Status: Complete<3

Insane Asylum

Noah

It's been a couple of peaceful weeks being with Mason and not having to fear for our lives anymore. I sighed happily as I sat at the foot of my parents grave. I decided to show Mason their final resting spot, deep down it made me feel better.

“I'm glad you came here today,” I whispered to Mason as he got up from their grave stone to come sit on my lap, “It means a lot to me.”

“It's no problem Noah,” he giggled cutely, “Anything for you.”

I kissed the back of his neck and laid down on my back. While we sat in a comfortable silence with the sun high in the sky my parents talked amongst themselves. It was odd though, recently I've been having trouble hearing them as they talked; it seemed so distant. Mason said he hasn't been seeing or hearing Kyler recently after he finally said goodbye to him. The only time he ever mentions Kyler is when he is talking about a dream he had.

“Mason,” I voiced to him, “My parents seemed to be fading out.”

“You're finally letting them go, like I did with Kyler,” he smiled down at me as he turned around on my lap. “I think we're getting better and those pesky doctors have probably gave up looking for us too. It's been too long anyways.”

I nodded to myself and smiled widely, “I guess life starts now for us, right?”

“Yeah,” Mason giggled and laid down on top of me. “You know...I hope Kyler finds some company where he is...I didn't like leaving him alone.” he yawned indicating that he was going to sleep and I was perfectly fine with it.

Although a thought ran through my mind quickly, as I knew there was one last thing I wanted my parents to do. I wanted them to keep Kyler company, that's the least I could do for him besides taking care of Mason as promised.

”And it shall be granted, Noah,” I heard my parents say in unison. I smiled to myself as I closed my eyes. ”We love you and we will miss you. Please take care, goodbye our son.” I felt tears roll out of my closed eyes as their voices echoed in my head.

“Thank you mom and dad, I love you too,”

***


Hours after the sun and went down, Mason and I walked around town trying to live a our lives after everything that has happened to us. I began thinking to myself if we should move to another town just in case those 'doctors' do pop up randomly. I can feel Mason get teased and even look over his shoulder as if we're being followed, and since my parents aren't here to tell us if danger is following us I think it is best to just move out of town. Mason's nerves were getting the best of him while we were out on our walk and it was best that we went home.

I opened the door to our apartment and sighed happily. Now we can finally relax, even if we don't talk to one another. I walk over to the couch and sit down on it, patting my lap for Mason to join me. He curled up in a ball and rested his head on my chest, rubbing his eyes as sleep was taking over him once more. As soft snores escaped his lips I let my mind wander a little. Days, weeks, months go on as my relationship with Mason stays on ice. It doesn't seem to get any better or any worse, though I do want it to change positively. I was thinking about taking Mason on our first date finally, I know he'll be happy about that. Getting time to relax and eat at the same time, maybe it'll calm down his nerves. Just by holding his fragile form in my arms I can tell he's still a mess and I am determined to make him feel better. To change him for the better so he can live the life he deserves.

My eyes start to beg me to let them close, but I couldn't allow them to since Mason wasn't properly tucked away in bed. I wrap my arms tightly around his sleeping form and slowly stand up, making sure I don't wake him in the process as I made my way to our bedroom. Kicking the door open quietly to the bedroom I walk the small distance and gently lay Mason down. He stirs in his sleep, but gets comfortable once more. I strip Mason of his clothes, except his boxers gently before I do so myself and climb in bed with him. I rest my chin on his head and smile to myself as I am excited to show Mason how much I truly care about him tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
There are two chapters left in this story :c aww sadness.
I thought of two endings for it. A happy one and a sad one xD but I'm going to go with the happy one because I think I'd cry e.e
Anyways Comment&Subscribe