Blessed With Iridescent Wings

McKellen's Pub

“Mum is going to kill you three if she finds out,” Ginny muttered, watching Lianna with curious brown eyes. The tall Walden girl was digging through her trunk, chucking pieces of clothing upon her bed. The pile had grown to a rather abundant size, nearly spilling off the tiny twin.

“Well than hopefully -” Lianna replied, her voice muffled by box, “- she doesn’t find out. There’s a meeting tonight so they’ll be busy. They won’t even notice we’re gone.”

“This is ridiculous, Lianna,” Hermione’s shrill voice piped up, “You can’t honestly expect to get away with this.”

Lianna looked up from her messy trunk, a pair of loose slacks in her hands, “You’d be surprised with the things I’ve gotten away with over the years. I may not be a very good Faerie Master, Hermione, but I can do magic decently well.”

She sighed, “How do you even plan to get in?”

With a light giggle, Lianna pushed herself up off the floor. The pants in her hands she tossed to the overflowing mound and strolled over to the worn end table beside her bed. Sitting neatly on top was a tiny black clutch. Lianna picked it up and began to shuffle through, flipping through Muggle money and various cards until a thin blue and green I.D. card was taken out.

“Check it out,” She tossed the card to Hermione. The witch flipped the card back and forth, over and over until a light sigh was released.

“Where did you get this?”

“A friend of mine made it,” Lianna explained, smiling at the exasperated look on the girl’s face, “He was dating my friend at SHSA and lived about a town away. He loved the Muggle bars.”

“What is it?” Ginny asked, snatching the card from Hermione’s hands.

“It’s an Ontario driver’s license. Muggles use them as identification. I can get into any bar around here with that.”

“It says you’re 19,” said the pretty red head. She offered it back.

“You need to be 19 in Canada to drink,” said Lianna as she slipped the card back into her clutch, tossing the bag back upon the side table.

“And the twins?” Hermione called, “You didn’t actually make one of these for them, did you?”

When a playful smile slipped over Lianna’s lips, Hermione released a loud groan, “You three are going to be in so much trouble.”

“We’re not going to get caught, Hermione,” laughed Lianna, “Besides we’ll be back by 3 at the latest. Mrs. Weasley doesn’t pound on the door until at least 7.”

There was nothing Lianna could say that would make Hermione agree. Hermione just shook her head, watching as the Walden girl went back to her trunk. Ginny decided to go through the tossed outfit pieces, staring at various Muggle tops and skirts.

“What are you looking for?” asked Hermione, “There’s already about 20 tops on the bed.”

“I have a tight high waist skirt, its white with navy stripes, it’s really cute with that orange tank top,” Lianna muttered, pointing vaguely behind her at Ginny who was holding said shirt. Just as she pulled a pair of pyjama pants from the bottom, the white skirt peered up at her. “Found it!”

“I can’t believe you three are doing this!” Ginny laughed, “I wish I could go with you.”

“Ginny!” Hermione looked appalled.

“Unfortunately Gin,” Lianna smiled, “I don’t think you could pass as 18 and if we did get caught, your mother would probably slaughter us for taking you to a bar. At least we’re nearly 17.”

“Not you,” corrected Ginny, “She likes you. Fred and George will probably get the blame.”

“Eh, Mom will know it was me,” A dry left fell from her lips, “but it’s worth it.”

There was a pause, a silence as Lianna began shoving her clothing back into her trunk by the armful. Wrinkles would crease every outfit she owned but at the time, Lianna could care less. Ginny, on the other hand, was peering at Hermione with a nervous look, a sort of look that told the brunette no and to keep her mouth shut. Hermione seemed torn and conflicted as she watched the 17 year old try and clean up her bed. Despite Ginny’s concerned look, curiosity got the better of her..

“You and your Mum don’t get along that well, do you?”

Lianna heard Ginny hiss at Hermione, snarl something about keeping their mouths shut but when the tall brunette turned to them with a bright grin, both silenced their muffled bickering.

“Just because my Mum says she doesn’t like talking about it, doesn’t mean I don’t,” Lianna explained, calmly, “You guys can ask me anything you want, you know and to answer you Hermione, we do and we don’t. I love my Mom but when it comes to Faeries Mom looks at me sort of like a failure.”

