Blessed With Iridescent Wings

A Midnight Rendezvous

Lianna’s favourite place at Superior Haunted Shores Academy had been the garden in the front entrance courtyard. It was tended to every season by Professor Maher, who taught Herbology, and his wife Janet who helped out in the kitchens on Sunday. In the spring the colours were soft and gentle with lines of baby pink and daffodil yellows. The summer was bold and bright with striking blues and blinding fuchsias while autumn brought about rich reds and oranges that mimicked the falling leaves. When the cool Ontario winter came in, the delicate colours were washed away and replaced by thick evergreens riddled with snow. Regardless of the season, the front yard garden would always be Lianna’s favourite place and would always be able to take her breath away.

The remainder of SHSA had never been able to do that and never would. Lianna assumed that was what made Hogwarts different. Every stone wall, etched with age or covered with a pristine portrait left Lianna’s jaw near the floor. The way the stairs moved, the statues talked and even how high the ceiling was made the castle of Hogwarts desperately amazing. Lianna wondered if she had started her first year here if she would’ve been more interested in her classes. Back home, locked in whitewashed walls and dull carpet flooring left her sleeping on her desk but here her eyes couldn’t stop moving.

There was so much to see and she was quite jealous that the twins had gotten to spend their entire school years here.

Even her dorm room, a large area she shared with four other girls, made her eyes bug. In SHSA, for the six years she had been there, she shared a room with Chelsea Archer. It had been how they met and a coincidence they lived in the same city. Their room, with their mothers’ aid, had been decked out every year with blinding colours like purple, lime green and a pink that would make anyone puke. They tried their hardest by placing up muggle posters of scantily clad men and pop stars they both adored to try and make it seem like home but they never found that warmth they craved.

The Hogwarts’ dorm, on the other hand, was brilliant and despite the stone walls and flooring Lianna wanted nothing more than to hurry to that four poster bed, the one with her blue trunk at the end, and curl up right underneath the red quilt. Maybe it was just because she was exhausted or maybe it was because she was excited to be somewhere new but Lianna felt happy being at school. It could’ve been because of the twins or because this was her last year and she’d never have to come back again but whatever it was, Lianna was delighted when she pushed open her dorm door.

Five identical wooden beds with red curtains were placed about the circular room, each with a different trunk at their ends and windows bordering their sides. A stove, which clearly warmed the rooms in the winter, sat in the center and a jug of fresh water was upon the window sill next to Lianna’s bed.

Next to the stove crowded Lianna’s dorm mates and floating in the center of the four curious girls was the bright yellow light of Suane’s hovering body. Lianna quietly shut the door behind her; the chatter from Angelina, Alicia and the two others Lianna was certain she had seen at dinner was far too loud for them to hear the click. Suane noticed the silent brunette first and rushed towards her with an excited cry.

“Oh Lianna!”sang the Faerie, “How I’ve missed you!”

All four heads turned, following as the Faerie stopped just about the new girl’s face. Lianna nervously pushed a strand of long hair behind her ears and tried her hardest to avoid the looks she was given. They weren’t exactly scrutinizing or sneering but the confusion and astonishment upon them left the girl a little wary.

“Hello Suane,” Lianna replied, a soft smile slipping over her plump lips, “Did you like your time away?”

It had been over a month since the Light Faerie had requested a moment of leave to take the time and explore the secrets of Hogwarts. Lianna had missed her, of course, but it was hard for the longing to set in when distracted nearly every minute of every day by the two fiery red heads down in the common room.

“Oh it was just delightful, Lianna,” Her ghostly build, an ash colour almost seemed flushed for a moment, “I am certain you are going to enjoy your time here. I have so many stories I can tell you. The ghosts tell such excellent tales.”

“That’s wonderful,” breathed the girl, smiling as the Faerie gushed, “Have you seen the others?”

Since early that morning, Lianna hadn’t seen any of her Faeries, other than the sleeping dragon behind her hair. They had disappeared on the train and when she slipped into the boats to be sorted, she assumed they had gone to the castle to explore.

