Status: Fini

Here's the Key to My Heart

NO

"Wow, can your mom be any more homophobic?" Cody asked as we walked to lunch.

I didn't really hear him, I was thinking about this afternoon because my mother said that she had to talk to me. I was scared to tell you the truth.

"Uh hello, Earth to Eric." A hand was waving in my face.

"What? Oh sorry, I was just thinking..."

"About what your mom has to say to you? Just don't worry about it."

I was amazed, he only knew me for two days and he could already tell what I was thinking, or was I just an open book?

He looked behind me. "Oh no, here comes that girl, hide me."

Then Cody made a sad attempt to hide beside me, I think he was pretending to be asleep.

Next thing I know Hannah- I mean Raven- is in front of us, "Hi, Cody can I talk to you for a sec?"

I looked over to him. His head was on my shoulder, mouth open, and appeared to be asleep.

Hannah didn't care she just shook him 'til he 'woke up'.

"What!" A grouchy Cody answered.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?"

I saw him role his eyes, "Fine. See ya in a bit Eric, this won't take long." He got up and left with Hannah.

They really didn't go far seeing as I could still hear them.

"What do you want Hannah?" Cody asked as if he already knew.

"Um, it's Raven." A scoff from Cody. "I was just wondering if you had any plans later on in the week?"

"No I don't." He yawned.

"Well, would you like to go out some time?" She got up on her tiptoes and lean forward a bit.

"No not really."

"What?!"

"I said N - O." Then he walked back towards me.

Hannah just stood there shocked then stomped her foot and walked back to her friends.

Cody sat back next to me.

"I can't believe you just did that."

"Do what?" He says looking at a ladybug.

"A girl asks you out, and then you just say no?"

"Eh, I already told you I didn't like her. Plus, I like someone else. And what kind of person wakes somebody up when they are clearly asleep?!"

"I don't know. Wait, back up, you like somebody? Already?"

He just nodded his head.

"Well who is she?"

He shook his head.

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Because the bell is about to ring." And if on que, the end of lunch bell rang. "See."

It's the end off the day now, and me and Cody are about to go our separate ways.

I spent the rest of day guessing who Cody liked.

"OK, will you tell me at least before you attempt to ask her out?"

"Yes, and what makes you think they won't say yes?"

"You never know."

"Your right, but I think they will. They almost always say yes."

"Pfft whatever. I'm coming over to your house today?"

"Yep, I mean you must tell me what your mom says to you."

I rolled my eyes, "Please don't remind me of it. I'm scared out of my mind."

"Hey don't worry about it. Anyway, see ya later." He gave me a brief hug and ran to catch the bus.

As for me I walked towards my almost certain doom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, I'm starting to not really like this story anymore, but I love it at the same time... you know what I mean?