“But you have tons of Faeries,” Ginny muttered.

Hermione nodded, “Far more than your Mother.”

“Mom had tons when she was my age,” Lianna replied, that gentle smile never wavering, “but they were all hers. Ever notice how I don’t have a Faerie following me constantly like my parents?”

Silence. Lianna shuffled about the room, gathering her makeup bag and the housecoat she had tossed upon Ginny’s bed earlier that evening.

Suddenly, Hermione spoke, “You haven’t bonded with any of them…”

“Not a single one.”

“Bonded? What’s that supposed to -” asked Ginny

Lianna sighed, “What do you know about our... gift?”

“Not a whole lot,” Ginny replied.

“If you defeat a 'wild' Faerie in a duel, they become bonded to you and are until either they die, you die or you release them,” Lianna vaguely explained she searched for that hairbrush she had tossed somewhere during the morning rush for breakfast. She found it lying next to Hermione’s pillow.

Ginny seemed confused, “Well why would they want to even take that risk?”

“Because they’re greedy.”

“Greedy?”

“When a Faerie bonds with a witch or wizard, the strength of their magic soars to terrifying heights,” Lianna shrugged, “I never... was good enough for that.”

“But you have plenty of Faeries,” Hermione muttered, desperately hoping there would be a little more about Lianna’s gift this year in History of Magic or at least a book in the library.

“Sure, but only because most of them owe me something.”

They were all silent for a while as Lianna shuffled about her bedroom space, searching for the pair of black platform pumps she was sure she tossed about a half an hour ago. She found them under her bed just as rapid knocking came from the door.

“Come in,” Hermione called, nervously watching as Lianna rapidly shoved her outfit in the thin space between the wall and her bed.

The door slammed open. Cheri Walden waltzed in dressed in brilliant purple robes and her silvery blonde hair pinned high upon her head. She looked glorious as usual, moving with a dancer’s grace. The same green orb of light hovered silently above her shoulder.

“Lianna!” called her mother, “Lianna, I must – What ‘ave you three been doing in ‘ere?”

Lianna laughed, “I was looking for my favourite pyjama bottoms. You know the black silk ones with the cute little bows on the sides?”

“Ah oui, oui,” Her mother smiled. She had bought those for Lianna just a few months ago, “Do you think you may ‘ave forgotten them?”

“Maybe,” muttered her daughter, “I’ve searched everywhere, as you can tell. I’ll keep looking after I finish cleaning up. If I really need them I can get Chelsea to go look, right?”

“Oui, of course!” Cheri smiled, “I am sure zhey are somewhere, you ‘ave packed most of your closet!”

“I’m sure I’ll find them. So what can we help you with Mama?”

“Ah, oui, I just came to say zhat zhere are leftovers on ze counter in case any of you get hungry. The meeting will start soon.”

“Gonna be a long one?” asked Lianna.

Her mother frowned, “Zhat is none of your concern, Lianna.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Walden,” Hermione said with a weak smile.

“You are welcome, girls,” Cheri turned to go, “And let ze boys know. Poor Ronald still seemed so ‘ungry after dinner.”

Ginny snorted. Ron was always hungry.

“Will do Mama.”

With a dramatic billowing of her robe, Cheri bid the young girls a farewell, the door closing quietly behind her. Lianna waited, watching the door for any sign of movement and when she was certain her mother wasn’t coming back, she tossed herself upon her bed. Shoving her hands down the crack beside the wall, she gathered her outfit and moved to pick up her wand and clutch.

Hermione sighed, “I really wish you wouldn’t do this, Lianna. They’ll be furious if they find out.”

“It’ll be fine,” laughed the girl, “I’ve done this plenty of times and haven’t been caught yet.”

“Yet,” stressed Hermione.

Lianna just smiled, gathering her large pile into her arm. Her fluffy white housecoat dragged along the floor.

“Can you get the door, Gin?”

Ginny wished her good luck while Hermione ranted that if they weren’t back by four at the latest they would surely be caught. Lianna promised they would be as she crept quietly out the door, peaking around the corner before darting towards the empty bathroom down the hall.

-----

Lianna impatiently stood outside the twins’ bedroom door, knocking furiously. The white housecoat was wrapped tightly around her build, her black clutch and heels held firmly in her hands.

