Blessed With Iridescent Wings

September 2nd

It had begun raining nearly seconds after Lianna and the twins had left the Great Hall. With about a half an hour to spare before Herbology, Fred and George wanted to try and sell off a couple products to their fellow students. Lianna, who didn’t seem to find joy in sitting around waiting, said she was going to go find her new classroom. With rather vague directions, ones that the twins gave her with rather baffling arm movements, she found herself standing just before a large archway, watching the rain fall.

It was a soothing sight, a peaceful one that seemed to lull her into a daze as she peered off at the many rippling puddles along the cobblestone walkway. The air was cool and fresh and such a relief from the rather sticky summer she had dealt with over the past two months. Barely noticing the students rushing past her, Lianna released a yelp when a small hand began to tug at her sleeve.

“Sorry!” apologised the voice. Peering down, Lianna found the tiny, large eyed Thomas Chasing gazing up at her, “I called your name, you know, but you didn’t answer.”

She released a light laugh, “Oh, sorry about that. I was dazing.”

Thomas smiled. His small body, short and thin for his age, was covered in the Gryffindor uniform, something he seemed to wear proudly.

“Congratulations by the way,” said Lianna, a bright smile dancing over her lips, “I know it’s not Ravenclaw but -”

“I don’t mind,” Tom cut in, his smile mimicking that of the older girl’s, “I think Da’s gonna be happy too. I wrote him a letter this mornin’ tellin’ him all about the sorting. I even told him about you, I hope you don’t mind.”

A bright laugh sang through the air, “Of course not. So tell me, what class are you headed off to?”

“Oh, er,” He began fishing through his robe pockets. Lianna watched with a bright eyed amusement as little Thomas shuffled about until he pulled a crumpled piece of parchment out, “Here.”

Taking the small parchment, Lianna’s eyes skimmed it until a frown, one she tried her hardest to hide, shone through.

“You have potions first?”

“Yeah, down in the dungeon. I’m waiting for my friend, you see, we were gonna walk down together,” Tom ran a hand through his hair, “I heard the professor’s dreadful.”

“So have I,” Lianna breathed, handing the slip back to her tiny friend.

“When do you have potions?”

“I don’t,” she answered lightly, “I never got my O.W.L in it. I wasn’t very good at following instructions. I melted my cauldron quite a few times too. My mom wasn’t so happy with me.”

Tom’s large eyes seemed to grow and a delighted laugh sang out, “You melted your cauldron? How’d you do that?”

“By not paying attention,” replied Lianna, “So I think you better learn from my mistakes, Tommy, and don’t slack off too much.”

“Oi! Tom!”

Both Lianna and the short Thomas Chasing peered behind them. Standing with a single book in hand and shirt already wrinkled was the cocky boy from the Sorting Ceremony, Kyle Anderson. His Gryffindor tie was tied wrong and ran a little too long from the child. Even his shirt seemed to be button up oddly, a couple holes missed.

Lianna giggled, “Don’t want to be late. Good luck Tommy.”

With a rather enthusiastic wave, Thomas hurried off with his dishevelled friend Kyle. The two seemed to race down the hall, passing multiple students, one of them happened to be George Weasley. The tall ginger held a rather pleased look upon his face.

“What’s got you so happy?” Lianna teased, bending down the gather the text book she had rather carelessly thrown beside her feet awhile ago.

“My dear brother and I just happened to make a couple galleons selling off some extendable ears.”

“Already?” She smiled, “You two are going to be swimming in gold by the end of the year, aren’t you?”

“That is the plan,” replied George, “Nothing we can interest you in?”

A laugh fell from her lips, “Not on your life, darling, I’m quite content faking sick the old fashion way, thank you very much. Besides I don’t think you two are going to really need my money. You’re gonna get enough from those naive first years who two seemed to have enlisted.”

“Are you suggesting we’re taking advantage of them?” George looked amused, even more so when Lianna placed her brand new text book over her head and started off into the rain. He followed behind, hardly caring about the wet pouring down, “Because you see Anna, I don’t think you’re at the liberty to talk.”

