Status: Fini

Here's the Key to My Heart

Not That Bad Of A Person

I just laid in my almost overly comfortable bed staring at the ceiling. I want to say I've been doing this for about an hour, but it almost feels like forever. It just bugged me. How could my dad skip over a detail like having a boyfriend? The guy he left mom for that matter. And I had just started to be OK with him, now we are back to square one.

Whatever, I'm really tired.

~~
I woke up the next day with my stomach screaming at me and my cell ringing. I didn't bother looking at who it was, "Hello?" I anwsered with sleep still in my voice. I was still tired and the sun was in my face. I groaned and faced away from it.

"Well, good morning sleepy head." I smiled, it was Cody.

"Good morning," I yawned.

"I guess you're still getting use to the time change?"

"Yeah," I glanced over at the clock on the night stand. "Holy fuck it's almost 11!"

I heard him laugh, "What time was it when you went to bed?"

"Umm...I think Matt said it was like 8, but I might have gone to be at 9?" I sat up and laid back down. I didn't hear anybody on the other end. "Cody, are you there?"

"Wh-who's Matt?" He asked.

I was still waking up and didn't want to go through the whole story, "He's my dad's boyfriend."

"Oh ok." He almost sounded relived.

"What?"

"It's nothing."

"Come on tell me, please?"

"Well, I thought you found another guy." I think that's all he said, I could bearly hear him. "But I'm just being stupid."

"Yeah cuz you're the only one for me." My stomach growled loudly again. "Gah, I'm starving!"

"Then go eat something. I'll call back in a few. My brother wants me to go to the park with him."

"Mmm ok. Bye."

Bye. Miss you."

I hung up my cell, hooked it on my pj's elastic band and got out of bed. When I got down to the kitchen it was empty. My stomach growled. Oh shh! I thought, I'm about to feed you. I went to the refrigerator and found stuff to make a sandwich. Before I was done making it the front door opened and closed.

"I'm home!"

I didn't really reply and went to eat my sandwich. Matt walked into the kitchen moments later.

"Nice to see you up again and actually eatting." I just nodded and continued to eat. It was silent for a while and then, "Your dad has to work today and tomarrow, but that gives you some time to ajust to the time." I wanted to make a rude comment, but I just nodded again. "Well, you're very talkative"

Once again, nod and chew.

He finish putting away what was ever in the bags. "So... are you ever going to tell me about this guy?" I guess that was the only thing he had to go on to make me talk. Damn him, cause it's going to work. I smiled. "Ok then, what his name?"

"Cody." He didn't say anything, so I continued, "Um he's taller than me, black hair, and hot."

"You have a picture?" Matt asked. I was about to say no, when I remembered my phone, I pulled it out. I found a pic with him kissing my cheek and showed it to Matt. "Aww! That's so cute!" After awhile he calmed down, I laughed at how hyper he seemed to get. "Does your dad know about him?"

I thought whether or not to keep up my nice streak or not, but instead I started laughing. Matt, of course, looked really confused. "Technically, the first time he met Cody was when he and Mom walked in on us makingout on the couch." I laughed some more and Matt joined in.

"Well, that must have been a surprise."

"Yeah, he seems to do that a lot. He caught us I think two more times?"

I spent the rest of the day talking to Matt, he was pretty cool. I guess I'll walk around by myself tomarrow seeing as both have to work, then the next day I have to spend it with my dad. Yes, I'm back to calling him 'Dad', after talking to Matt I found my dad's not that bad of a person. So, I guess I can be a little nicer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Holidays to all my wonderful readers!
And here's a present :)
I'm sorry that I haven't been updating so much, but I'll try to now... can't promise much though. Comment and I'll update faster!

Check out these bands:
Godelian Shock Input
The Colossal Sound