Status: Complete<3

Insane Asylum

Noah

It's been yet another painful week in this asylum and Mason and I already have a plan to get out of here for good. Today was the day I start the riot in the cafeteria and I couldn't help but smile. I look over at Mason who was standing next to me, shaking visibly. I place my hand on his shoulder and gently squeeze it.

"Mason it's okay," I whispered in his ear, "You can do this, all you have to do is unlock all the locks on the door then unscrew the screws. With the riot going on as the distraction you'll be fine alright?" I gave him a reassuring kiss on his cheek and he smiled at me.

"Noah remember you only have one shot at this," I heard my mom say and I just nodded to myself.

I watch Mason slowly make his way to the air vent and I made my way to the center of the cafeteria. I look over my shoulder and spot the nearest patient and shove them roughly to the ground. Next thing I did was pick up someone's food and throw it across the cafeteria and laugh when it hits someone in the face. Then it finally started the riot we needed to escape. The teenagers hollered and screamed as they pulled each others hair. The little kids picked up food and started throwing it around the room. I duct down and edge my towards Mason who successfully opened the air vent.

"What in the world is going on here?!" I heard a doctor say.

"Quickly now Mason, go!" I commanded gently and he rushed into the air vent. I quickly followed him and crouched my way through the air vent maze.

"Mason you studied the map right?" I asked him through the echoes of the kids back in the asylum.

"Yep, just follow me okay?" I could hear the smile in his face and laughed quietly.

"Hey! Someone got the air vent open!" I heard another doctor yelled.

"Hurry, someone get those patients!" more doctors yelled.

"Shit, Mason we have to move!" I roughly pushed his butt to get him to move faster. He grunted but did as I said.

We barely talked as we moved quickly through the vents, listening to the loud bangs of the doctors feet and adult bodies hitting the metal vents. The chorus of the patients slowly faded out as Mason and I reached the end of our vent tunnel.

"Mason why aren't we going anywhere?" I frantically asked.

"Because we didn't think that far ahead! These vents are locked too!" he rushed through his sentence as he fumbled with the keys and screwdriver in his hands.

"I'll do my best to hold them off, just focus on getting that open!" I shouted near the end of my sentence because the doctors roughly pulled my leg and it freaked me out.

I repeatedly kicked my feet around to make it hard for them to get a firm for about ten minutes as Mason worked on the vent door to the outside. I could smell the crisp fall wind coming through the cracks of the door. The smell of freedom. I felt a pair of small hands grab my shoulders and pull me roughly back. I did a back roll onto rough brown grass and grunted.

"Noah! You aren't free yet," I heard my father say, "Quickly now, run for your life!"

"I hope you fall and get caught," Kyler sneered at me and I just laughed and quickly got to my feet, grabbing Mason's hand and running away from the insane asylum once and for all.

***


I took a deep breath of relief when Mason and I finally stepped foot in my apartment. It feels good to be back here again and be free. I turn around to face Mason and found him crying on his knees.

"N-Noah we're fre-e finally f-free," he babbled out through tears and jumped up into my arms. "We w-won't have to d-die a p-painful d-death anymore!"

I wrapped my arms tightly around him and pulled him towards my chest, rubbing his back gently. I smiled softly to myself as Mason kept talking even though i couldn't understand him.

"You did well Noah," my father said.

We're so proud of of you and glad that we didn't have to see you so soon. Live a long life, promise?" my mom whispered and I nodded.

"Of course mom I will," I felt tears prick my eyes and quickly wiped them away.

"You should've died! Along with Mason," Kyler snapped, "He's not your little fuck toy, he's mine and always will be. Even in death."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "You need to let Mason go Kyler," I whispered since Mason fell asleep on me.

I got up slowly got up off the floor and walked over to my bedroom door. I pushed it open with my foot and gently made my way across the room and laid Mason on my bed. I kissed his forehead and walked out of the room.

"Ugh it makes me sick the way you falsely treat him," Kyler grumbled.

"I'm not falsely treating him, I genuinely care about Mason. You need to move on Kyler, he's not going to die anytime soon." I whispered as i sat down at my table.

"How are you so sure about that Noah?" he questioned me, "You can't physically see me like he can, and I can come out at anytime I want."

I blinked hard and quickly jumped out of my seat and ran to my bedroom. I heard Mason scream out in pain as I opened the door and saw blood running down his face. I ran up to him and held him tightly against me as his tears fell down his face.

"Kyler! Leave Mason the fuck alone!" I shouted.

He didn't respond in my head like he normally does, instead bloody words were written on my walls saying "You can't stop me, you can't make me."

”Noah be on your guard now,” I heard my mother warned, ”Looks like that Kyler kid isn't going to let Mason go without a long agonizing fight.”

“How do you expect me to win against something I can't even physically harm?” I questioned out loud and sighed in anger, “This is going to be a pointless fight!”

“Noah!” Mason shouted, “It's okay...I just know as long as we're together Kyler can't hurt you or me.”

I bite my lip and held my tongue, I really do hope Mason is right about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
As Noah and Mason go free at last from the insane asylum, they only get locked away against their wills against Kyler; a person who is not physically there with them but can still do them great harm.

What do you think will happened now to our dear friends?

Comment&Subscribe to find out.