Lianna snorted, “Tell me than Georgie, who have I been using in the past awhile?”

“Must say last night you used my brother quite well.”

A nervous laugh, loud and booming broke through the chilly air, “I used him? I think you have it the wrong way around. If anything -”

“You see,” George cut in, “Little Freddie’s had his eye on you for awhile.”

“If it makes you happy,” Lianna swore her cheeks were red, “I’ve had my eye on him for probably just as long.”

“Just Fred?” George asked with a grin. The rain was pouring roughly down and though Lianna’s attempts were helping a little she was still wet as they past the large array of greenhouses. George pointed to the far one, his pace still casual and slow.

“I have to admit I’m a little vain,” teased Lianna, “I only go after the pretty ones.”

George’s gasp was dramatic and horrified and Lianna released such a loud laugh, she caused some students rushing by to stop and look.

“You wound me, Anna!”

She threw her arms around him in a sloppy hug, a wet one that left both of them laughing as they stumbled into the warm greenhouse. The rain pitter pattered upon the roof and the chill that had seeped into their bones was being torn away by the warmth of their classroom. Glorious, large plants littered the side tables. Some were stretching towards the top of the greenhouse, their long limbs twisting and turning until they entwined making a large archway.

“So tell me something,” Lianna breathed. She was following George towards the far end of the middle table. It was covered in nothing but leftover dirt, “You’re not that worried about your brother, are you?”

George peered over his shoulder with a wicked grin.

“You’re trying to get some dirt on me, aren’t you?”

“Well, the well’s run dry,” He teased, “I only have so much I can taunt you with before you stop reacting. Thought I’d see if I could get some form of a confession.”

“And Fred would be willing for you to divulge his little secrets just so you could tease me?”

The grin said it all.

“You both are very mean to me.”

They had stopped just before the head of the table, Lianna leaning back against the thick wood while George chuckled, amusing himself with the fake hurt across the girl’s pretty face.

“Ah! You must be Lianna Walden!”

Both students, Weasley and Walden, peered over to see a stout woman coming from the wet outside. She passed the multiple students busy peering at their text books and hurried towards the new girl. Lianna assumed this was Professor Sprout. She had a kind face, plump, with rosy cheeks from the cold and laughing eyes. Dressed in simple earth tone robes, she was covered in dirt and soot. Even her old, battered hat, the one that sat upon a head of frizzy grey hair, seemed to be sprinkled with earth.

“I taught your father,” Professor Sprout explained. Lianna nervously grinned, “He was an excellent student! Hope to see you live up to the Walden name!”

The suddenly quiet Walden girl nodded her head while the tall, George Weasley snorted below his breath.

“I’m sure I will,” Lianna finally muttered but she knew that was as far from the truth as possible. Herbology had never been her strong suit because she had a tendency of getting mauled nearly every year by the overly dangerous plants she had a tendency of taunting. The only reason she passed (with a number of hospital trips mind you) was because she had learned firsthand which plants did what.

It was hard to forget the name of the flora that’s poison nearly killed you.

-----

Herbology was a slow class that seemed to drag on and on and on as Professor Sprout spoke of the high expectations of N.E.W.T. students. Lianna assumed she’d never hit those expectations even if she tried but kept her mouth shut as she listened to the cheerful woman ramble.

By the end of the class, she was running her hands over her tired face and trying to avoid any of the curious looks from her new seventh year classmates. Professor Sprout was mentioning review, or at least, that’s what Lianna thought she had been talking about, when the older woman paused.

“Now as you know N.E.W.T. level not only involves theory but a lot of hands on work. I will be placing you all into groups of two where for the rest of the year you will be working together,” said the wild haired witch, “Many of our assignments need more than one pair of hands. When I’ve finished giving you your partners you may go.”

Lianna found herself hiding a heavy groan with her sleeve.

