Blessed With Iridescent Wings

The Hogwarts' Express

Image
Image
Image
Image

Thank you to Taste for these amazing banners! I absolutely adore them :)
-----

It was the last day of summer vacation and Lianna was standing in front of the bathroom mirror with a rather frustrated look upon her face. Her eyebrows had crunched together, her upper lip lifted in a sneer. It wasn’t her hair which caused her problems. In fact, the messy orange patches had faded a couple days ago and her dark brunette locks hung without a hitch. A thin white headband was used to push her bangs back, the bangs which were no longer ginger red.

No, it wasn’t her hair which frustrated her.

It wasn’t even the fact she was nowhere near finished packing.

It was the Hogwarts’ uniform, the simple white and charcoal grey uniform her mother had just purchased in Diagon Alley near moments ago. Lianna was frustrated that she didn’t go along; she was frustrated that she trusted her mother enough to pick the right size and she was frustrated she didn’t hold the model’s body her mother did.

Dressed in her new uniform Lianna released a loud scoff. It was simple with a dark charcoal grey pleated skirt and a white button up. A grey tie lay upon the sink counter, a matching sweater vest underneath. There was not a sign of colour and wouldn’t be, as Hermione explained, until she was sorted late tomorrow evening.

That wasn’t the issue at the moment. The issue was the fact Cheri Walden seemed to think her daughter had to be her mother’s size and because Lianna wasn’t she stood in a uniform far too small for her.

With a thick white tank top underneath, the white blouse buttoned up but it looked as though that every single button around the chest area was about to snap off. Lianna’s chest wasn’t huge but compared to her mother, who was as nearly flat chested as a male, it was much bigger than the uniform shirt was willing to give. The other issue was the skirt. She had managed, rather difficulty, to get it over her hips but due to the size of them, something she inherited from her grandmother on her father’s side, and the rather large arse Trevor Conner had once said was glorious, the skirt was much too short.

Lianna had never really been against cleavage or the rather large amount of leg she was showing but she felt when the uniform rules called for the skirt being just at the knee that halfway up the thigh wasn’t exactly proper. She tugged at the bottom of the pleated skirt for a while, hoping that maybe with enough pulls it would lengthen.

Disappointment set in when it never did, a horror following when she realized she still had to go show her mother this disproportionate outfit down in the kitchen. With a heavy sigh and a few quick fluffs of her long hair, Lianna wandered out into the dingy hallway.

She couldn’t wait to get out of this house and finally have some form of freedom.

“Mama!” She called, yelling from the top of the kitchen stairs, “You got the wrong size!”

“I did not,” Cheri replied back, “I am certain I was correct.”

“Well you weren’t,” Lianna hissed, barrelling down the stairs. Her bare feet hit the cool kitchen floor and she was pleased to see no fire was crackling in the fireplace. It was still too hot for that even in the basement.

Her blonde mother, whose back was to her, appeared to be whipping a bowl full of batter. Mrs. Weasley, on the other hand, was magically hanging a scarlet banner that congratulated Ron and Hermione on becoming the new Gryffindor Prefects. Below the banner sat Fred and George, both with rather displeased looks on their faces as they worked to peal a rather large bowl of potatoes by hand. Lianna assumed Mrs. Weasley had banned the use of magic for such a task.

“I was not,” repeated Cheri. She peered over her shoulder, her thin eyebrow furrowing together, “Zhat is not right.”

“No Mama it’s not,” Lianna bit, still dangerously trying to pull at the bottom of the skirt.

The twins had looked up, potatoes still in hand when rather pleased smiles slipped over their lips. Lianna looked like she was literally about the burst out of that shirt, that with any small movement every single one of those buttons would go flying. Fred released a low whistle, a cat call that Mrs. Weasley put an end to in an instant by smacking the boy upside the head with a bit of leftover banner fabric.

Lianna did rather well hiding the blush on her cheeks.

“I see what ze matter is,” Cheri muttered, walking around her daughter like an inspector, “It seems zhat you ‘ave gained a bit of weight.”

“Excuse me?!”

“Not a lot,” said her mother, laughing lightly, “Just a little bit on your ‘ips, Lianna. I suppose zhere is nothing I can do now. You’ll ‘ave to watch what you eat.”

“Mom!” Lianna ran a hand over her tired face, “You just got the wrong size.”

