Status: Slowly getting there.

Reflection (Discontinued)

Chapter 5

I felt two metal cuffs lock around my ankles. I looked down and they had sprung out from the ground. She had a wicked grin on her face. I glared at her and my fury just further powered me. The metal cuffs melted right off me because I used my fire.

My hair was starting to hover and light with fire. She had panic in her eyes. I flicked my wand at her, sending dagger shaped flames at her and she dodged them all by dispersing into a puddle of water onto the floor, then coming back up and turning her arms metal.

I really hated this bitch already. I snarled and small flames came out of my nose. I looked over at Tim with his arms crossed over his chest, a satisfied smile planted on his lips. All the students had gathered on the lowest bleachers watching intently.

All but one. Gabe. He was at the top of the bleachers looking down at me with a worried expression. I had lost my focus when I felt something hard and cold tackle me to the floor.

I grunted when my head hit one of the cold bars and I looked to see Jennifer had tackled me. “You fucking bitch. You're a Methacrylate!” I spat the words at her, shoving her off of me and pinning her down. She smirked evilly but her smirk was quickly replaced by fear when she saw my flaming fist about to connect with her face.

A whip of water latched down onto my fist, grabbing me like an actually whip, but it was made of water. I yelped and pulled back and looked to see Tim flicking his wand and pulling the bars down then releasing my wrist.

I rubbed it softly a red mark forming. “Sorry.” he apologized and I nodded. “You would've seriously injured her if I hadn't stopped you.” he said calmly, although I could see a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. He was trying not to laugh.

Clearly, everyone else was amused and I didn't know why. I was confused but received approving looks and nods from everyone when I walked by them to go sit with Gabe on the bleachers.

“You can spend the rest of the period talking and doing whatever you want, just no magic or leaving this room is allowed.” he said.

And with that everyone came rushing up to me asking me a million questions. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I just hid behind Gabe. He chuckled and I peeked over his shoulder at everyone's eager smile.

“How'd you do it, Kim?” one girl asked and I shrugged. “I just fought like normally, I guess? It was my first time doing it.” I said softly, looking down at my hands.

Gabe pulled me away from the group and sent them a warning glare not to follow. He sat me down on the opposite side of the room, and I saw Jennifer angry as every talking to Tim. He was trying to calm her down but she just wouldn't listen. I shrugged.

“Why're you being so shy?” Gabe asked me. I stared at him blankly. “You're usually all up in people's faces.” he said after I stayed quiet after a while.

“I dunno. I feel like being nice today.” I said, shrugging. I heard him scoff and looked into his eyes, glaring. “You, being nice? Damn, I don't want to see you being mean if you we're being “nice” to Jennifer.” He said using his fingers to quote nice.

I smirked. “What's the deal with her anyway?” I asked him. “What do you mean?” He replied. “Well, why was everyone so shocked I beat her?” I said.

“You really don't know?” He asked me widening his eyes a little then staring at me curiously. I nodded.

“Wow.” He said. “Well, she's been training for 4 years, with her brother Keith. So she's pretty much very skilled and could take on about ¾ of the upperclassmen. She could probably take down Tim, too.” he said.

I nodded, finally understanding. “Well, I don't fucking know why I beat her. I just did.” I said finally returning to my old self.

People started walking towards me again. I sighed and gave in. “Alright alright, I'll answer your damn fucking questions.” I said. I had a sailors mouth and I knew how to use it.

For the next 20 minutes I answered the same questions over and over again. How I'd learned to fight, how I beat her, people even asked me to help them learn to fight. I was flattered and annoyed. When Tim dismissed up I bolted for the door and ran out, looking for someone to talk to in the hallways.

As I walked I thought over everything. In truth? I had no answers. I never learned to fight, nor did I know how I beat her. It just came to me. And I didn't know how to teach people when I myself didn't know what I was doing.

I spotted Aleshawne and Hunter talking in a corner. I walked over to them with a smirk on my face and their faces lit up when they saw me. “Hey.” I said, hugging them both and kissing their cheeks.

“Holy shit, Kimmy. You seriously busted Jen's ass!?” Hunter exclaimed. A huge grin broke across my face and I nodded eagerly. “Bitch got what she deserved.” I said.

Aleshawne giggled and gave me a highfive. “Whats your next class?” Aleshawne asked.
“Math.” Me and hunter replied at the same time. We turned to eachother and started laughing. “Me too.” Aleshawne said, smiling.

I moved Aleshawne to my right and Hunter to my left then hooked my arm through theirs and started walking. “Let's go, bitches.” I said smirking, then I slammed my feet on the floor and brought them both to a stop.

