Status: Fini

Here's the Key to My Heart

No Buts

The bell rang a couple more times and the day was over.

“You wouldn't mind if I hung out with you everyday do you?” asked Cody shyly.

“You mean friends right?” I said with a smile.

“Yeah, I guess you could call it that.”

“I guess that would be a nice change.”

“Great well see ya Eric,” He said as he gave me a huge hug.

As for me, I was left there a little freaked out, because no one had ever given me a hug before. Well, not including family. After what seemed like forever, I snapped out of my daze and went to find my mom.

“Well, don't we look cheerful today. Do I even have to ask?” My mom asked.

“Please do,” I replied still with a hint of a smile on my face.

Sigh

”OK OK, how was your day?”

“Best day ever, or at least since I've been in high school!” I said trying to be sarcastic.

“Alright, I'm not going to snoop any more. Oh, Eric I almost forgot!”

“What?”

“There is a new family in the neighborhood that I want you to go and welcome.”

“Why can't you?”

“I did, but very briefly. Plus, I'm going into work for the rest of the night, so if I'm not home in the morning you'll have to ride the bus.”

“But you know I don't like getting on that bus, and you know what-”

“Don't argue with me, and if you skip you are going to be grounded for who-knows how long. That means no art, TV, computer, and whatever else.”

“But-”

“No buts about it. I have warned you plenty of times!”

“But-”

“Eric!”

“Fine.”

“That's right fine, so you better be there when I come and pick you up tomorrow.”

“Alright I'll see ya tomorrow afternoon.” I said as I got out of the car.

My mother said goodbye and went to work. Seeing as my dad left when I was five, that left me home alone for the next 24 hours. I didn't go and greet the new family, instead I doodled a bit and went to sleep.