Suane nodded lightly, “Yes, I spoke with Oceana just before you were sorted. They’ve all found residence about the castle. She’s taken quite the liking to the lake. Did you know there are merpeople in its depths?”

“I didn’t -”

“She has gone to speak with them. We suspect Laticia is about the Astronomy tower but I believe it to be off limits if you are not in the class.”

Lianna nodded. She assumed she’d have to sneak in than to speak with her friend. She never did have much of an attention span for Astronomy and had foolishly fallen asleep through most of her classes.

“Blumella can be found at the green houses if you need her and I believe Turnox can be found in the dungeons. He enjoys the dampness, you see.”

“And you? What’s your favourite place?”

Suane smiled, a wispy look that made her wise face seem young, “I have found the library to be my new home. Madame Pince has kindly allowed me the privilege to read many of her books. I have just taken out Hairy Snout, Human Heart -”

“You’ve read that one about three times now,” said Lianna, suddenly realizing she had forgotten about the faces staring at her. Suane, whose delicate smile never faltered, released a light laugh.

“Yes, well, I do quite enjoy it. Now I am sure you would prefer to speak with your new friends in silence. I will come see you sometime tomorrow. Oceana has stated she plans to stop by in the morning to see you off to breakfast.”

“Thanks Suane,” Lianna muttered.

“Have a good night, Lianna.”

The Faerie disappeared with a crack of blinding light.

“I thought you couldn’t apparate in Hogwarts,” said the nameless girl on the left. She was thin, thinner than Lianna with blue eyes and tangled brown hair. In her arms laid Mo, happily purring as the girl’s boney fingers scratched behind his ear.

“You can’t,” Angelina replied, “At least we can’t.”

“Faeries have... stronger magic than we do,” Lianna said softly. She felt so out of place, so estranged and she really didn’t like it, “They have ways to bend the rules.”

“Probably why You-Know-You tried to kill them all then.”

It was the other girl Lianna didn’t know. She had ruby red lips, large eyes and pale skin. Her hair, black as night, fell over her shoulders perfectly straight. She was an absolute bombshell.

“Darla!” Alicia hissed but Darla shrugged because apparently she didn’t see what she did wrong. Lianna nervously gulped and began to fiddle behind her hair for the one piece of sanctuary she held. Flagwin snorted and shifted but went without a fight as she cradled him in her hands.

“So you’re a Faerie Master?”

It was Angelina, the pretty girl with long braided hair who Lianna had met at dinner. She had apparently been made the new Gryffindor team captain.

“Sort of,” Lianna replied back, shifting the tiny Faerie in her hands. Flagwin snorted, the warm puff of smoke nearly burning her skin, “Watch it you!”

Alicia was the first to step up and peer down at the little creature. She pushed her falling hair over her shoulder and cautiously reached a tiny finger forward, “I can touch him, can’t I? He won’t bite?”

“Oh Merlin no,” Lianna said, “Flagwin here is as tame as a dog. He’s just a little curious so don’t be too surprised if you find him watching you at some point.”

Angelina had wandered over, “He looks like a Horntail. You sure he’s a Faerie?”

“Pretty sure,” replied Lianna, laughing lightly. She had carefully placed the tiny dragon into Alicia’s warm hands. The girl was peering curiously down at Flagwin and Flagwin was curiously peering up at her.

“He’s adorable,” said the girl with Mo in her arms, “So you have more than just these two?”

Lianna nodded, “I have six Faeries that travel with me but they’re all about the castle -”

“They don’t follow you?” asked Darla, arms crossed over her large chest, “I was told Faeries always follow their Masters.”

“Right, well, I’m sort of a Faerie Master.”

“Sort of? How can you be sort of a Faerie Master?”

“Darla,” Alicia hissed, “Stop prying! Merlin, you’re such a nosy git!”

Darla raised an unimpressed eyebrow, an eyebrow that was so perfect it looked as though it had been pencil drawn. Lianna hurriedly began to look between both girls. Angelina was rolling her eyes and the girl who held Lianna’s cat had gone over to sit upon her bed. Alicia held a snarl upon her lips.