“Non, non, you and I always fit the same clothes.”

“Before I hit puberty,” snarled Cheri’s daughter.

Fred and George were still grinning. They were rather glad she did hit puberty. Those long legs, those shapely hips were quite nice to stare at when she wasn’t looking, mind you.

“You’ve just gained a bit of weight,” Cheri pat her daughter’s bright red cheeks, “It is nothing to be ashamed of. I am sure you can work it off zis year.”

“Mom!” Lianna screeched again, embarrassment slipping upon her cheeks, “I didn’t -”

Cheri smiled, beautiful as always but it was unnerving for Lianna, “Zhere is nothing wrong with being chubby, mon petit lapin.”

“I’m not...” Lianna stopped herself with a pitiful sigh. Cheri gathered her daughter’s face in her hands and with another pat, said she was going to go change her robe. It was in fact a party tonight and the dull maroon she was wearing wouldn’t do her the justice she thought she deserved.

With her arms crossed over her chest, Lianna stood in the same spot, an exhausted look over throwing the frustrated one she had come down with. Mrs. Weasley wandered over softly, gathering the girl’s face in her warm hands. They were callused from working but comforting compared to the thin fingers her mother gripped her with.

“You are a beautiful girl, Lianna,” Mrs. Weasley breathed, “Don’t listen to your mother. The uniform was tight on her when she bought it. I’m sure I’ll be able to let out the seams later tonight if you’d like.”

“Thank you,” Lianna breathed, trying to blink back the water forming at the corner of her eyes. Mrs. Weasley brushed back a missed tear with her thumb.

“Now why don’t you go change and bring that uniform down to me? I’ll fix it up later,” A cheerful smile slipped over her lips, “Then I believe you should go on into the living room. Your father seems to have a surprise for you, dear.”

“A surprise?”

“Yes,” Molly laughed lightly, “Go on then.”

With another gentle thank you, Lianna bounded towards the stairs, still tugging at the short uniform skirt only her mother could pull off. Another wolf whistle sang out and another loud yelp followed as Mrs. Weasley smacked her son. Lianna couldn’t help but released a laugh.

She heard learned that both boys were masters at pretending nothing at all had occurred. She supposed she should’ve learned that sooner when Fred and George had dyed her hair and both put on a brilliant show for their mother pretending they knew nothing. It was unfortunate for them that Mrs. Weasley knew most of their games by now or they probably would’ve gotten away scot free. When it came down to the confessions Turnox had made the twins blurt out, neither of the two seemed affected. Ron had tried to blackmail them with it, he had tried to tease them a few times but both ended up threatening his life with some boiled filled death and he silenced in a near instant.

Lianna, on the other hand, wasn’t sure what their avoidance of the subject meant. Fred knew she enjoyed him and it was clear he at least enjoyed her enough he wanted in her pants but nothing had occurred since. Both were quite amazing at acting unfazed and Lianna wasn’t certain if that was a good thing or not. If Fred wasn’t going to do anything about it she definitely wasn’t and so for the rest of the summer they had continue to act as they always had, not a mention to what Turnox’s illusion had brought about.

-----

After Lianna had changed back into her pair of jean shorts and a simple white lacy top, she had hurried back down towards the living room. The Weasley twins were waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs, both mirror images of each other with mischievous grin written across their lips.

“Coming to see my surprise?” She asked, hushly. They didn’t want to wake Walburga Black’s portrait more than it already had been today. It was a regular occurrence now to hear that wretched woman screeching about traitors and thieves.

“Already know what it is,” Fred explained, dropping a heavy arm upon the girl’s shoulder, “No one can hide anything from us.”

Lianna scoffed, her green eyes rolling playfully, “Of course, how could I ever forget that.”

“I think you’re going to like your surprise,” George spoke as they began to steer her towards the living room doorway.

“Daddy did a better job picking than my mother did?”

Fred snorted, “Depends on whose point of view, Anna.”

“And that means what?”

“We didn’t mind your uniform.”

Lianna felt her face turn red and to do her best to hide the unforgiving blush, she rolled her eyes again, smacking away the arm that laid happily about her neck. It was hard to hide things from the twins and Fred, who had already watched the blood soar into her cheeks, beamed.