What she absolutely hated about school, among the seemingly endless amount of homework and the overprotected ‘freedom’, was being placed with a partner or a group. Presentations had once been high upon her hate list but through her six years of school she had learned they were far easier to handle compared to that of another student. Standing up in front of a class of complete strangers was a breeze compared to the luck she had with her ‘partners’. Every year she dreaded Care of Magical Creatures, a class she could be considered decently well at, because the professor, a woman with bushier hair than Hermione, seemed to think she’d be nice and give her students a break by letting them work together. The break would’ve been well received if Lianna had been allowed to pick who she was going to work with.

No, Lianna Walden, out of every student at SHSA seemed to be cursed with wretched partners. There had been the boy in her first year that thought she wasn’t ‘cool’ enough to work with and ended up ditching her every chance he got. They ended up passing their project only with Susie White’s aid. Then there was that girl who was so nervous about presenting or even the mention of such that she vomited on Lianna’s robe nearly every other week. There had been the time in forth year when she was partnered with her first boyfriend, a bad judgment on her professor’s part, and they both failed due to their uncanny ability to distracted each other with each other. Her worst partner, oddly enough, had been her close friend Alex, who ended listening less than her previous boyfriend and managed to set the back of her professor’s cloak on fire. Normally, the miscalculation would’ve just docked points but it had to be with a rather vain woman who gave both of them a month’s detention cleaning out her classroom and storage room. None of their projects that year in potions seemed to work out properly. It was probably why she never managed to get an O.W.L in the class.

If anyone asked why she was too stupid to get that O.W.L. she’d blame it on Alex.

Lianna could rant all day, if given the chance, about the horrors of groups and partners but found she was so distort by her newest partnering she could only groan. At first it had seemed alright as Darla Brooks, her rather hasty roommate, gave her a brief smile from across the greenhouse but it turned into quite the horror movie when she moved from George’s side to go say hello.

She supposed if Professor Sprout had placed her with George, life still wouldn’t have exactly worked out. Lianna figured they’d end up trying to jest each other far too much to make an impact on whatever project or report they were supposed to do. She supposed the amount of times they were both going to skip wasn’t going to help matters either. At least with Darla there would always be someone to get her homework.

Lianna sighed. It didn’t really matter now who would work well with her. That damn curse she swore someone placed on her was working to its fullest potential as she stood next to the dark haired Darla Brooks. The girl seemed pleasant enough, or at least she did at first.

“I hope you know what you’re doing in this class,” Darla hissed, “Because I am not going to carry you if you fall behind.”

“I know enough,” scoffed Lianna, “I got an O.W.L in it, didn’t I?”

“From SHSA maybe,” snarled the girl as she began to gather her books into a leather book bag. It looked rich, expensive and Lianna figured it was probably dragon hide, “I’ve heard North American schools are much easier on their students.”

Lianna opened her mouth to retort but Darla began walking away.

“I am not going to let you jeopardise my chances at a perfect N.E.W.T, understand?”

“Clear as mud,” Lianna snarled. Darla sent her a dark look, leaving the Faerie-less girl waiting for George. He had been placed with a Hufflepuff boy, one who seemed nervous to be in the Weasley twin’s presence. It probably had something to do with a prank but Lianna was far to rattled to inquire as to why the mousy kid scurried off without a look at the tall redhead.

“What is wrong with that one?” Lianna hissed, watching as Darla’s curly hair disappeared behind the door and into the cool rain.

“Darla?” George snorted and began to push the tall girl from the greenhouse, “She’s like that with everyone. Don’t feel too special.”

“Little bit of a bitch, isn’t she?”

“Just wait,” He teased, “She gets better. Got Fred and I more than one detention over the years. Thought she would’ve been made a prefect but apparently Dumbledore saw through her scholarly act.”

The rain was still pouring but it was a relief from the suffocating warmth inside the greenhouse. Lianna happily relished under its cool wet as she followed the tall Weasley boy back into the castle.