“Look,” Lianna cut in, “It’s fine. I don’t mind answering any questions.”

Alicia scoffed, “If she has anymore she can be a little more polite about them, right Darla?”

“Whatever Spinnet,” Darla brushed by them and the door Lianna had once shut was retched opened, slamming as the black haired girl disappeared downstairs.

“Off to see Williams,” Angelina muttered, “I don’t suspect back she’ll be back tonight.”

“Williams?” Lianna dared to ask.

Alicia sighed, carefully handing off the little dragon, “Her boyfriend in Ravenclaw. They’ve been dating for awhile.”

“She doesn’t like us much,” said the nameless girl.

Angelina shrugged, “That one probably should’ve been in Slytherin. I still can’t understand why the Sorting Hat would place her with us.”

“Doesn’t matter much, does it?” Alicia spoke, “She’s never here anyway. She might as well just move her trunk over to the Ravenclaw tower.”

Lianna kept her mouth shut and move cautiously through the thick tension and straight towards her bed. She placed the bright eyed Flagwin upon her pillow, watching as he stood up and began to root for a comfier spot just like a dog did.

Alicia had turned to Lianna, her face tired and apologetic, “Sorry about that. I don’t usually fly off the handle.”

“Not a problem,” Lianna replied with a light smile.

“Oh blimey,” a loud laugh fell from Alicia’s mouth and that thick wall of tension Lianna was feeling disappeared, “I almost forgot. Lianna, this is Patricia Stimpson.”

“Hello,” Patricia said, Mo held gently within her arms, “This is your cat, right? He’s very loving.”

“He won’t leave you alone once you start petting him,” Lianna grinned, “His name is Mo.”

“Mo?” Patricia seemed amused, “Well I don’t mind. I have a cat at home but Mum said he was too old to take to school. I do miss him though. He’s just a little darker than your Mo.”

Thank Merlin, Lianna thought. At least there was someone who was willing to give that cat the undivided attention it thought it so deserved.

“Merlin, I’m exhausted,” Angelina called, a loud yawn breaking through the air, “I’m going to get ready for bed. Would you like me to show you to the bathrooms?”

“Oh, no, I’m sure I’ll find it alright. I’m going back down to the common room anyway. I wanted to take a look around,” said Lianna. She bid the remaining three girls a quick goodnight before hurrying out and down the stone steps.

-----

Downstairs Lianna found the Weasley twins near what appeared to be a large notice board. Pieces of parchment were tacked all over it, some with brilliant colours and other written in thin ink Lianna could barely make out. Fred was placing a large sheet of parchment up when Lianna slid between them.

“What are you two doing?”

“Thought we’d start advertising early,” George explained, pointing to their scraggly handwriting.

Fred nodded, “With only three classes each we’ve got plenty of time on our hands.”

“Wish I was that big of a slacker,” Lianna teased, grinning at the message before her. It offered gold in exchange for ‘virtually’ painless jobs, jobs she was certain involved testing a few of the boys’ products.

George released a bark of a laugh, “We have much better things to do than study, Anna.”

“So did I but I still seem to have 5 classes. Now how come I didn’t get paid for testing those nosebleed nougats that nearly killed me?”

“Oh Merlin, here we go again!” George released a dramatic cry, “Anna, you were nowhere near dying. Tonks whipped you right back into shape -”

“And without Tonks where would I be right now, Georgie? 10 feet underground?”

Fred grinned, his arm dumping itself over top of her robe covered shoulders, “We’d never let you die, Anna. Besides we’ve got everything mostly under control now.”

“Still haven’t gotten the bugs outta the nougats though...” George reminded him, “Wouldn’t recommend testing those anytime soon.”

“Couldn’t have known that when you gave me one?” Lianna was grinning, beaming as George threw his arms into the air dramatically and Fred released such a theatrical sigh she found herself giggling loudly, “Calm down you two, I’m just kidding... though I wouldn’t mind a couple galleons in my pocket.”