In the dingy room with giant drapery and a beautiful piano that Cheri had yet to touch, the three found Lianna’s father and Sirius Black sitting across from each other. They were talking about something important, clearly, because they silenced the second they noticed the children.

Lianna’s eyebrow rose in suspicion that was quickly changed to confusion when she noticed a thin, grey coloured cat upon her father’s lap. Its eyes were large and blue and seemed to be happily staring up at the ceiling. Its long tail hung over James Walden’s leg, swishing back and forth and back and forth.

“Lianna!” Her father called with a bright grin, “Come see your new gift.”

Lianna’s mouth had dropped. He didn’t.

“Daddy you didn’t,” she muttered, wandering over to the small creature. It was still peering up at the ceiling, and the twins who had followed closely behind Lianna, looked up to try and see what the strange cat was staring at. They couldn’t see anything but cobweb covered wood. Lianna picked up the thin cat, pulling it into her arms. The blue eyes finally blinked away when it was being moved and in turn began to stare at the girl’s face.

“I saw him sitting in the shop, dear, and thought it’s been awhile since you’ve had a pet that you deserved one. He could keep you company at school.”

It was a gallant thought, a nice one that Lianna had to smile at but cats never were her favourite things in the whole world. They made her nervous but she had never told her father that. James Walden adored them and had since he was a little boy. He thought his daughter followed with the same adoration and she was never willing to destroy that.

“Thank you, Daddy,” Lianna muttered, holding the cat up awkwardly to the curious Fred and George. George took the creature from her hands, grinning when it hissed at him.

“What are you going to name him, Anna?” asked Sirius.

“Er, not sure,” She replied back, watching as the cat batted at the tall boy’s face. George was laughing loudly, “Maybe Mo.”

“Mo?” Her father asked, “After Monaghan?”

“Yeah,” Lianna nodded, taking the tiny creature back from George’s hands. Mo felt light, thin like there wasn’t enough meat on his bones, but the tiny cat seemed so delighted as he curled into the warmth of Lianna’s chest. She wondered if he was underfed or if cats were just generally that skinny.

Lianna wasn’t much of a cat person.

“I think that is a wonderful name,” said James, smiling as his daughter came over and planted a soft kiss on the top of his head, “Well go on than! I’m sure you’re going to want to get to know your new friend.”

“Course,” breathed Lianna, briefly smiling down at the squirming creature in her hands. She followed the twins out.

“You don’t look as pleased as we thought,” Fred spoke, watching as she stared down at Mo.

“Not a big cat fan,” She replied back, “I’m not upset or anything. I just... don’t really know what to do with him.”

George laughed, “Could always ask Miss. Granger.”

“No thank you,” Lianna said with a scoff, “I’ll probably get about an hour lesson on how to feed the damn thing. I’m sure you two can help me figure it out.”

“We are known to be rather brilliant,” George beamed.

Fred nodded, taking the squirming cat from Lianna’s hands, “Geniuses if anything.”

Lianna could only released a loud bark of a laugh.

-----

“No! Fred! Stop!” Lianna screeched, watching as her bewitched trunk flew straight towards Ginny at the bottom of the stairs. The pretty redhead tossed her body to the floor, gasping as the blue trunk hit the wall behind her. Lianna released a relieved sigh into the grey coat of the cat lying in her arms.

Mrs. Black began screaming. Mrs. Weasley soon followed after.

“YOU COULD HAVE DONE HER SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS!” Mrs. Weasley screeched. She was helping her daughter up, barking at her sons with a voice that sent shivers even up Lianna’s spine and she wasn’t the one being yelled at. The joyful smiles upon the twins’ faces instantly disappeared.

“LIANNA!” Cheri Walden yelled over the screeching, “‘URRY UP!”

“See you two!” Lianna said with a grin, winking as she hurried down the stairs and towards her mother. They were late, that much was clear, and if they didn’t leave soon they would probably miss the train.

Mad-Eye, who wanted everyone going with guards, assumed Cheri and James were properly equipped enough to protect their daughter. With the trunk left behind, Mad-Eye’s responsibility, Lianna hurried out the door with Mo in her arms and the sleeping Flagwin upon her shoulder.