-----

After Herbology, Lianna, the twins and Lee Jordan had Charms. It seemed a majority of her Herbology classmates also had said class as she saw a couple of familiar faces amongst the third floor classroom. Lianna followed between the twins, peering around at the bleacher like seats and followed Fred straight to the top of the farthest one. At the very end of the classroom, large windows circling behind, was a pile of large books that a small, grey haired man stood on top of. Decorated in green robes, the tiny man was shuffling about, searching for some form of a book.

“He’s very small,” Lianna muttered, trying to peer over Fred as he rather annoyingly and on purpose tried to block her view. She shoved her hands against his chest, slamming him into the back of the wooden seat, “Stop it.”

“He’s part goblin,” George explained, grinning as Fred once again began to block her view.

“You do know I could just go sit somewhere else, right?” She teased, earning a rather playful look from Fred, her, well, whatever he was to her.

“Rubbish, you have no other friends,” grinned Fred.

She gasped playfully, her mouth dropping dramatically, “You’re very mean to me, Fred Weasley.”

“Pretty sure you weren’t saying that to him last night,” grinned Lee. He was sitting beside George, using his handed down text book as a pillow. Lianna peered over at him with that look that never fazed the twins and was quite pleased to find it had some affect on Lee Jordan. He leapt up with a startled gaze, seemingly shrinking back from the glare the girl was giving him.

Fred and George were quite happily laughing.

“You do understand that just because I just met you doesn’t mean I still won’t hit you, right?” Lianna bit. There was a silence and suddenly her dark glare became a bright grin that caused Lee to release a sigh of relief.

“You wouldn’t really hit me, would you?” He asked, watching as Lianna went back to trying to peer at little Professor Flitwick. Fred seemed pleased to continue to block her view until the brunette whipped her wand up at his face, playfully threatening him with purple hair.

George grinned, “She won’t hurt you, Lee. Little Anna’s harmless.”

“Unless you touch her clothes,” Fred piped in. His hand subconsciously went to the back of his head, to scratch at the hair that had once been scorched off. There was still a slight difference in length but the wording had mostly vanished, at least enough that if you didn’t know it was there, you couldn’t see it. Lianna still found herself snickering once in awhile when she caught her name written across the twins’ heads.

“Or her hair,” George answered, mimicking his brother’s motion, “She’ll use her Faeries than and when she does, watch out!”

Lianna beamed, laughing when Lee muttered something about her being mad, and then turned to watch as students shuffled in, moments before class started.

It seemed, after Professor Flitwick welcomed back his students and asked how their summers were, that review was to be a similar topic amongst the seventh year classes. Lianna, who probably should’ve welcomed the review, found herself dreading more lectures on her past years and the importance of getting an early start on homework. N.E.W.T. level, after all, was the most torturous of years.

Throughout the class, she flipped through her textbook lazily, making note at to which charms to make sure she had mastered and others that weren’t as important. She tried to scribble down phrases and warnings from the professor but when Fred and George seemed more interested in distracting her with silly little doodles that danced or the discussion of their newest business scheme, she found herself forgetting about the book and even the tiny little professor up on stage.

By the end of class Lianna knew passing Charms and most likely Transfiguration was going to be a shot in the dark. Any class the twins seemed to be in, or at least Fred, was going to kill her. In Herbology she had at least been separated from George but by the friendly gesture the twins spoke with when bidding Flitwick a farewell, she was nearly certain he wouldn’t be separating them anytime soon. That would be her untimely downfall because Lianna’s self-control was about zero to none when it came to paying attention.

She figured she’d just have to study more but laughed seconds later because she knew that would unfortunately never happen. With her future already set in stone, she hurried off behind the twins and Lee Jordan.

-----

With only two classes on Monday that finished just before lunch, Lianna had more than enough time to wander the Hogwarts castle on her own. The twins, who had gotten a number of innocent first years to sign up for galleons, were busy in the seclusion of the boy’s dorm. Lianna had been quite happy to leave them to their experiments and said if she didn’t return within the hour one of them probably should come find her. She assumed getting lost was bound to occur but had no issue with it. Being lost, was in fact, much better than the piles of homework waiting for her in the Gryffindor common room. Part of her hoped the twins would never find her and she’d wander forever just so she could avoid the copious amount of readings and review questions.

