Status: A Second Part to be up soon! :)

Angelic Love

Four.

Saturday afternoon at noon, I heard a faint scream; although it was faint it was still too loud for my liking. I rushed out of my room and ran down the stairs. When I got down I was stunned. My mother was lying on the floor and blood was dripping from her heard. I had no idea what was going on.

What puzzled me even more was that no one was home, I figured if my dad or sister was home maybe a fight broke out; no one was here. I began to panic.

“Mom,” I yelled.

She looked at me with a scared look in her eyes. I had no idea what just happened. I was in panic mode and everything I had learned about what to do in an emergency just went out of my head.

I rushed over to her and noticed that was a lot of blood, I began to shake a little. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do.

“M-mom what happened?” I asked.

“C-call the am-”

She stopped it was almost as though she didn’t know what the word was. I needed her to tell me what happened before I called anyone.

“Mom, how did you get here?” I asked.

“I-I don’t know, I was walking down the stairs and just fell, I don’t know how.” She said.

“But your head it’s bleeding,” I said.

“I-I’m not sure I must have hit my head against something,” she said

She began to shriek all over again. She kept yelling about a pain in chest. I had no idea what was going on. She was shaking and I was in full panic mode.

I rushed to the phone and called 911. They automatically asked who she was to me and a whole bunch of questions. I was so nervous on the phone and stuttered so much they must have thought I was crazy. I just wanted my mom to be okay.

They kept on asking me questions, I guess it was to calm me down, but wasn’t working, not at all. If anything it was making me even more worried. I just wanted my mom to be okay.

Before I knew it I heard the siren and a knock on my door. I hurried and answered it and I looked at my mom I wasn’t sure how responsive she would be. I was really worried about her; I wished this would not have happened. I really didn’t know how to handle this kind of stuff and it made me super worried. I just knew that if she wasn’t okay I would get the blame.

My father was the type of guy to pass the blame around. You see if something terrible happened to my mother, it would be my fault; although I wasn’t there when it happens it was still my fault. Why? His excuse would be that I wasn’t there to help stop it. How would I know if there was something happening to her? Even if I was there how would I have stopped it?
I was partially blaming myself though; I was usually up bright and early on a Saturday. This time I slept in, I slept in until noon. I never sleep in until noon. I usually was awake by nine latest ten on a Saturday morning. I couldn’t believe this. The scary part was, I only woke up because of the scream. Had she not yelled I would have slept through it, and god knows what could have happened? I was lucky that I heard it; to make matters worse I slept with the door close. How loud did she really scream?

I looked back and my mom was on a stretcher with her eyes closed and they strapped her in there. I began to panic. I was so scared that I began to sob. I was shaking and I was a ball of nerves, I just thought that the worst was going to happen to her.

“Can I ride with you?” I asked.

“If you do come you will not be allowed in the room until everything is cleared, so mame it’s your choice.” He said

“Can I ride in the back?” I asked.

“That I’m sorry is out of the question, you can sit in the front but we don’t want you in the back. It’s not something you want to see. Your mother is in there right now and they’re already trying to see what they can do to help. So please make your choice,” he said.

“I’ll come,” I said.

We rushed into the car and the driver was driving pretty fast. He turned the siren on and within mere minutes we were at the hospital. I was rushed into the waiting room, while my mom was taken away. I have no idea where she went and all I did was sit there. I had nothing to do but sit and hope and cry.

I sat there and sat there and just sat there. After a while I realized that I had to call my dad and sister to let them know what had happened. I just needed to find a phone now.
I went to the front desk and asked if I could use their phone and they allowed with no questions.

I decided to call my sister first because she’d actually want to listen to what I had to say.

“Elena,” I said.

“Yes?” She asked.

“I have to tell you something important,”

My voice was shaking and I was tearing again.

“What is it?” She asked

I could hear the panic in her voice, and I didn’t want her to cry.

“It’s mom,” I said.

“What happened?” She asked.

She was yelling, and I hoped she wasn’t anywhere important.

“She’s in the hospital,” I said.

I was crying at this point and I didn’t know what to do.

She didn’t say another word; I took that as my queue to go on.

“Today at noon I heard a shriek and I rushed downstairs and mom was laying on the floor, she-she was uh, bleeding from her head. She said she was walking and just fell. She was just there and she began to shake. I called the ambulance and she’s here,” I said.