“I see you like your present,” Cheri said as the small family walked calmly out the front door. Orbs of green and silver light bobbed about her parents silently, both Faeries curiously peering at the Muggles that couldn’t see them. It was a warm day, not nearly as blistering hot as it had been, with the sun shining brightly in the sky. James was peering around happily, watching as unsuspecting Muggles hurried down the street. A car drove by and the middle-aged man grinned.

Lianna nodded lightly, “He’ll keep me company I’m sure.”

Of that she was positive. Mo hadn’t left her side since she had named him. The tiny creature, smaller than most his age, followed her around Grimmauld Place for hours yesterday. When she finally decided bed was in order, the cat had curled up around her feet. He had been the reason she awoke as Mo apparently thought crawling up and sitting on her chest was an appropriate morning time routine. She found him staring at her with large eyes, dazed almost. Lianna had shoved the cat off her in a panic, startled by the rather creepy gaze.

Though it wasn’t that she didn’t like the cat, it was just that she wasn’t too comfortable around him or his odd, intense stares.

“He hasn’t left your side, has he?” Her father asked, dropping a hand down to scratch behind Mo’s ears. He moved into the touch, purring loudly against Lianna’s arms.

“Not for a moment.”

Cheri approved, a brilliant smile upon her face, “Zhat is excellent! Oh mon petite lapin, I am so worried for you. It is a new school and you ‘ave no one -”

“Fred and George will watch out for me, Mama,” Lianna muttered.

Cheri wasn’t quite listening, “You need to make new friends. Friends who won’t get you in trouble like zhose wretched twins.”

James and Lianna did their best to ignore her.

For twenty minutes they walked with the chatter of Cheri Walden until they reached the busy King’s Cross Station. Lianna was in awe as she happily watched the Muggles bustle to and fro. She had never been on a train before and her eyes wouldn’t stop dancing with all the sights and sounds about her.

James, who was happy to see his daughter so delighted, led them towards platforms 9 and 10. He motioned to a simple stone wall, one, that when the coast was clear, he disappeared behind. Lianna released a happy cry and followed just after she was certain no one was watching. Cheri was right behind her, giggling to herself as she watched her daughter soak in the sights. Mo slipped from Lianna’s hands, bounding happily around her legs until he settled beside the young witch as she peered at the Hogwarts’ Express.

Before them stood a glorious steam engine with various students hurrying inside and trying to find what Lianna assumed were seats. Parents were bidding their children goodbye, some waving to them on the train while others suffocated their child with kisses and hugs. Lianna couldn’t wipe the smile off her face even when her mother began to sob.

Just as Cheri’s tears began to fall, Tonks, Mrs. Weasley, Harry and Ron appeared from behind the wall with a bear like dog bounding beside them. Sirius had apparently decided to stretch his legs to James Walden’s amusement. He wandered over with a wave towards Molly, happily beaming when Alastor Moody arrived with the luggage. James began to help the old Auror with the trunks.

When everything had been placed upon the train the remainder of the groups arrived; Ginny and the twins with Lupin while Ron and Hermione were with Mr. Weasley. Cheri was still sobbing, still crying as Lianna pulled her thin mother into her arms. Flagwin, who had been upon Lianna’s shoulder, shifted to the back of her neck, clinging to her shirt as he hid underneath her hair.

“Oh Lianna!” Lianna patted her mother awkwardly on the back as the woman held onto her for dear life, “You’ll be good, won’t you?”

“Try my best,” Lianna said with a tiny smile.

“And you’ll write?”

“Always do.”

She never really did.

“Oh I’ll miss you, Lianna! Won’t we James? We’ll miss ‘er so much!”

“Yes, love, we’ll miss our daughter,” laughed the large man as he came up beside them. Lianna struggled from her mother’s hold but the second she was free her father gathered her into a quick hug, “I hope you try to behave. Don’t let those two boys over there get you into too much trouble.”

“I won’t Daddy.”

“I love you, kiddo,” He released her, patting her cheek with a large, calloused hand.

“Love you too,” Lianna began to quiver and quickly she threw her arms back around her father in a tight hold. He chuckled softly. When she released him she mimicked the motion with her crying mother, “Love you, Mama.”

“Oh Lianna!”

Lianna laughed softly to herself and bent down to gather the small cat sitting perched beside her feet. Mrs. Weasley gathered her before she could walk away, nearly squishing poor Mo against their chests.

“Take care of my boys, Lianna. Don’t let them rope you into anything, understand?”