“How about this,” Fred said with a grin, “George here will buy you a couple butterbeer the next Hogsmeade trip and I’ll -”

“A couple of butterbeer? That’s barely even six sickles worth -”

“That’s my offer, Anna, take it or leave it!”

Fred had this look in his eye, this mischievous gleam that made her a little nervous. She watched him for a moment, both of their eyes locked as her teeth subconsciously began to pull her bottom lip into her mouth.

“Well what do you plan to give me than?”

George snorted but his mouth stayed shut and when Lianna went to demand he tell her what he knew, the common room door opened and Harry Potter came wandering in. Beside him was a shy looking boy with fair hair, a round face and a chubby build. In his arms was a strange looking cactus that Lianna was certain was a Mimbulus Mimbletonia. She could’ve been wrong though, Herbology wasn’t her strongest class. She had passed with just an A.

Waving happily, Lianna shifted Fred’s arm off her shoulder, “Hello Harry! How are you?”

“Alright, Anna,” Harry muttered, “Congrats by the way. Knew you’d be in Gryffindor.”

“Why thank you, darling!” Her face was bright and cheerful and for a moment she forgot about that suspicious little snort George had made, “Who’s this?”

“Oh, uh, Neville L-Longbottom,” said the boy, “It’s nice to meet you, Lianna. I, uh, I heard you’re a Faerie Master. Never knew about them before. Harry told me all about you at dinner.”

Lianna beamed, her smile nearly warmer than the crackling fireplace, “It’s nice to meet you too, Neville. Both of you heading up to bed?”

“Yeah,” Harry replied. He looked tired, exhausted but Lianna wasn’t certain it was from the lack of sleep, “Good night guys.”

“Night Harry!” Both the twins chirped simultaneously. Lianna waved lightly as Harry and Neville continued their way towards the stairs.

There were a few people left in the room, the four of them warming their hands by the large fireplace. It took up the entirety of one wall, to Lianna’s astonishment. Scarlet tapestries decorated the stone walls while cozy red armchairs and couches sprinkled the floor. There were various tables spotted about for doing homework and Lianna wondered how long she’d be able to avoid sitting down at one for such an occasion.

“Merlin,” She gushed, “Your common room is so much better than ours were.”

The four girls, each happily chatting about the oncoming school day, began to move away from the large fireplace just as Lianna wandered over. One bid her a goodnight while the remaining three scurried off before she could reply back.

“And these couches!” Lianna cried as she dropped gracelessly upon their fluffy cushions, “Did you know our couches smelt like old hot dog water? It was ridiculous!”

“Well whatever hot dog water is,” Fred said as he mimicked the girl’s slapdash movement, “It does sound rather unpleasant.”

“It snuck,” She reiterated, grinning as she kicked off her flats and threw her feet as close to the warm fire as possible. “Where’s Lee, by the way?”

“Ate too much,” George said, leaning his build against the back of the couch, “Last time we were upstairs he was snoring worse than Hermione. Probably should go check on the bloke though, make sure he hasn’t mistaken his pillow for a large cauldron cake or something.”

Lianna snickered, “Good night George.”

With a lavished wave, the tall redhead stalked off towards the stairs leaving Lianna and his brother warming themselves on the couch.

“This fireplace is even bigger than the one at Sirius’ house,” Lianna muttered, trying her hardest to forget she was alone with Fred.

The second George had wandered off and her head realized she’d be alone with the boy she hadn’t been able to get off her mind since the middle of summer; Lianna’s heart began to race. She was certain he could see the sweat pooling on her forehead and began to fluff at her hair, staring anywhere but at his face.

“You know, you all go to bed rather early here,” She tried teasing, watching as Fred too kicked off his shoes and plopped his feet near the heath. His legs were much longer and she was certain the socks he wore would burst into flames if he moved any closer.

“Can’t all be night owls like you, Anna,” He grinned, “What do you lot do if you didn’t head to bed?”

“Well,” She turned to him, a bright smile across her lips, “Someone would go find a bottle of a Firewhiskey – usually was Kaleb – and we’d play ‘Never Have I Ever’ until the sun rose.”