“Fred! George! Hurry up!” She snarled, eyes nervously gazing around for the sign of anyone approaching.

“Give us a minute, Walden!”

She huffed. It was nearing 10:30 and every creak made Lianna jump. If someone caught her, the lie she’d have to come up with would be nearly impossible lines. Finally after some loud toe tapping and a few disgruntled sighs, the door swung open to reveal a rather chipper George Weasley dressed in familiar worn jeans and a freshly cleaned button up his mother washed just yesterday. It was green and Fred, who sat happily upon his bed, was in blue.

“Well don’t you look... pretty,” George muttered, eyeing the robe covered girl.

Lianna snorted, “Thank you for that wonderful compliment, George.”

George shut and locked the door as she stepped inside. The high shoes in her hands were tossed next to Fred. He watched them bounce on the thick mattress before picking up one, eyeing the thin heel.

“This is a bloody weapon, Walden!”

She snorted again, her eyes locked to the inside of her clutch. Flipping through the various cards, Lianna slipped out two red and blue I.D. cards, handing them off to the twins. Fred and George, mirror images of each other, flipped them over and over and over until identical grins slipped over their lips.

“Wicked!”

“I’m glad you like them,” Lianna breathed, clipping her bag shut, “Find out how long this meeting is going to be?”

“All night,” Fred spoke.

George nodded, “Dumbledore is here.”

“We heard ‘im with the extendable ears,” they both finished.

“Perfect,” Lianna’s smile grew. This was going flawlessly. Molly and Cheri, though far too busy with the Order, wouldn’t even be able to check in on their children due to a certain house elf. Kreacher had a tendency of wandering in during the night to try and snatch anything he could hoard away. So, instead of being awoken by a rooting elf, they locked bedroom doors at night. Cheri was very adamant on it. Just the other day she was woken by the elf and ended up letting off such a loud scream that Walburga Black’s portrait awoke on the main floor.

With a quick pull of the tie around her waist, Lianna shifted the warm housecoat off her shoulders, tossing it towards the bed. Flattening out the rising skirt, she asked for her heels and slipped them on quickly. Her wand had been shoved down the side of her skirt and though it made a slight bump, it wouldn’t be noticeable in the dark atmosphere of a bar.

“Now that’s more like it!” grinned Fred, jumping up from his position upon his bed.

Lianna laughed, her hands on her hips, “Time to go than?”

Both twins looped arms with her and without a word of warning, Lianna felt a sudden force squeeze against her body. Her head felt compressed, her ears thick with pressure. She tried swallowing but being shoved through a tube didn’t allow her too. Though just as fast as the compression came, it disappeared and Lianna found herself standing in the dark of the quiet Muggle dog park. She released a gagging sound but lucky for her, the feeling in her ears vanished.

“What happened to that warning I was supposed to get?”

Both ignored her, snickering to themselves as they pushed through the brush, making their way to the paved pathway. Lianna continued to complain until they dropped heavy arms over her shoulders. She struggled to push them off. Reaching the little grocer’s, the lights were still on and two loud Muggles stumbled out with what appeared to be a steak and a few bottles of pop.

Laughing at the oddity, Lianna and the twins wandered down the lit up sidewalk, snickering to themselves as the twins battered the tall female with questions about Muggles and alcohol. She gave them names of various beers, wines and coolers and told them about girly drinks that she absolutely adored. Just as Trevor had said, the pub was just a 10 minute walk away and they found the brilliant tavern just up the street. The small line that was running out the door seemed to be moving quickly as they joined the end.

Above the large, curtain covered window in the front, laid a long red sign with pretty gold writing. It read McKellen’s Pub. Standing at the matching door, a red wood, was a large bald bouncer the size of Lianna’s father. It was clear he was there to make things move much faster and by the loud chatter from inside, Lianna understood why. It was absolutely packed and those poor bartenders wouldn’t have enough time to check everyone’s I.D.

As the line shrunk, Lianna happily stepped up first, her I.D. already in her hand. The bouncer, straight-faced, took it without a word. His eyes, dark and intimidating, glared down at it than back at her than back down again. When he nodded, motioning with his head towards the door she thanked him and bounced in, waiting for the twins in the threshold. The man mimicked the same motion with both boys and when they were allowed in, she beamed.