“I do,” breathed the girl, “Thank you for everything this summer.”

Mrs. Weasley smiled, her eyes cheerfully gleaming, “We’ll see you at Christmas.”

A warning whistle sounded out.

“Alright, quick, quick,” Mrs. Weasley called, grabbing her son Ron in another hug, “Be good, write. Hurry, on the train now all of you!”

George was the one to gather Lianna’s wrist, pulling her towards the train’s doorway. She hopped in with Mo in her arms, the remainder of the small group following her. Lianna found herself waving softly as the train started. Her mother was in her father’s arms, the large man holding her with one hand while the other waved happily. Down the platform, following the train, ran Sirius until he disappeared out of sight and was replaced by blurred houses.

A breath Lianna didn’t know she was holding was released.

“Well,” Fred said, draping a heavy arm over Lianna’s shoulder, “can’t stand around chatting all day, we’ve got business to discuss with Lee. Come along, Anna.”

“Bye guys!” Lianna called, gripping to Mo as the twins steered her towards the right.

-----

The train’s halls were tight as students pushed through. Owls hooted and cats hissed and Lianna smiled at the amount of greetings the twins were given. She happily allowed Fred to keep his arm upon her, not because she enjoyed it (thought that was a plus) but because she was nearly certain she would be separated if he hadn’t. George was up ahead, peering into compartments until he came to one with a beaming dark skinned boy supporting long dreadlocks.

“Lee Jordan!” George bellowed, slamming the compartment door open, “Good summer?”

“Alright,” said the boy. He had a beautiful smile, Lianna thought, bright and cheerful. Fred’s hand had drifted to her mid-back where he steered her into the compartment with an encouraging push.

Lee looked over at her, a rather surprised gaze upon his face. She was tall, not as tall as the twins, but they definitely didn’t dwarf her. Her hair was a dark brown, long and fell in perfect waves down her back.

Lianna smiled, “Hello.”

“And who is this pretty lady?” Lee asked with a grin.

Fred beamed, shutting the door behind him, “This would be Miss. Lianna Walden.”

“Her family stayed the summer with us,” George relayed.

“Well sounds like your summer went much better than mine,” laughed the boy. Lianna giggled lightly, letting the cat in her arms slick from her hands. He settled beside Lee, peering up at him with large blue eyes. From behind her hair, Lianna could feel Flagwin shift, using his careful paws to shuffle back to her shoulder.

Lianna caught Lee staring at the miniature dragon, stunned, “This is Flagwin. He’s... my Faerie.”

“Faerie? Bloody hell you two did have a better summer than me!”

“You have no idea,” grinned Fred, plopping down upon the booth across from the boy. He gripped Lianna’s hand, tugging her beside him. She released an ‘ouph’ as she fell against the hard cushion. Flagwin snorted at the sudden drop, his claws digging into her shirt.

“Got anymore of those?” Lee wondered. His eyes wouldn’t stop watching the tiny dragon but Lianna figured it was simply because he had never seen something like Flagwin before. The Fire Faerie, who decided he’d prefer to look out the window, had fluttered up and off Lianna’s shoulder. He nearly smacked himself against the glass as he watched the blurring houses turn into blurring green fields.

“5 more,” Lianna replied, “They’re somewhere around here.”

Earlier that morning, the remainder of her Faeries had decided it’d be best to survey the station. Boredom had set in for most of them about a week ago and Lianna didn’t have it in her heart to tell them to wait. Flagwin was the only one who preferred to sleep in with the witch than disappear with a crack before dawn broke.

Most of the day flew by with the twins and Lee discussing, in a passion Lianna was envious of, the pranks and products they had all planned together. Lianna spent that time snoozing with her head against the window and her feet pulled in Fred’s lap. Mo had curled up upon her legs, pawing at the teasing Flagwin who seemed to like to amuse the cat by bobbing up and down.

Around late noon after the kind trolley lady had gone by and all three boys happily purchased most of the sweets, Lianna sat up with a yawn and a smear of chocolate frog across her cheek. Fred motioned it with a grin and she wiped it off another yawn slipping out. The amount of chocolate she had consumed had been near dangerous levels that were quickly trying to put her to sleep.

“Gonna fall asleep on us again, are you?” Fred asked, watching as the girl slid to her feet.

