Sequel: Change
Status: Finishing Until The Last Drop;)

Just a Sip

Chapter Ten

For the remainder of the morning, I meandered around the room. I was bored an was hoping to find another secret passageway that I could hide in like Armand.

After about an hour of searching, I was hopelessely bored and not sleepy at all. I thought about home, I wondered what my parents were doing. Were they calling the Feds by now? And what about Louise? Was she going apeshit after I failed to show up for work? Armand had changed so much in my life. I just couldn't decide whether it was for the better. But it would definitely be bad if I ever showed my face at home again. I sat on the bed sleepily. I crawled under silken covers and switched off the lamp.

"If I'm going to be hanging around Vamps, I need to change my sleeping schedule." I said to the completely pitch black room. Who would forget to put a window in a room that already has a little hidey cabin for a vampire to sleep in anyway? I thought closing my eyes, suddenly my stomach fell and my head swam. I saw flashes of light in the dark and I had no idea what was going on. Then all went silent.

I woke up in the same village as my last vision. It was raining as I stood up in an alley on shaky ground. My head spun as I leaned against the stone wall of a pub. Slowly dragging myself across the wall, I stopped, hearing some disturbing sounds from the other side. Was I in a vision? I thought. Yes!! I had made it!!

I peeked around the corner of the building and to my dismay, I found Armand and that Evora woman in an intimate embrace. Not necessary to hide because no one could see me anyway, I walked out front and center.

"Armand, how can we be together if you are with that woman?" She spat, as he gripped the sides of her arms. They were drenched because of the downpour and I didn't know why they were outside.

"Evora, you know I can't leave her. But I can't forget about you."

Evora's green eyes burned as she looked at me. I froze, and then I realized that she was looking at my direction and not at ME.

"I'm with child." she said forcing her arms away and avoiding Armand's gaze. His hair was longer and grazed the nape of his neck, curling just at the collar of his tunic.

"I promise, I will find a way Evora." he said as she swallowed and he began to walk away. The rain fell harder now, and I was chilled to the bone, not because of the cold. But because of what I had just intruded on.

I couldn't be sure if it was jealousy, or remorse I felt as I watched Evora disappear into the pub with her hands on her stomach. But I knew one thing was certain, this story wouldn't have a happy ending.

Not sure of how to escape the dream, I was grateful that there was a knock at the door in reality. I woke up with tears in my eyes as I scrambled from bed reading the time on the alarm clock. It was 2:15 in the afternoon and I had been asleep for hours.

I switched on the light and opened the door. There was an average human delivery man with dirty blond hair and crooked teeth.

"Oright. I 'ave a couple 'o package for a Miss Servano. That bout correct?" he asked looking at a clipboard. I sniffed and shrugged taking the packages and signing for them. After closing the door, I dropped them on the bed and began to open them, I didn't know what to expect. A sheet of paper fluttered off of the top. In type, it read:

My dearest Miu,
I have taken the liberty of ordering you some 'appropriate' clothing. I hope they are to your liking. We shall go shopping for your car when I awake.
-Warm Regards, Armand.

I rolled my eyes and tore open the rose scented tissue covered box. Folded neatly in the box was an all lace black dress. I held it up, horrified. It was completely see-through and the bigger parts of lace conveniently hid naughty bits.

"Great Gatsby." I breathed. If he expected me to wear this...in public, or even for him, he was more of a nutcase than I had thought. It was a stunning dress...but who was I? The duchess of darkness or something? I set the dress aside opening up the rest of the boxes. To my shock, the rest of the attire was of the same caliber. See-through, leather, or silk. Just plain sexy. I sat on the bed in a huff after discovering a box OVERFLOWING with underwear and bras from Victorias Secret.

"Who does he think I am?!? EVORA??" I said through gritted teeth. In the last box, I had also found neatly packed bags of tea leaves. I was tempted to take them all and head for the hills...but truth be told, I was frightened of Armand. It was much better to sit in my golden cage, than be ripped to shreds at his hand.

I sifted through all the clothes, desperately trying to find ANYTHING decent I could wear tonight. I settled on a cranberry colored babydoll dress and panties that had the most coverage. I went into the sparkling bathroom with the gold fixtures and the enormous clawed tub.

After taking a much needed shower, I began to get dressed. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror as I slipped into my outfit. There was no way I could compare to Evora. With my shaggy hair and small face. Armand had left make up from Sephora for me, so I decided I'd try some. After fixing myself up and fluffing my hair...I didn't look so bad. I was almost...pretty.

My round face was framed by feathers of my hair creating a wild look. I had applied a thin line of eyeliner and red lipstick. I sprayed a bit of some perfume, and smiled. Maybe tonight wouldn't be so bad...right?
•. •. •

Wrong.

I couldn't walk in my shoes which were heels...and that was the only thing Armand had picked for me. After falling for about the 60th time, Armand emerged from his hidey hole and examined me, unsmiling.

"You need to work on that." he said running a hand through his perfect hair. I stood up for him and there was something in his eyes that I just couldn't grasp. Was it...no...it wasn't. He turned away, walking to the mini fridge in the corner.

"You look...decent." he said gruffly as he pulled out a container and put it in the microwave. I bit my lip. As the microwave dinged.

