Status: Fini

Here's the Key to My Heart

How To Kill Your Status

It is the third week of January, and it is unusually warm for this time of year in Georgia. But of course we are stuck inside school.

Knock Knock

“Come in.” said Mrs. Mann.

“Uh, yeah I have a new student for ya,” answered a teacher's aid as he opened the door.

“Alright, I'll be there in a minute,” she finished what she was saying and then went out in the hall to meet the new student.

After a couple of minutes Mrs. Mann walked back through the door.

“OK, as you have heard we have a new student,” she started to say as a boy walked through the door. “I would like you to say hello to Cody Oak.”

There were no hellos but a couple of muffled “freaks”.

“Uh,” Mrs. Mann said thinking. “you can sit... behind Eric. Eric raise your hand so Cody can see you.”

I rose my hand slowly, still not seeing who this Cody person was. I also did not here what the other kids were calling him, and really I didn't give a flying fuck.

I felt the desk behind me move as the new guy sat down. All that went through my mind was great yet another person who will hate me for no reason.

Mrs. Mann went back to her lesson and soon that the bell rang. As soon as it did, I waited until the last person was out the door. I was almost at the end of the hall when I heard my name. It was a deep, nervous, yet cheerful voice.

“Hey...um...Eric?” I kept on walking. not wanting to know what the person was going to do if I turned around. “Eric?” Still walking.

That someone tapped me on the shoulder, I stopped, closed my eyes and said, “OK, whoever you are. If you want make fun of me do it later. If you wanna beat me up you can do that after school.”

I was about to walking again when I heard the voice say...

“Why would I want to do any of those things?”

I rolled eyes and turned around, and couldn't believe what I saw.

This guy was pretty tall, with black Tripp pants tucked into some black combat boots. His hair was long black with red streaks. But that's not what stunned me; his make up was icing on the cake. Black lipstick, thick black eyeliner, and I couldn't tell if had whitened his face or if that was his skin color. Basically the very image of death.

“And who are you?” I asked a little dumbstruck.

”Oh, I'm Cody,” he said holding out his hand.

Of course I just stared at it not believing someone was actually being nice to me. He put down his hand with a stifled laugh, “OK then...ummm...yeah, I was in your last class and I was wondering if you could help me find some of my classes.

“Sure,” I said as I took the piece of paper he offered me, “But I don't think you want to be talking to me.”

“Why?”

“It will kill your status right away. Some how people here just hate me.”

I meant to leave out my sexuality because maybe someone will be able to get to know me first before being totally disgusted.

"Well, never have a status anyway. So what about those classes?”