Flagwin, the Faerie who Lianna had found sleeping on her bed after lunch, was fluttering in front of her, snorting at the students who passed with awestruck looks and soaring about the high hallway ceiling. He danced amongst the support beams, flitting in front of curious portraits in his bright red glow, a glow that reminder Lianna of a rather large laser pointer.

The curious Faerie seemed enthralled by all the students, enough so that he’d drop straight in front of their faces, nearly causing all of them to wet themselves.

“Stop that,” Lianna hissed. Flagwin had soared straight into the face of a Ravenclaw boy. The third year looked horrified as the miniature Horntail look-a-like puffed warm smoke into his face, “You idiot! Get over here!”

Annoyed and defeated, the Faerie released a rumbling growl that would scare nearly anyone but his Mistress. She stood impatiently waiting as the little Faerie slowly made his way over, her arms crossed tightly over her chest. The Ravenclaw boy was still wide eyed, his dark orbs never once blinking until the tiny Horntail was situated upon Lianna’s shoulder.

“Sorry about that,” She apologised. The boy looked up at her, furiously nodding his head, “He won’t actually hurt you. He’s just really curious.”

“R-Right,” gasped the boy as he shuffled his books in his arms, “I... That’s okay but I – I got to get to class.”

Lianna giggled to herself, rolling her eyes as the 13 year old hurried off down the hall like he was being chased by Centaur.

“You know, you can’t do that to people, right?” Flagwin snorted. “Sorry, hon, but people think you’re a little scary.”

There was a murmuring of noises, whimpering and suddenly the tiny Faerie was peering at her with unblinking eyes. Warm smoke wafted from his nose as he waited for his Mistress to speak. Lianna released another little laugh.

“Not everyone, silly,” explained the girl. “Just the ones you seem to bombard in the halls. Don’t do that.”

With a noise that sounded like an agreement, Flagwin turned and continued his trek ahead, surveying as Lianna followed behind with a hum. She wandered about the ground floor for awhile, reaching a small enclosed courtyard. It was still raining out, halting anyone from actually going outside but a few students bustled about the area, leaning against the stone walls. Some were sitting upon the edge of the castle, watching as the rain fell while others used the time to read. One boy, from Hufflepuff, was leaning against a girl, his head lulling from side to side as he slowly fell asleep.

There were three boys near the end of the hall and Lianna assumed they were all fifth years as the large Gregory Goyle, the boy Lianna had met on the train, was one of them. Despite facing her way, he didn’t seem to notice her as he was listening quite intently to the blonde haired boy in front of him. When he did finally looked up Lianna smiled and offered a gentle wave, her bright red Faerie floating just above her shoulder.

Gregory’s face seemed to light up and a soft wave was offered in reply. She was quite surprised to see the green and silver tie hanging about his neck but was nowhere near fazed by the boy’s house. The blonde, whose hair was near silver it was so light, peered around. He too was in Slytherin.

“Who are you -” he spoke, pausing when he caught sight of the colourful tie hanging loosely about Lianna’s neck. His face was bright eyed with pale skin and in an instant turned into a rather wretched look at the sight of the new girl before him.

“If it isn’t the new girl,” hissed the blonde. “Don’t tell you actually talked to this trash?”

Lianna found herself scoffing as she casually walked toward them. Insults never did faze her, well, unless they were from her mother but one could understand why those would hurt. Gregory nervously began muttering some form of a response, an inaudible response that quickly turned into a jumbled mess that sounded like, “Well I didn’t know she would be in Gryffindor.”

“She hangs out with those dirty Weasleys of course she’d -”

“Alright,” Lianna wandered over with a rather cross look on her face. Her eyes had darkened, shrunk and her arms crossed over her chest, “I don’t know who the hell you are little boy -”

She towered over him.

