Status: Complete.

Heels Over Head.

1/1

Oliver Phelps sat in his trailer alone. Today was the last day that he and his brother James would be needed on the set for Harry Potter. He sat there. Looking into the mirror before him. They had just finished filming Fred’s death scene and Oliver was a mess. It physically exhausted Oliver to film that scene. He had to make himself presentable before leaving the studio. Especially if he was leaving with her.

Miranda Flint was Rupert Grint’s makeup artist. More importantly, she was Oliver’s best friend. Meeting 4 years ago, Oliver was the first person to talk to Miranda on set. They clicked. He made her feel welcome. From what seemed like a harmless crush, Oliver’s feelings had grown.

Oliver breathed in and out slowly, trying to regain his composure. There was a light tap at the trailer door before it swung open to reveal Miranda smiling at him.
Miranda Flint was beautiful. There was no doubt about that in Oliver’s mind. To Oliver, his best friend was flawless. She sported long chocolate brown hair, that today lay loosely in ringlets falling just below her shoulders. Her eyes of a bright blue colour framed by small traces of jet black eyeliner. Her lips, a soft rosy pink colour with a light layer of gloss shining over the top.

“Ready to go?” She walked into the trailer, her curls bouncing slightly with each step.

Was he ready to leave? For the last time in his life he was walking out and never coming back. This was really it. The last 10 years of his life had had the stable feeling of knowing he could come back. But this time was different. The prospect of what lay ahead for both him and his brother’s acting careers both excited and scared him.

Miranda knew that it was going to be an emotional day for her best friend. It would be for her too. Over the 3 years that she had worked on the Harry Potter set she had grown accustom to the way of life lived on set. The few hours down time each day, the deep and meaningful with Rupert. She could hardly imagine what Oliver felt. Or the rest of the cast for that matter.
Miranda had the night planned for Oliver and herself. She knew that James was set and going out tonight and she doubted Oliver would want to be left alone. So, as a best friend does, she stepped in with a plan. A nice, quiet, corny night in. Just what he needed.

“Just let me get my things.” Oliver smiled weakly, standing up.

Upon turning to face Miranda, she noticed that he was visibly upset.

“Hey stop.” She reached up to stop Oliver from gathering his things. “Are you okay?”

He sighed. Only his best friend would be able to pick this up. He thought that he had covered himself up well enough before her arrival. Clearly not.

“Yeah.” He nodded. “Just a big day is all.”

“Filming Fred’s death?” She asked. He looked over at her, confused. “James texted me telling me that you took it hard.”

Typical James. Always looking out for his brother. Miranda was thankful for this today because, knowing Oliver and his ‘male pride’ there was no way that he would have let anything slip to her.

“I guess I did.” He shrugged.

“Stop being such a man Ollie!” Miranda pulled her best friend into a tight hug. “It’s okay to be upset!”

Oliver didn’t want to be upset on front of her. He felt pathetic for it. He was meant to be a man. The strong one. He was the stronger twin. James would openly tell people how he felt, where as Oliver was more the one to hide it.

“My god Ollie. I would be worried if you weren’t! You just saw your brother as if he were dead! That and the fact that one of the biggest parts of your life ends today!”

“I know.” Oliver sighed gripping Miranda tightly. “I just didn’t want you to see it.”

Miranda pulled back from the hug, still resting her hands on his arms. She looked into his eyes and shook her head.

“Why?” She asked “I’m your best friend Oliver!”

“I just feel like an idiot when I get upset in front of people.” He admitted. “Let alone you!”

Miranda almost felt bad that her best friend didn’t want to be upset in front of her. She understood that it was a guy thing to cover up a lot of stuff, but she thought that this would be different. She thought that her best friend would feel comfortable enough around her to tell her everything. Miranda did with him.

Sighing, she took a seat in one of the spare chairs in the trailer. The same chair she had sat in for the last 3 years when coming to talk to Oliver.

“You should feel comfortable to tell me these things though Ollie.”

“And I do Miranda.” He also took a seat. “I just. . .”

Oliver grabbed Miranda’s small hand and held it securely in his larger one. He looked at his best friend for what seemed like forever. He wasn’t sure how to explain this all to her without blurting out his feelings for her.

“I don’t want to be a burden over things I can handle myself okay? I trust you with every last bit of me that I have, but when it’s petty it’s worth just leaving it.”

“So this was petty then?” She asked. “This is far from petty Ollie! My god, I feel like crap over the fact that tomorrow is my last day and I haven’t even worked half the time here that you have or made half as many friends!”

“That’s because you’re a girl.” He laughed. “You get emotional over these things.”

She slapped his arm lightly.

“Does that make you a girl too?” She retorted, smiling. “I mean you did cry on set!”
The pair grinned at each other. Oliver had hoped he had gotten off the hook with Miranda’s questions. He should have known better than that.

“Promise me that you will come to me not matter what from now on.” She asked. “Please.”

Oliver sighed heavily.

“Oh come on Ollie!” She groaned. “It’s not that hard! I don’t care if it’s as petty as ‘I-like-a-girl’ problems! Just talk to me, please.”

“Fine.” He gave in.

She jumped from her chair smiling, reaching out to Oliver for a hug. She had one, s was happy.

Pulling away from the hug, Oliver looked at her. “What if. . .”

“What if, what Ollie?”

“What if I like a girl that I have no chance with. We’re too good of friends to do anything about it, but it’s way too complicated to just go away?”

“Have you gotten any signs from her to say that she likes you back?” Miranda asked, turning to face him.

“Not that I can tell.” He sighed.

Miranda then did something that Oliver never would have expected in his life. She leaned in and kissed him. Not just a friendly kiss either. A proper kiss.

Pulling away, Miranda bit her lip. “What about now?”

Oliver smiled. “Nope, I think I could use a bigger sign from her.”

She laughed kissing him again.

“Now?”

“You do realize if you keep asking that I am gonna keep saying no so you kiss me, right?” Oliver grinned.

“I think I’m okay with that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Terrible Things - Mayday Parade.
Now so I'm only telling you this because life can do terrible things. . .

12:50pm! Wow!
Okay, kinda crappy, I know. But I saw the quote and I needed to give Ollie some loving. Who's seen the movie? I bawled like a baby. But on the brightside, it made me wanna write more HP related stuff! Who's keen?
Miranda's Outfit