“Never Have I Ever?” Fred asked.

Lianna nodded happily, “It’s a Muggle game. You either take shots or drinks but basically you state something like never have I ever flown on a plane and whoever’s done what you say has to take a shot. It gets pretty dirty real fast.”

So Fred asked Lianna about other Muggle games and about SHSA until their feet were so hot that Lianna had pulled off her socks and brought the scorching appendages upon the couch. She told him how the first day of classes were always a write off and how she’d happily go in hung over because they all lasted about a half an hour. She even told him about the courtyard garden and how it was her favourite place in her entire school and how her room used to be filled with sickening pinks and purples.

They talked until Lianna realized she wasn’t sweating anymore and how her heart had calmed to normal levels and any sense of fear disappeared into the crackling fire.

Lianna released a small yawn, “So tell me, if George is buying me butterbeer what are you going to give me?”

Fred released a loud laugh, “Sometimes I think you’ve got more determination than George and I combined.”

“Well with you two I’ve got to have some pretty intense willpower, don’t I?”

She expected him to play up a mock hurt but Fred only laughed his charming chuckle and Lianna felt her heart swoon. Her face was beaming, her eyes dancing as she watched him run a hand through his fiery hair.

“So?”

Fred grinned, “You sure you want it now?”

“As long as it’s not going to dye my hair red again.”

“Oh I can guarantee it won’t be your hair turning red,” he said with a wink. Lianna opened her mouth, went to object because she wasn’t certain she wanted any of her body parts changing colour when she found his lips against her own again.

Just as Fred predicted her cheeks burst into a flame of colour that matched the boy’s hair and she found herself giggling as she pressed back against his kiss. Her hands, a fumbling mess because this was Fred Weasley she was kissing, began to cling to the white button up shirt he wore, wrinkling it beyond measure. His hands, large and calloused, had dug themselves into her hair, cupping her head as she struggled to push herself closer. Lianna’s legs, bare and covered in nothing but a skirt that had been hiked up, shuffled until she found them straddling his build and her own sat in his lap.

Both pulled away, cheeks red and breath ragged.

“Think that’s worth a couple galleons?” Fred teased, watching as the girl licked at her lips..

“No,” She whispered, “Not at all.”

How he was hoping she’d say that.

At once, they both moved forward, her hand slipping from his shirt and into his tousled hair, his sliding down and gripping tightly to those hips he so adored until he found the bum that he liked to stare at when she wasn’t looking. Lianna kissed with a pent up strain as she nipped at his bottom lip and he, in turn, ferociously pulled her closer until no room was left between them.

Their lips danced together for what Lianna assumed was only fifteen minutes but when she pulled away for the final time, her forehead leaning against his own, she realized they had been there for much longer. With ragged breath, the two had nipped and groped at each other for forty-five minutes, each never willing to let the other go.

Fred’s hair was a mess, his cheeks flushed and there was a lazy smile lying upon his lips. She giggled, dropping her head into the crook of his neck as her body panted.

“Probably should go to bed,” murmured Lianna, her hands draped about his neck.

“I wasn’t that dreadful, was I?” Fred teased. She giggled, lifting her head to peer at him with pale green eyes. Oh no, he wasn’t dreadful at all, in fact, if they had been in a bed Lianna was positive she would’ve happily torn that shirt off of him.

“No, no,” Lianna grinned, planting a wet kiss upon his cheek, “You were quite good.”

“Best you ever snogged?”

“Now I wouldn’t go that far.”

Fred gasped but she kissed his lips rapidly and he found his hands slipping into her dark locks once again.

Lianna pulled away slowly, trying her hardest to ignore the lips kissing her jaw line, “So much for that willpower, eh?”

“No girl can resist a Weasley,” Fred teased.

Lianna laughed loudly, reaching a hand to cover her mouth and block the loud sound, “Maybe it’s just the Weasley twins because it’s safe to say I can’t see myself jumping your little brother Ronald.”