“Nah,” She breathed, dropping Mo into the boy’s lap, “I think I’m going to go for a walk. Stretch my legs a bit.”

“Don’t need us to come with you?” George teased, “You may need protection from those nasty Slytherins.”

“Hah,” She ruffled his hair with another yawn, “I think I can handle them. I’ll be back in a bit. Have fun boys.”

They bid her a delightful goodbye while she took her time, humming and drifting down the corridor. Students hidden behind their compartment doors were too entrapped in their own conversations to notice the new girl peering about. Her pale eyes wandered here and there, drifting as she attempted to find any of her Faeries. None seemed to be about the area, none her eyes spotted anyway.

Lianna walked for awhile, dazing off long enough that she didn’t notice the study boy walking towards her. Roughly, she smacked right into what felt like a rock wall. Both stumbled backward with a heavy crash but the laughter coming from the compartment beside them was too loud to alert anyone of their spill.

“Son of a banshee,” Lianna hissed, her arse sore from the fall, “Are you alright?”

She looked up to see a rather broad shouldered boy sitting upon the corridor floor with a dazed look on his face. He was huge, probably about her height and appeared to be able to crush bones with just his hand. His eyes were small, his arms long and he had short brown hair shaved close to his head.

“I’m sorry,” She spoke, pushing herself back to her feet. Lianna placed a hand down in front of the boy. He was dressed in dark jeans and a black shirt. He stared at it for a while until he gathered the tiny mitt in his large palm. She pulled him up, struggled until he gathered his footing.

“Are you alright?” Lianna asked again.

“Er, fine,” the boy said.

“You sure?” He was still holding on to her hand until he released a quick nod. “I’m Lianna.”

“Goyle, er Gregory Goyle.”

“Gregory?” She mouthed the name for a while, “Well sorry about that Gregory. I wasn’t paying much attention.”

A dumb smile flitted over his lips. It looked unsure like he wasn’t use to grinning so softly.

“It’s alright,” Gregory paused, rubbing the back of his head, “You’re new.”

He stated it without a second thought. It was quite clear Hogwarts was small enough people would know Lianna was an outsider. She supposed her accent didn’t help matters much either.

“I am,” She said with a light laugh, “I’m going into my seventh year. How about you?”

“F-Fifth,” He muttered. His voice was deep, raspy and held a rather slow tone to it.

“I loved my fifth year,” Lianna expressed, “I’m from SHSA.”

Gregory looked confused, “Where’s that?”

“Canada but don’t be worried about not knowing. Barely anyone’s heard of it. We were a small school,” She smiled at him, “Anyway, I suppose I better make my way back to my cabin. I’ll see you later Greg.”

“B-Bye!” He raised a hand in a nervous wave. Lianna grinned brightly and walked off, humming gently as she went.

-----

It was dark when the Hogwarts’ Express pulled into the small station in Hogsmeade. Lianna had already dressed herself in the uniform Mrs. Weasley had so kindly let out. It fit perfectly now or at least it did for what was once a too small skirt and top. She shifted the knit vest and began tugging at the plain grey tie until Lianna felt a hand grab hers, stopping her from nearly ripping the fabric right off her neck.

“You gotta calm down, love,” Fred spoke, laughter hanging in his voice. The train was coming to a stop and the sooner it came to a halt the sooner she’d be to being sorted.

“Sorry,” Lianna muttered for what was probably the fifth time that evening, “Just a little nervous about this sorting.”

“Oh you’re gonna be fine,” George called, “You’ll be dropped right into Gryffindor.”

“Really?” Lee asked, “I figured she’d be in Hufflepuff.”

Fred snorted, “No bloody way. Not this one!”

Lianna wasn’t positive if that was a compliment or not but she kept her mouth shut and began to shift in her seat again. The grey socks she had pulled to her knees were slowly slipping down to the simple black flats she bore nearly every year.

“2 sickles she’s in Hufflepuff,” Lee said with a bright beam.

George scoffed, “Might as well hand ‘em over now.”

Lianna wasn’t as certain as the twins were and suddenly she stood, impatiently pacing near the window. Mo was sleeping soundly on Lee’s lap. He had promised her he’d bring the cat to the castle. Lianna was meant to go to the boats, something she was also nervous about. She didn’t want to be dislodged from the twins’ side. She felt safe there and though her nerves were still bursting through it was nothing compared to what it would be when she was left alone. Flagwin, who was back to hiding beneath her hair, nuzzled the back of her neck.