“- but you can talk about me all you want but the second you start bashing the Weasleys, well darling, you have another thing coming.”

He scoffed, “Father told me how arrogant you Walden’s are. He also told me that you’re not actually a real Faerie Master. You’re the disgrace of your family.”

“Yeah?” She smiled, “Maybe I’m not a real Faerie Master but I can guarantee you if I ever hear you talking about my friends like that I have enough control over Flagwin here that he’ll happily set your pants on fire.”

Flagwin, who seemed to understand, released a scorching flame from his mouth. Its heat breezed just by the blue eyed boy’s face and Lianna felt a pleased thrill at the horrified look he answered with. Even the large, chubby boy who reminded Lianna of an ape looked terrified. He back away into the wall. Gregory gulped and Lianna, whose smile wouldn’t disappear, turned to him gently.

“Have a good day, darling,” She breathed, winking as she wandered on by. She swore she heard the blonde mutter something about telling his father but Lianna couldn’t care less. With Flagwin fluttering about her shoulder, snorting quick, harmless flames into the cool air, she decided she would see what surprises she could find up on the second floor. After all she technically had all day to waste.

-----

“Didja hear about Harry?” Lee Jordan whispered at dinner that night. Lianna peered up from the potatoes she had been violently mashing to see the boy with dread locks slid in beside her. Fred and George looked up from across the table, peering at him with curious eyes. “Him and Umbridge had a row. He started shouting at her about Diggory’s death and all. He’s got detention with her all week.”

“Blimey,” George looked down at the table. “Potter gets in faster trouble than we do.”

“Hard to imagine,” Lianna joked, carefully taking a peek at the trio. Harry looked rattled, furious as whispers of his and Umbridge’s confrontation spread across the Great Hall. The girls a few feet away from them were talking quite loudly for gossip, like they didn’t care if Harry heard. Hermione appeared grim, worried and she furiously pushed pieces of her hair behind her ears. Ron was busy eating but nearly seconds later, appeared tired as they were forced to leave.

“Some people don’t know how to keep their mouths shut, do they?” Lianna muttered, turning back to her half eaten meal. She still felt full from the feast just last night and wondered if she’d ever be able to properly eat a full plate of food again.

The twins, who had shot the three gossipers down the table dark looks, seemed quite capable of stuffing their mouths full. Lianna had muttered that she should probably get started on some form of homework and said she would meet them upstairs. They still had to gather their first years, after all, and she wasn’t willing to wait that long.

Quite content to walk up alone, she wandered out of the Great Hall and took the surprisingly memorized pathway to the Gryffindor tower. In her dorm room, she found her books upon her bed, in the same place she had tossed them earlier that day. Gathering her Herbology book, she figured if there was one subject she should start; it’d be one with Darla Brooks as a partner.

Taking a seat at one of the many tables in the common room, Lianna flipped open the book and attempted to start reading the first page. She got about half way down when her eyes began to drift and she noticed Hermione, Ron and Harry upon one of the couches in front of the fire. The twins and Lee had just entered with a horde of first years behind them and Angelina and Alicia were sitting across the room. The rain continued to pour in torrents against the window but the flames flickering in the large fireplace kept the cozy common room warm.

Lianna released a loud sigh.

“Busy?” asked a quiet voice. Peering up, Lianna found the mousy Patricia Stimpson gazing at her. “Can I sit here?”

“Oh Merlin, of course,” said Lianna, moving her textbook over. “What class are you doing?”

“Charms,” explained Patricia. “I saw you got partnered with Darla. I worked with her last year...”

“Fun?” Lianna teased but Patricia’s face turned white, quickly shaking her head. “I’ll try my best not to jinx her then.”

“She’s really serious about her studies. She’s always in the Ravenclaw tower. Her boyfriend’s really smart too but he’s not as mean as she is about it.”

“Has she always been like that?”