Fred grinned, “I hope not. You’d break Ron if you snogged him like that and I don’t think Mum would be too happy.”

With another loud laugh, Lianna forced herself off Fred’s lap, a rather difficult feat when he was gripping to her so perfectly. She fell beside him with a gush of air and murmured again they should head up to bed. It was a half hearted request really but she figured they might as well or some poor first year was going to come wandering down in the morning and find them still groping on the couch.

After a brief goodnight that involved Fred’s hands tangled in her hair, Lianna walked off with a swagger up the stairs and a grin that would hurt her cheeks in the morning. Squealing and giggling, Lianna reached her dorm room still out of breath as she tried to pat down her hair. With her excitement muffled, she pushed open the heavy door and hurried towards her bed. Her remaining roommates were fast asleep and she could hear the gentle snores of who she suspected was Angelina as she shifted on her pyjamas under her covers.

The blush Lianna had been barring for most of the summer had seemed to die. There was this confidence riding in her chest, this pound of her heart that told her she had made out with Fred for a good hour and he hadn’t pulled away. They weren’t dating but the affection she had given just moments ago soared through her build. So much for suffocating that crush, she thought with a quiet laugh. Fred had made sure that wouldn’t happen for quite awhile and Lianna couldn’t have been happier.

Like a giggling little schoolgirl, a goofy grin slipped over her lips as she pulled her heavy quilt over top her head and released another childish squeal. When Angelina snorted and began to toss and turn, Lianna muffled her giggling with her pillow until finally she drifted off into a delightful sleep.

-----

Lianna awoke to the feeling of water dripping down her neck. It was cool like ice and seemed to be dribbling down from her cheek.

“Wake up, Lianna,” spoke a chilling voice. At first she assumed it was mother and then realized her mother couldn’t be here because she was at school. Her eyes slowly slipped open, blinking feverously until the glow of blue above her began to focus.

“Good morning,” said Oceana, a single droplet of water sitting neatly in her webbed hand, “Did you have a good sleep?”

“What?” asked the drowsy girl. Slowly, she pushed herself up and found that her cat Mo was lying at her feet, sound asleep. Above her Oceana giggled lightly, the water droplet vanishing into thin air as Lianna tiredly ran her hands over her face.

“I was asked to come wake you,” the Faerie explained, “Fred and George would like to bring you to breakfast.”

“What time is it?”

“Just after seven, Lianna, now up you get. Go take a shower. I’ll let them know you’re changing.”

“R-Right,” Lianna muttered and with a crack of light, Oceana disappeared. Slipping out of bed, the new girl shuffled to find a towel and clothing in her trunk. The remainder of her roommates were still quietly snoozing so she hurried out as silently as possible and headed straight towards the bathrooms.

20 minutes later and the shortest shower Lianna had ever taken; she wandered down towards the common room. It was bustling with students, each heading straight for the entrance way after their eyes glazed over the notice board. Fred and George were upon the couch, the fire still crackling in front of them. Fred had lifted his head first to find the tired looking Walden girl wandering straight towards them. Her cheeks flushed when he winked her way but her eyes held onto his as a small little smirk slipped over her lips.

“Well if it isn’t our little Anna,” George looked around, a mischievous grin upon his face. She was nearly certain he knew exactly what happened last night, “Sleep well?”

“Pretty good,” and she released another loud yawn, “When’s breakfast served?”

“7:30,” Fred said with a laugh.

“Well than let’s go!” Lianna chirped, shifting the red and gold tie she had loosely thrown about her neck. Her father had taught her how to tie it and though she watched him for hours on end, she still couldn’t seem to get the knot exactly right.

“Someone’s bossy this morning,” teased George.

Lianna replied with a bright grin, “That’s what you get when you wake me up. Do we get our schedules down there?”

“McGongall passes ‘em out,” explained Fred as he pushed himself off the couch. His robe, which had been lying beside him, was pulled on. His brother, George, followed lead, “Come along than!”

