Status: Here we go!~ :) ♥

Scream for the Zombie Apocalypse!

Chapter One

(POV: Rui)

“Principal’s office. NOW!” our sensei demanded. My best friend, Gin and I shrugged it off, walked down the clean white hall, and went down the concrete staircase to the second floor. We went straight down the hallway and to a room with glass doors and wide glass windows.

The school secretary poked her head up and motioned for us to sit on the bench where we were to wait for the principal.

We’ve sat on that particular bench multiple times before. It wasn’t like we were bad kids; we just got tired of the school uniform and would sometimes wear our own clothes, thus earning us detention. My mother didn’t exactly mind. She told me she was the same way when she was my age, back when she lived in Great Britain. My father didn’t approve of it, but he’s never said much to me about it.

I smoothed my skirt out of impatience. I had selected a white Antic Café T-shirt displaying the Nyappy Go Around the World logo, a black skirt with a pink layer underneath, some white thigh-highs, and a pair of black lace up boots. I had multiple bracelets and a few silver rings adorning my wrists and fingers. I pulled my medium-cut black hair up in a half up, half down hairstyle, leaving my purple-grey bangs to frame my face.

Gin had violated the uniform policy, as well. She wore a light blue Alice Nine T-shirt with little silver letters reading “DISCO THE QUE PLAY LIKE “A” RAINBOWS,” black studded skinny jeans, with black sneakers. She wore several thick studded and multicolored bracelets with two gold rings. She let her white-streaked brown hair flow down to her shoulders.

It wasn’t unexpected. As a matter of fact, it was planned. We waited for several minutes, but there was still no sign of the principal. The secretary was handling several phone calls. The phones were ringing more than normal. They were SUCH a headache! The secretary’s facial expression showed obvious signs of stress as she continued to deal with the phones and rapidly typed on a computer with her manicured fingernails.

A wooden door to our left opened. Principal Fujihara stepped out and beckoned us to follow him into his office. We did so in silence.

Once we were all seated in his office, he got down to business.

“I can very well see why you have been sent here to my office. Violation of the school dress code for fifth time. You know how we deal with that, so we’ll make this short,” he told us, getting discipline slips from his desk drawer. He didn’t even ask for our names; he knew very well who we were.

He handed us our slips. “You have detention tomorrow afternoon in room 37. I expect to see you there wearing your school uniforms. You have violated the rules and your punishment, hence detention, WILL come.”

He continued. “You may go back to class.”

We walked out of the principal’s office and to the secretary’s room, to hear her talking to someone frantically on the phone.

“Is this a joke?!” She demanded. “Hello? Hello?! Enough fooling around! Who are you?! HELLO?!” she slammed the phone back down in pure frustration.

Gin and I got out of there as fast as we could. We were afraid that the over-stressed secretary would throw something at us or something.

“Now what?” I asked her, once we were in the clear.

She glanced up at the big clock perched on the hallway wall.

“We’ve only got seven minutes of our first class left. There’s really no point in going back.” She answered.

I laughed. “Let’s step outside for a moment and get some fresh air, then.”

Gin agreed and we made our way downstairs and out into the school yard.

“Who’s that?” I asked, pointing at someone several feet away.

“I don’t know. A new kid, maybe?” she guessed.

“Looks weird,” I commented. “Let’s go back, I guess.” She nodded and began to follow me back inside the school when we heard something strange mere feet away from us that made our hearts stop cold.

A shriek pierced the air.

We whipped around to see the new kid tackling a girl to the ground and…biting her?

“Bloody hell!” I exclaimed with pure accent, rushing to the girl’s aid.

Gin ran after me. Something just wasn’t right about this.

The girl shrieked again and was then dead silent.

“W-what the fuck is this?!” Gin yelled, stopping dead in her tracks. I was still running.

“Rui!” Gin cried running and grabbing me. “There’s nothing we can do! She’s dead!” Gin screamed. I was unable to believe her words.

The so called new kid began to moan, as did the girl.

I don’t really remember it, but somehow Gin and I were already running back inside the school.

Our lockers were on the third floor. We made it to the second just as the bell rang.

Students piled out of the classrooms, as if it were a normal day. But it wasn’t a normal day. It was all just too unreal. I couldn’t stop running. Or well, at least not until I bumped into someone.

“Excuse you!” a girl exclaimed.

It was none other than the rude Kameko Higa.

Gin noticed the hold up and came back for me.

“This isn’t the time for games!” she cried at Kameko.

“It sure isn’t!” She snapped. “I’m missing my appointment, so if you’ll get out of my way…!” She sneered, going around us.

“Bloody hell!” I exclaimed. “Don’t tell me you’re going outside!”

Kameko looked at me in disgust. “Bloody hell!” She mimicked in a high pitched voice, scoffing. “Damn half breed,” she muttered, pushing me down and making her way down the hallway.

“That bitch!” Gin seethed, helping me up. Kameko called us ‘half breeds’ all the time. I was half British and half Japanese, and Gin was half German and half Japanese. Most of our schoolmates were full Japanese, Korean, or Filipino students. Some were even all three, or mixed with some other Asian race. But that’s what we got for living in Japan, I guess.

Even over the noise and chaos of the students changing classes, the shattering of glass could be heard.

Gin and I went half way down the staircase and saw that about five strange people had cornered a teacher. A broken flower pot thing was lying on the ground a few feet away. The strange people stood around it, moaning and groaning.

“What are you doing here?!” The teacher demanded the five people. Their heads snapped in his direction and they began to close in on him despite his cries. They began to EAT him!

No, this can’t be happening! I thought. My eyes were probably as wide as Gin’s as we slowly backed our way up back up to the second floor.

The bell rang at that moment. The flesh eating THINGS bit at it, but it was too high up on the wall.

Gin and I took off running down the hall.

What the hell was going on here?!

We couldn’t go to a teacher. What could they do about it?

“Let’s quickly get our stuff and go to our class and convince Mrs. Jouda to barricade the classroom,” Gin suggested as we ran.

I nodded. We made it to our neighboring lockers, put in our combinations, and ripped them open, grabbing our messenger bags. We shut them, and ran down the hall to our second class.

“Do you think they will make it to the third floor?” I asked as we ran.

“I don’t know,” Gin replied, stopping at the classroom door and wrenching it open.

“You’re la-“

“We know!” We exclaimed interrupting the teacher and locking the door.

“What do you think you’re doing?! Sit down this instant!” She demanded.

“Listen! People were just killed in the school yard and on the first floor!” I yelled.

“We need to barricade ourselves!” Gin added.

The teacher and the whole class just stared at us. The class erupted into laughter and the teacher pointed us to our seats.

What were we to do?!

I didn’t know at the time, but there was one thing I did know.

Mr. Fujihara was wrong. Detention would never come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooo!~ First chapter! :) JRockLover will be writing the next one!~ ^_^