Inside the pub was dark, lit with dim lights along the wooden walls. The floor was old wood, worn and various red wood tables covered the area. A small stage with an old, retro Karaoke machine sat in the back shoved next to the bathroom doors. The bar was against the far wall, a wall covered completely in mirrors. Red cushioned bar stools lined the counter and three tired bartenders rushed back and forth tending to various customers.

The air was hot and thick and without even moving Lianna and the twins could feel beads of sweat pooling along their hairlines. Chatter and the rather horrid singing of some bright redheaded drunk girl on stage filled the area. The twins made disgruntled faces at the horrendous singing while Lianna busied herself looking for the icy blue eyes of Trevor Davies.

She spotted him just at the bar, slapping a few bills down as the barkeep began filling two tall mugs of beer. Trevor was peering around aimlessly, grinning at a few people until his eyes landed upon Lianna. She waved and grabbed a hold of Fred and George’s hands, pulling them with her.

“You made it!” cried Trevor. By the way he swayed, it was clear he was a few drinks in, “Want something to drink, love?”

“Aren’t you generous,” She teased. He ordered her a screwdriver, “This is Fred and George. I’m staying with their family.”

Trevor peered over his shoulder, a tilt to his head as he looked between the two beaming boys, “Which one is which?”

A light laugh fell from Lianna’s mouth, “Fred’s in blue and George’s in green.”

“Positive, Lianna?” sang Fred, “Pretty sure I’m George.”

Lianna scoffed, “Don’t lie. I can tell you two apart.”

“How?” George taunted.

A mischievous smile flitted over her lips, “Secret, boys!”

“Ah brilliant!” Trevor suddenly cheered, sloppily pointing between the two redheads, “You’re Fred than and you’re George!”

The three wizards snorted.

“Here you are, love,” spoke the pretty barkeep, her curly hair swinging as she reached over the bar to hand Lianna her orange drink. Trevor dropped a few coins in her hand, winking when she thanked him. With her drink to her lips, Trevor happily motioned for Lianna to follow while Fred moved up to the bar to order.

Lianna gripped George’s wrist, “We’ll be just over there when you’ve got your drink.”

When the tall redhead nodded, Lianna hurried after the blue eyed Trevor. He led her to a large table where three others were seated. There was a pretty blonde clothed in a skin tight red dress with a tall, green looking drink. On her right were two brunette boys, one with long hair pulled at the base of his neck while the other’s was short and trimmed neatly. Both boys were cheering loudly, hooting at the redheaded girl on stage.

The blonde looked up just as Trevor joined the two brunettes in loud hollering. Lianna pulled up a chair across from her, gulping down the rather strong screwdriver.

“Hiya,” said the girl, a perfectly white smile shining, “Trevor said he was bringin’ a friend. Name’s Mariah.”

“Lianna,” Lianna replied happily, “It’s nice to meet you.”

Mariah held her smile, “These two idiots are Jerry and Stephan.”

They were yelling for an encore now, all three cheering like mad men as the tiny girl on stage stumbled off. Lianna giggled.

“Up there is Hannah,” Mariah explained, “She’s a little plastered already.”

Hannah, the bubbly brown eyed girl, stumbled towards the happy boys, laughing as they all continued to cheer her on and Stephan determined she deserved a drink. He rushed off just as Hannah plopped down in a chair beside the new girl. She peered at Lianna with foggy eyes, confusion written across her until a bright smile broke through.

“Hello!” sang the cheerful girl, “When you’d get here?”

“Just a few seconds ago,” Lianna said with a grin.

“Did you like my song?”

“I did -”

“Hey!” Jerry, the brunette with long hair, pointed at Lianna, beaming, “The two blokes with you, they up for shots?”

She shrugged, “Wouldn’t doubt it.”

Jerry fled with Trevor. The three girls watched as they grabbed Stephan and nearly jumped the twins on their way to the table. Hurriedly, all five boys were back at the bar. Lianna couldn’t hear what they had ordered but the curly haired waitress seemed happy to obey.

Lianna couldn’t wipe the smile off her face. This was clearly going to be a good night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I've been celebrating my birthday early and got a little preoccupied.

I don't really like this chapter as much as I thought it would... hopefully you all think a little different.

Thank you for all the subscriptions :) That means so much to me!

And thank you to Bixby for being my first comment !