“How long has it been?” she asked.

“A little over an hour,” I said.

“And you didn’t think of calling me sooner?”

I could tell that she was getting angry with me and I felt bad for not telling her sooner.

“I was crying and worried and it slipped my mind,” I said.

“Well you could have called me before you called 911,” she said.

“Now you’re the crazy one!” I yelled.

“Why?”

“Because that’s selfish, you have no idea how stupid that sounds, I called you now and that’s enough.” I said.

“You don’t always have to be moody,” she said.

“I didn’t call to argue, I called you before dad because I thought you’d actually listen. I guess not, you can call dad and tell him because I’m not.” I said.

With that the conversation was over and that was it. I didn’t want to speak to her for a little while. I hated when she yelled at me for just no reason. I loved her and I was always the first to defend her, yet when things didn’t go her perfect way I was the one she yelled at.

My sister arrived and asked me the details and was a lot calmer, thank the lord. I didn’t want yelled to happen in a hospital.

She stayed a little and gave my hand a squeeze and told me that it would all be fine. Unfortunately she had to leave because she had a very important interview that could potentially change her life forever. She was worried that she was being selfish but I assured her that she wasn’t.

When my dad found out he broke down on the phone but was so caught up that he couldn’t leave. He was told that if he left during he would get fired. He called me and cried on the phone telling me how sorry he was. I couldn’t help but cry with him. I never heard my dad cry and I assured him that it would be okay, that I was a big girl and could handle this on my own.
In reality I wasn’t able to. I broke down and had someone else comfort me. I hated crying in public places because I thought it made me weak.

I thought about him, and I smiled for a moment. He just made me think of the good side of the things and not the negative, and it really helped me get through the rest of the day.
It was over six hours that I had been in here, and I wasn’t sure what was going to happen.

“Madame,”

I turned my head and it was a doctor.
“Yes?” I said.

The doctor explained to me that my mom would be going through multiple tests tonight and that it would be in my best benefit to go home. I didn’t want to go home, but he said there would be no results for the rest of the night seeing as the testing had just begun and it was nowhere near done.

I called my father and he came as quick as he could. When I got in the car it was the most awkward thing ever. My dad became his asshole self all over again. I knew he was going to blame me; before I could even explain myself.

“Listen to me you should have been awake,” he said.

“Dad, I didn’t know that was going to happen,” I said.

“I don’t care, the fact is that it did happen,” he said.

“It wasn’t my fault!” I yelled.

“Yes it was! You were supposed to be the one who watches out,” he said.

“I didn’t know,”

The battle went on, and I gave up. There was nothing more that I could say to even attempt to prove my point. I just simply wasn’t there, but if I was would it really have been different?

“Oh now you stay quiet,” he said.

“Dad, when I tried to talk you just yelled and now that I shut up you want me to talk?” I asked.

He didn’t say a word just slapped my face for a second time. He hit the same spot that he had hit the first time and it stung like a bitch.

When he pulled into my drive way I went up to my room like always. I needed to be alone because right now I had reached my breaking point. I couldn’t believe that this was happening to me right now. How was this all my fault? I couldn’t believe that at this point in time that I was the sole cause of everyone’s pain. It honestly seemed that way to and if I was then I needed to change that. Something had to be done; I just didn’t know what yet.

When I got into my room I instantly broke down. I couldn’t control my emotions right now. I was sobbing beyond belief, and I didn’t know what to do.

Everything hit me at once.

My mother was in the hospital and God knows what was wrong with her. My dad blamed me, and my sister well I wasn’t sure anymore. I loved her so much, but she was starting to get catty with me too and I wasn’t sure what to do with her; or my life.

I glanced over to my dresser and saw those wings. They lit up a little bit, and that made me smile; although I was confused as to why they lit up. I went over to them and took them in my hand. I instantly felt warmth in my heart and for the first time today I felt happy. I kissed the wings and closed my eyes. I just wished for everything to be okay and that I would find myself.
I looked back at the wings after I put them down and they were shining even more than before. My heart filled with joy.

I was suddenly so tired and I couldn’t keep my eyes open for any longer. I went under my covers and let the tired take me over.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this chapter, it's a little more to the serious side of things.