"Thanks?" I said watching him take the container out and pour its contents into a wine glass from the bar. It was thick and red, I shuddered realizing that he was having dinner.

"Did you like the clothes I picked for you?" he asked taking a sip. I sat down on the bed.

"Actually...NO!" I said crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm not a doll, and youre not my father...or husband." I said remembering the deliveryman calling me MRS. Servano. Armand shrugged leaning against the bar and twirling the blood in his glass, inspecting it.

"This is a good age, tastes like a 13 year olds." he said smiling at me and drinking. "I only want the best for you my pet. You are a part of my life now, and I can't have you be a bad representation of my product."

I pushed my finger in a dimple in the blanket.

"As soon as I'm ready, we'll go to our first stop. The Bar 6." he said taking his glass and suit into the bathroom. I waited, listening to the shower run and then for him to come out dressed. He came out wearing an outfit that complemented mine. It had red cuffs and he had his hair slicked back. The smell of bougainvillea drifted from him, an intoxicating smell I would always remember. His glass was empty as he set it back on the counter. He straightened his bowtie, which was so tight you could bounce a quarter in one of it's folds. I tugged on the short hem of my dress, realizing that my breasts were pretty much ready to fall out of the décolletage. I caught Armand staring, but he looked away.

"Let's go." he said looking at the wall, fangs out.
• • •

The night was dark and muggy as Armand left the car to the valet service out front of the Bar 6. The Bar 6 looked like a hole in the wall in one of the dingiest parts of town.

Armand held his arm out and I put my hand on it following him to the pitch black entrance. The scenery cometely changed when I walked in. It smelled expensive and it was dim as supernaturals coasted across the slick wood floors like ghosts from another world. A more sophisticated and dangerous yet beautiful world.

Cigar smoke hung in the air as Armand confidentaly led me to a secluded area where a few men and their women sat comfortably, smoking cigars and talking. They all looked up when we approached.

"Armand! My oldest friend!" A stunning man with white blond hair said grandly standing up and grinning. Everyone else clapped politely as Armand bowed animatedly. His friend looked to me with black eyes.

"Ahh, your business partner, Miu, I assume. And she is a tasty looking creature." his woman looked me over hungrily, but keeping her cool.

"VERY tasty." She said, her tight red pincurls shining in the low light. I smiled a wobbly smile, noticing Radu sitting not far from her. He chuckled lighting a cigarette.

"I could say the same." I said trying to muster my old sarcastic charm. But I was out of my element. The woman smiled smugly.

"She is quite beautiful. I'm Ronald and she's Ivana." the man with white blond hair introduced. "And we have been absolutely DYING, to order a nice bottle of AB." there was an agreeing murmmur from everyone in the small group. Armand and I sat, side by side on plush armchairs. As they began to talk, I zoned out and noticed someone in the corner, unmoving, unspeaking.

"How did you land upon such a beautiful young human Armand. I couldn't see a woman willingly being stuck with a dog like you for eternity." Ronald joked putting a hand on Ivanas shoulder. "I'm assuming that she's your human as well as your business partner."

"I had to negotiate, and in the end she just couldn't say no." Armand said slyly steepling his fingers. I swatted at him.

"Actually, I think we were meant to be business partners." I said smiling. "JUST business partners." I wasnt intimidated by these people anymore, Ronald had an air about him that I liked. Like a grandpa vampire or something. I felt safe.

Ronald laughed and everyone else did as well.

"No fear. That's what I love in a human." Radu was the only one not laughing as he stood up and walked away. Ivana looked after him and raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"Always the wet blanket at a party." she said flagging a waiter down. A middle aged man wearing a suit and apron came over. His neck was covered with puncture wounds and scabs. Armand saw the horror on my face and leaned in to whisper to me.

"He's a host. Or a human that let's us feed off of him. Trust me, he makes a LOT of money." I relaxed, but that still didn't make it okay...I thought looking to Ronald who smiled at the waiter.

"Winston! We're all famished and I think tonight is an elderly night..." he said scanning the menu. A few other vampires chimed in.

"Yeah, a nice 50 year old. Mixed with Mondavi."

"Maybe 53, on the verge of diabetes."

"And a Cherry coke for our little sister over here." Ronald said winking at me. I looked down at my lap, not daring to object.

Winston wrote this down and bowed out. The man in the corner finally moved, bending foreword to grab a cigar. He looked so familiar, but I just couldn't identify him in this light. He had slightly slanted eyes, with curly black hair and a tan complexion. It bothered me that I couldn't recognize him, but I didn't let it show.

"So Armand, how are we going to put this tea out there?" Ronald asked.

"By forcing it down as many throats as possible." Armand answered smiling wanly. Everyone laughed as the bottles of blood were brought out and distributed.

"I for one would LOVE to start controlling humans as soon as possible." Ivana said mischieviously. I froze. Wait, CONTROLLING humans? I looked to Armand who didnt even flinch. Wait...was that his plan all along? My stomach turned.

"Well, I invited one of the best promotion managers there is, who also happens to be one of the wealthiest vampires of our era." Ronald said puffing on his cigar, Armand coughed and Ronald laughed. "Besides, Mr. Servano. Of course." The man in the corner stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked around proudly, his handsome chin turned towards the light. It was then that I recognized him, I had seen him in family albums before, and it hit me like a punch to the guts.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Troy Stewart."