prexy's are to report to me.” She said in her calm shrilly tone. It sounded like bells and it was very clear, like a little girl. She looked so fairy like, really. She had hollow cheeks and they sort of glowed.

Her voice was very sing-song and was like a melody. “You are dismissed.” she said, waving her hand. Everyone was quick to clear their trash and a slow chatter started as the students made their way out of the dining hall. Gabe and I had our first class together and we were quick to go back to the common room and change.

Last night while we were sleeping the professors had come into the common room and left us finger wands. They were like rings sort of. It was something you slipped onto your finger, and they were either metal or wooden, and resembled wands. They went up to the tip of your finger and a little over that.

We had been told that was all we would need for our classes, that our main focus was to master our element and learn how to use it against different elements. The first two quarters of the year we'd learn to fight against our weaker enemy, and the second half to our stronger enemy to challenge us and make it harder, even though we'd have practice. I thought it was a good challenge. All of our classes were like any other normal students, except one of our electives was combat and it was mandatory.

Also, we had a different history class. It was normal history mixed with magical history. They'd teach us normal events that had occurred, then the magical side of what happened, since humans didn't know magical creatures such as ourselves existed. We were nymphs.

Half magical, half human. I smiled to myself, noticing I had spaced out again. I quickly pulled on my clothes, glad I didn't have to wear uniform. Gabe was waiting for me In the common room and so I exited with him and we started off to our class together.

From the corner of my eye I saw a small smile creep up onto Gabe's face when he saw a Virago banner. We'd seen a lot of upperclassmen that we haven't been able to meet yet. They were very skilled and graceful, and I looked up to them. None of them seemed snobby or mean. I haven't seen anyone who seemed like a bitch yet.

I smiled and walked up to a boy with shaggy brown hair who had glasses on and was leaning up against a wall casually reading a book. I cleared my throat to get his attention and he looked at me. He raised an eyebrow inquiringly. “Could you tell me where I could find the combat room for us newbies?” I asked sweetly. He smiled and pointed to the double doors next to him. I nodded and thanked him , pulling Gabe by the arm with me.

“No problem!” he called right when the doors shut and I walked to the group of students on the mat's. This seemed to be a mixed grade class. There had to at least be 60 students in here. Students from upper classes were in hear as well.

I sat down and just talked with Gabe for a while. We were talking about the boy outside I'd asked directions from.

“He totally gave you a once over.” Gabe argued with me. We'd been arguing over this for almost 5 minutes.

“No ! I don't even know him Gabe. He's just some guy, he's not into me. Besides, he seems kinda...old. I'm not even sure he's a student here.” I said, running my fingers along the spine of my wand that laid on my finger. It had a special emerald in the middle indicating I was a Prexy.

“He has to be. I saw the symbol for the Fay's on his neck.” Gabe argued.

I shrugged and sighed in defeat. I didn't feel like arguing. I was tired. I rubbed my eyes and laid my head on his shoulders. Then the chatter tuned down to an almost whisper and stopped completely when we heard a door open and close. Everyone turned their attention to the figure at the door. It was the same guy I'd asked directions for.

I wrinkled my nose and a crease formed in between my eyebrows from confusion. How strange. He'd be my instructor for this class? I dismissed the though from my head when he started speaking.

“Hello, class. Take your seats up on the bleachers please. It doesn't really matter the order. I'm just going to take attendance and then we'll get right into our first lesson.” He smiled.

He held four different clipboards, I'm guessing for each different group. “I'm Professor Preston, by the way. But you guys can just call me Tim or Timmy.” He said. Then his face grew serious. “If you ever call me Timothy, I'll make you look like you wet yourself!” he said, then chuckled. “Just kidding, but really. It makes me feel old. Don't.”

I giggled softly to myself and just laid back on the bleachers, arching my back and stretching out my arms to either side of me, holding them onto the rail of the bleachers for support.

I listened out for my name and started growing impatient. Why'd they always have to go by last names, dammit? “Kimberly Zanders.” he called, looking up ever so slightly from his reading glasses. “Here.” I said lazily, raising my hand.

He smiled. “Nice to see you in class, Miss Zanders. Try not to get lost next time.” he said and I felt my cheeks heat up slightly.

I heard Gabe chuckle next to me and whacked him on the arm. It wasn't funny. I huffed and crossed my arms. He kept calling attendance and one name caught my attention. “Jennifer Zemper.” he called and my eyes flitted around the room til I found her. Miss barbie was in this class. I groaned.

Gabe noticed and gave me a questioning look. I shook my head and just stared at my feet til he was done calling attendance.

“For this lesson, we're going to be learning weaknesses and strengths. I'd like to start off with the new students, since most of you hear are already accustomed to it.” There were some smirks around the room but he ignored them. “Kimberly and Jennifer, up to the mat's, wands out.” He continued.

My eyes went wide and I composed myself , stepping forward slowly. He flicked his wand and metal bars shot up around is forming a kind of closed cage. I hissed.

Dammit, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I tensed up when Mr. Preston, I mean Tim blew the whistle. I brought up my finger sort of pointing at her, and we circled each other on the mat. I made the first move, and thought of swirling. Sort of like the swirly when you're holding one end of a jump-romp, and swirling it in circles so it's a blur.

Like a twisting ribbon. And that's how my fire came out at her. In a blur, and swirling, fast. She barely escaped my fire, and she burned the tip of her shoulder and knee. I saw her wince before she moved out of the way and composed herself.

I smirked. This was going to be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohhhmyygoddd. :3
I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while.
But I made this super duper EXTRA long.
And maybe if I get comments I'll update AGAIN today? (;
I have some really good ideas, so sub and comment guys.
I love my commenters and silent readers.
Sincerely,
Em. :3 ♥