“Wait...” I mumbled. “I don't know where the math room is.” I said frowning. I heard someone chuckle beside me and I turned to see Nick. He tried to pass it off as a cough when he saw me staring but I gave him a small glare.

“I just had that class. It's down the hall to the left.” He said, pointing behind him. I smiled and kissed his cheek, and I could've sworn for a second he blushed.

“Thanks!” I called, turning around and laughing down the hallway with Aleshawne and Hunter at my sides.

I heard a murmured “you're welcome” and smiled to myself. Most boys who would've laughed at me wouldn't be able to have babies anymore. But he was different. I had a gut feeling about him...I never wanted to hurt him, for some reason.

It was like I had a self-announced love for him. I shook my head and turned to the left. What was I talking about? I barely knew the kid.

We walked into the classroom where almost everyone was in their seats chattering. A woman with bright red curls and glasses was at the desk , sitting on it with a smile just looking at everyone. She looked at her watching and flicked her wand to the door.

“Sit sit, attendance, rules, and then it'll be time for lunch. So if you don't want to be late, settle down.” She instructed, standing up and smoothing out her black pleated skirt and white blouse. It had ruffles at the top. Hell, it wasn't my style but it made her look cute. I liked her already. She was very short. Like, 4'11 short. I smiled to myself and moved to the right by the windows.

Hunter sat next to me and Aleshawne was in front of him. We turned our attention to the Professor and said “here” when she called our names. There was silent whispering and chatter around the room but she didn't seem to mind.

“Alright, now that I took attendance, no more chattering and whispering. You really have to listen up now.” She said. Whoops, look like I spoke too soon...

“Cellphones. Use them, I don't care. As long as you take notes and understand, and don't flunk my class or my tests, you're permitted to use them. The first 10 minutes of class , everyday, I will take attendance and you may chatter and gossip and whisper or whatever. If I'm explaining, no talking. If I put you in groups or assign bookwork, you may talk.” she said, pacing around the room with her hands behind her back.

“You don't need books or pencils for this class, you have scribes. They're mechanical devices. They're like virtual books, basically. It has a built in calculator, there's an option for graph paper, scratch paper, and everything you need to work out your problems.” She said, pointing to a stack of metal objects shaped like rectangles.

She glanced at her watch again and clapped. “Chop chop, time for lunch . I'll show you how to get there this once, but on normal class days I'll just dismiss you and you'll go yourselves.” She said. There was a chorus of “mhms” and “yes ma'ams” as we stood up and headed out the door.

She lead us down a couple hallways and then to these humongous doors that seemed too big and heavy for a normal person to open. She flicked her wand and they opened. The inside was as big as a stadium. Several students were all ready seated.

I was the last to enter and when a did I heard several shouts of “That's her!” and “She beat Jennifer!”. I snickered and walked over to the lunch line and bought a tray of fries. I sat alone at a table waiting for everyone else to get out of the lunchline. There was no ceiling and it was nice and sunny outside.

A shadow covered the sunlight over me and I looked up to see Jennifer standing in front of me with her arms crossed. The entire cafeteria went silent and whispers were emerging everywhere. I lifted and eyebrow at her and stuck a fry in my mouth, munching it.

“Yes?” I asked her, focusing on my food. “Oh, nothing. Just looking at the poor loner with no friends, the usual.” She taunted. I tightened my facial expressions and looked up at her with a piercing glare. “Watch it, plastic barbie.” I told her.

“She's not alone, by the way.” Nick said, walking over to me and sitting down with a can of monster. Aleshawne, Hunter, and Gabe came to sit down with me as well and they snickered at Jennifer. Her expression grew mad and I just chuckled.

“Whatever. No one likes you anyway.” She said, turning to walk away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nick flick his finger at Jennifer's shoe from under the table. She tripped and fell flat on her face.

I choked on my fry laughing and she got up slowly and gave Nick a cold stare. She was about to say something but he gave her such an intimidating look she just walked away.

Half the cafeteria was laughing and the other half were snickering at me. I rolled my eyes and went back to my fries.

This had been an interesting fucking day. I felt Aleshawne nudge me with her elbow. I was caught off balance and my hand brushed against Nick's. I felt a sudden spark.

I gasped, shocked. She gave me a questioning look but I shrugged it off. Nick looked at me and gave me a small wink, that was only visible to me. I blushed and hid my face in my hair.

Wait , what? I'm blushing? I've never blushed over a guy. What the fuck was going on?

Oh Nick. I thought silently to myself.

This boy would be the death of me, I swear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, guys?
I love my silent readers.
I don't really know where I was going with this, but whatever.
(:
xoxo,
Emelie ♥