Patricia nodded her head, “She’s always been grumpy but lately Darla’s gotten worse. I don’t know what’s going on with her but she’s biting at everything. I hope you know we’re not all like that.”

Lianna released a gentle smile, “No, no, of course not. Everyone’s been really nice to me. Thank you for that, by the way, it’s pretty intimidating being the new girl in seventh year.”

Patricia returned the smile, “I can only imagine. Do you miss your old school? I mean, I’m sure you do, but -”

“I miss my old friends more,” Lianna muttered, peering down at the tiny writing in her Herbology book. A quill lay slack in her hands. “I’ve never been really good at school but I did like going to be with my friends. I don’t even know what I want to do after this.”

“You have no clue?” Patricia asked. “I... I’ve always wanted to be a Healer but I don’t think I could... handle it.”

“It’s fast pace,” She explained. “But I’m sure if you really wanted it -”

“Oh no,” Patricia shook her head quickly. “I couldn’t even take -”

“That’s enough!”

Both Lianna and Patricia peered over at one of the corners of the common room. Fred, George and Lee were peering around at a grouping of what appeared to be unconscious first years. A light giggle fell from Lianna’s lips at the sight and grew when she noticed the furious Prefect Hermione stalking over.

“I told you this morning, you can’t test your rubbish on students!” snarled the bushy haired girl.

“Oh Hermione, relax,” Lianna teased, grinning at the ferocious look she was shot.

“Calm down, Hermione,” agreed Lee. He was walking about the first years, inserting another treat into their mouths. “They’re fine!”

“Yeah, look, they’re coming round now,” George motioned. Sure enough, the surprised looking first years began to stir. One by one they sat up, looking around like a deer in headlights. Either the twins hadn’t told them what was going to happen or there was some form of a side effect racking their builds.

The twins began to ask the tiny students how they were feeling and with shaking replies, it seemed they were all up to par. Fred scribbled some words down on a clipboard but Miss. Granger snatched the board from his hands seconds later. Lianna released a loud, amused snort.

“If you don’t stop this I’m going to -”

“Put us in detention?” Fred taunted. The whole common room was watching in amusement, their laughs hanging about the air.

George grinned, “Make us write lines?”

“No,” She hissed. “But I will write your mother.”

“Oh no,” Lianna murmured. Both Fred and George looked rather angry but both were too horrified to fight her. It was quite true that if the Weasley twins were scared of anyone, it would definitely be their mother, Molly. Hermione had shoved the clipboard back into Fred’s startled arms, storming back to the couch she had once been sitting in leaving all three boys with appalled looks upon their faces.

The twins began muttering to themselves, Lee joining in until they disappeared, heading straight for the boy’s dorm. Lianna turned back to Patricia with a quiet laugh, motioning that they should at least attempt to read but knew the second her eyes gathered a letter, she’d drift once more.

Lianna supposed she did miss home and she missed her friends but it was hard to be upset when you were friends with the Weasley twins. They had a way of making anything entertaining and entertaining enough that she was quite happy to be at Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank;

gingerpygmypuff
la dispute.
kitbunny
Taste
Bamboo33010

for the absolutely wonderful comments. They really do make my life when I see one.

I would also like to apologise as to why it took forever to get this chapter out. See, here’s the story. When I began writing Chapter 15, I had managed to nearly finish the rough copy but got myself sick. So when I’m sick I basically can’t do anything but either stare at the television or sleep. Well I managed to get myself better but I had a party to go to where I managed to drink a little too much. I came home around 3 in the morning and in my drunken stupor apparently decided that editing a chapter would be a grand idea.

It was not.

It was an awful, awful idea.

And being stupid I saved the rather horrid creation I made. Well, it took me forever to figure out what the heck I had been attempting to create when work decided to give me more shifts. I never managed to completely decipher my own, drunken work and had to restart. I’m not happy with this but I’m not unhappy either, if that makes sense.

The moral of this story is don’t edit your writing when you’re drunk.

It’s a very, very bad idea.

And I apologise once again for the delay.