‹ Prequel: Turning Tables
Status: This will be short, only about 7 or 8 chapters.

Go Your Own Way

.05

“I’m going on tour,” Brian interrupted me quickly. “I was going to talk to you about it, see if they could stay with you for about three months.”

“Yes,” I said happily, my eyes widening. “Yes, I’d love that. Thank you, Brian.”

“You know I’m not keeping them from you, you know. I don’t tell them to not come over,” he said softly, defending himself. “They don’t come over a lot because-“

“Because of what?” I asked softly.

“They don’t like you being around that guy,” he looked off, to take a deep breath. “They keep asking me why we don’t live together anymore.”

“Because I made a mistake,” I said softly and backed up. “It’s not like I don’t love you Brian, because I do. They know that, I tell them all the time. I just can’t put myself through the guilt, knowing that I did that to you.”

“I’ve forgiven you, Bliss,” he said simply, holding his hands out. “What more do you want?”

“To go back and make it to where it never happened but I can’t, I’m happy because I have Harper but I lost you,” I licked my lips, something I did absently. “I love you Brian but I did this to us.”

“I slept with Trish,” he said, firmly. “I wasn’t drugged, I was drunk. You assumed I had been drugged and I never said any different because I was afraid that I’d lose you. Now I am, over something stupid. We both screwed up, Bliss. We both made mistakes. We’ve been married for twelve years; we’re bound to fuck up at some point. We made it count; we can start over and pretend it never happened. We’re family, we’re best friends, and I can’t live without you Bliss.”

“You were drunk?” I said softly, looking from the ground to him. “Why didn’t you tell me that?”

“I figured you’d tell me to get lost, you hate cheaters and I was guilty for the longest time, I still am,” he explained. “But I didn’t let a mistake get between us, I asked for forgiveness and I made our life better by treating you better.”

“I don’t know what to do Brian, I feel so guilty for doing that,” I honestly didn’t know what to say to him. “I- I’m set on being miserable forever just so I won’t feel like I’m not good enough for you.”

“You’ve always been good enough for me, we’re soul mates,” he said.

I didn’t know what to do; I closed my eyes and shook my head. I was so confused. “What do I do Brian?” I asked, truthfully I needed my best friend back, I needed his advice.

“Come back home,” he softly called out. “Come back to me.”

“I have to think about it,” I leaned forward and kissed the corner of his mouth and hugged him tightly. “I have to go, be careful on tour.”

“I love you Bliss,” he said before I walked around the car to the front seat. “Don’t ever forget it.”

“I love you Brian,” I repeated. “Don’t ever forget it.”

~*~*~*~

“Why are you guys so quiet?” I asked softly, as I scooped macaroni in to Danielle’s plate, she glanced from me to Travis who was playing with Harper in the floor and then back to me. “Do we need to go talk after dinner?”

“No,” Jacoby shook his head hesitantly and grabbed his plate from my hands. “Thanks mama.”

“You’re welcome baby,” I said softly, eyeing him suspiciously.

“Mom can I have some more macaroni?” Danielle asked, I glanced over at her and smiled before I scooped some more on her plate.

“Travis come eat,” I called out to him as I sat Danielle’s plate down and started on Jacoby’s, after handing it back to him. I sat down to feed Harper her bottle of milk. “Go ahead and eat, I’ll feed her.”

“I’ll do it, you can eat,” Travis offered but he veered off at the end of his sentence when he noticed how much trouble Jacoby was having with his hamburger. “Jake, bud do you want some help with that?”

“Nope,” Jacoby looked down at his plate and shook his head. “I got it.”

“Are you sure, I can cut it so you don’t have to struggle with it-“ he offered.

“I said no,” Jacoby’s tone was harsh and it shocked us all. Jacoby wasn’t an angry child, he never had been. He had always been happy go lucky, just like his uncle Jimmy who never got mad at anything.

“Jacoby,” I called out as he slid out of his chair and ran to my bedroom. “Travis can you hold Harper, I have to go talk to him.”

“Yeah,” he grabbed Harper from my hands and put her in the nape of his arm. “Listen, I’m sorry if I stepped over the line-“

“No, you didn’t at all, you were being nice,” I assured him with a smile as I walked backwards down the hallway to my room. I turned around and pushed the door open once I reached it, I slid in quietly and listened for any signs of where he was hiding. When I heard sniffling coming from under the bed, I crawled underneath to find him. “I’ve never seen you angry; it was kind of sad, kiddo.”

“I’m sorry,” he wiped under his eyes quickly. “I didn’t mean to be.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

comment!