Lianna followed the twins out, asked about Lee but George explained the boy was still sleeping and did her best to remember exactly which way they were going. The Great Hall was bursting with delighted students all happily helping themselves to eggs and toast and bacon. The twins led Lianna to their table, plates ready and waiting. She hurried began to gather a grouping of bacon the moment she shoved herself upon the bench.

“Miss. Walden,” Professor McGonagall’s voice spoke. Lianna looked over her shoulder to see the stiff woman draped in dark robes handing her a piece of parchment. She hadn’t even noticed her wandering about before, “Your timetable.”

“Oh, thank you,” she muttered back, taking the parchment and hurriedly began scanning it.

The twins were given the same simple treatment and once she was certain she gave the correct schedule to the correct boy, McGonagall walked off to hand more pieces of paper to the new arrivals in the Great Hall.

“I have Herbology first thing this morning,” Lianna said, shoving her plate forward so she could lay her schedule down, “What about you two?”

“Well my dear Anna, my lovely brother Fred didn’t pass Herbology so it’s just going to be you and me,” George said with a wink. George couldn’t make her blush like Fred could.

She laughed, “Oh, isn’t this going to be fun! What about you Fred? If you didn’t pass Herbology what did you get?”

“Transfiguration,” replied the boy, “And it appears we don’t have that until Tuesday.”

Lianna snatched his schedule, “You lucky boy! You have one class today!”

“Ah but I have to spend the remainder of my day recruiting first years -”

She cut him off with a snort, “Like that’s going to be hard. You were able to sucker me into being a tester and you weren’t even paying me.”

“Though I did hear you got some payment last night -”

Lianna smacked George in the gut while Fred released such a loud laugh it stirred attention from across the Hall. A few students at the Hufflepuff table were peering at them oddly.

“What else do you have, love?” asked Fred as he snatched the girl’s schedule from the table. She was too busy to notice as she firing rather sharp looks at his brother. George was grinning, beaming and began to innocently pile a few eggs upon Lianna’s plate. She released a loud unimpressed cry and gathered the plate into her hands.

“Just Care of Magical Creatures,” Lianna finally replied but Fred had already seen and noticed her fifth class wouldn’t be until Wednesday afternoon.

“To bad Hagrid’s not here,” spoke George, “You would’ve really liked him.”

“Why? Where is he?” She wondered but both the twins shrugged and Lianna was left picking at her eggs.

“Grubbly-Plank will be teaching you,” Fred explained, “She was the one who brought you across the lake.”

“Right,” Lianna took her schedule back, “Who teaches Herbology?”

George explained it was a woman named Sprout. When she asked about her other classes, the twins told her about the Professors and where the various classrooms could be found. She figured it didn’t really matter much because she’d be following both of them around for awhile anyway, at least until she got the hang of this school. They were in nearly every class she had.

With only five O.W.Ls Lianna hoped she would be able to get at least one N.E.W.T to keep her mother happy. It would be quite the accomplishment if she did because most of her classes she had only been able to swing an A in. Part of her told her that was because studying the night before wasn’t the smartest idea but the other said she just didn’t care enough and just wasn’t smart enough to get any higher.

If she got one N.E.W.T she’d be over the moon ecstatic. If she got two, well, she was certain her mother would buy her a whole new wardrobe. Lianna released a light scoff as she pushed Fred’s hands away from the bacon on her plate. If she was actually thinking she was going to pass these classes, well damn, did she have another thing coming. Lianna could pretend to be excited about school but she knew at least two weeks in she’d forget about homework and anything that had to do with passing.

It was her final year after all, did she really want to spend it worrying about marks or would she rather try and get in every last bit of freedom before the real world kicked in at the end of June?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay. I've been running around a lot lately and heading out to camp doesn't help matters much. There's no service there. The plan for this chapter had to be cut in half because it ended up being way to long and yet I stil hit 13 pages. I cut two at the end because I didn't want to overwhelm anyone. haha.

Hopefully you all enjoyed this one.

Thank you so much to;

gingerpygmypuff
shellrob91
la dispute.

for such wonderful comments :) They always make my day when I see them!