“Come on than, Anna, train’s stopped,” Fred said, gathering her hand in his and tugging her out of the compartment. It was filled to the brim with students but the tall boy and his brother pushed through with ease.

Upon stepping off the platform Lianna was looking around wildly, spinning at all the students wandering off and heading towards what George said would be the horseless carriages. The station was a grand building built of stone near the Hogwarts lake. At the end of the platform was a dock with various boats lined up and ready to be used. An elderly witch with a sharp chin and greying hair was bustling about the area.

“First years! First years line up over here please!” she called with a crisp voice, “All first years to me!”

“Huh,” George muttered, dropping beside his brother and Lianna. She was clutching Fred’s hand dangerously tight, her eyes locked to the various colours lining students from all four houses. They were all wandering towards the opposite end of the platform, “Wonder were ol’ Hagrid’s at?”

“Grubbly-Plank took over,” Fred relayed, just as curious as his brother, “Well Anna, you best be off. She’ll be lookin’ for you.”

“I...”

“Don’t worry, Anna,” George said, smiling, “You’ll be placed in Gryffindor. No doubt about it.”

“Right,” but she wasn’t so certain. Her father had been in Hufflepuff and she supposedly took after him. What was stopping her from going there? Lianna sighed and desperately began to hope Ginny had been right about the Sorting Hat. She’d do her damn hardest to ask the Hat to place her in Gryffindor.

“I’ll take her over than,” Fred said with a chuckle, “Seems like little Anna forgot how to move.”

Fred’s hand, which she had clung to so tightly, shifted so he could lace his fingers with hers. A blush rose to her cheeks but she didn’t seemed to notice it the closer and closer she got to the docks. Her nerves for school overthrew any nerves she held for the boy so dangerously close.

“Ah,” Grubbly-Plank, a stout woman, said, “You must be Lianna Walden. Don’t look so nervous, dear, you’ll be fine. Nothing but first years in the boat.”

“R-Right,” Lianna muttered but Grubbly-Plank didn’t hear her as she hurried over to stop a rambunctious first year from falling into the water. Fred slipped his hand away from hers. “I’ll... I’ll see you after, Fred.”

“We’ll save you a seat at the table,” He said with a wink.

Lianna didn’t look at him. She couldn’t look at him because not only were her nerves taking over but the flush of her cheeks seemed to darken while she vaguely nodded her head.

“Hey Anna,” Fred’s warm breath brushed against her ear. She hadn’t realized how close he had gotten.

“Y-Yeah?” Her head moved, tilting to peer over her shoulder and suddenly those worried eyes widened as soft lips grasped at her own.

She couldn’t exactly pin when he gather her hips, twisting her build so she faced him because Fred Weasley had moved far too fast for her stunned mind to gather. His lips were pressed against hers softly, smiling and he pulled away seconds later. Lianna hadn’t time react, her eyes were still wide and her jaw dropped. Fred’s hands were still gripping to the top of her hips, his eyes dancing as he laughed into the night air.

“W-What -”

“By the way,” He said with a wink, “These -” He squeezed her hips with tight fingers, “- are bloody amazing.”

He then walked off, grinning as she stood there with a dazed look, trying desperately to process everything that had just occurred.

“W-What? WAIT! You can’t just walk away!”

Fred turned around with a grin, “We’ll save you a seat, love!”

“Come along Lianna, got a bit of a ride to the school,” Grubbly-Plank called but Lianna didn’t hear her. She was busy staring, watching as the tall redhead Fred Weasley joined his laughing brother and the bright eyed Lee Jordan.

Her fingertips graced her lips and a small giggle fell out as she slowly turned and headed towards the boat. Butterflies were fluttering in her stomach but they were no longer caused by the Sorting.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a rather long chapter, or at least, a few pages longer than I usually make. I hope that won't be a problem. I tried to condensing it a little, hopefully that didn't ruin anything.

Thank you to;
gingerpygmypuff
Taste
Green Raspberries.
la dispute.
luvergurl010

for all the amazing comments! You honestly do make me want to write faster :) and I am so glad you are sticking by me with this story. It'll be a very interesting end !