The Academy

Chapter 12

We were all walking to the lounge for Friday Night Movie. Classes were just ending so everyone was out and about. Danny had made an obscene joke about some girl and since we were all used to it, we laughed.

“Attention everyone!” We heard someone yell from behind us, causing us to turn around. Michelle stood up on the ledge of the fountain, hand on hip and looking a bit pleased with herself.

“This can’t be good,” I sighed and was going to leave until she spoke again.

“Riley Williams is not the hero you all think she is.” Everyone around me turned and looked confused at me. “She is nothing better than a whore! In fact, she has plans to hook up with every guy in Kloss, taken or not.” She then pulled a book out of her bag. “This is Riley’s diary.” My face contorted with anger and confusion, I don’t have a diary. “In it, she writes about her various escapades. Including Danny Worsnop at a club in New York,” She held up a picture of Danny and I kissing. “Andy Biersack behind the student hangout,” A picture of Andy and I. “She even stooped so low as to kiss her best friend’s boyfriend,” A picture of Christian and I. That was fake, that wasn’t true!

I looked back at Cassie who looked hurt. I opened my mouth to say something but she shook her head and ran off, Claire and Audrina following her.

“Guys, you have to believe me,” I looked at the guys who were all shaking their heads. “Sure, I kissed Danny and Andy but I would never do that to Cassie! Ever!” They just shook their heads more and walked away. Everyone in the courtyard was glaring at me, whispering things to the person next to them. Michelle was still standing on the ledge of the fountain with a smile on her face. I stormed over to her. “I hope you’re happy. You finally got what you wanted.”

“Oh, I am,” Her smile changed from victorious to devlish. “Now why don’t you go snort a line with your trashy California friends.” She cackled. “Hang on to your boyfriends, ladies!” She shouted a bit louder.

My eyes narrowed and if this were last year or the year before that, I would have pounced. But not this year. I didn’t have the chance to anyway. Michelle and her cronies walked away leaving me standing by the fountain alone, judgmental eyes bearing into my back.

“Take a picture, it’ll last longer,” I mumbled as I walked toward the dorms. Cliché but the only thing I could think of. The room was empty. Cassie wasn’t on her bed doing her homework or texting Christian. There were three paper bags on my bed with a not on top.

“We can’t trust you anymore.” It read, signed by Cassie, Audrina, and Claire. Angrily I stuffed the back under my bed and grabbed my purse from on top. Most people hide in their rooms after being publically humiliated. I don’t. I face it head on. After all, at some point something else will happen and they will all forget about me.

I walked down to the café and ordered an espresso. I found an empty table in the back and sat down. I kept checking my phone, hoping for a text from someone. It was hopeless. No one was going to text me now. They didn’t trust me anymore and I felt alone.

A guy I didn’t quite recognize came up to me. He had short brown hair, green eyes, tan skin, and very white teeth. He sprayed throat spray in his mouth and smirked at me. “Can I help you?” I asked harshly.

“Just thought I’d come and make your job a little easier,” He laughed.

I made a disgusted noise, grabbing my bag and drink, and getting up. I heard laughing behind me as I walked out the door. Too disgusted to finish my coffee, I threw it away and headed to the library, at least it was quiet there. I found a book of poems on a shelf and sat in the back to read it. I just wish I could go back home now, but I knew that wasn’t an option. My parents would never let me go back to Beverly Hills High School. I was stuck at Kloss for another six months.

The library started emptying out before dinner. I waited so I could be the last person out, avoiding the glares and whispers. At dinner, I grabbed a bag of chips and looked around for a place to sit. The table where the group normally sat was empty, meaning they were probably in the lounge eating pizza and watching a movie.

Michelle sat a few tables down and diagonal from where I was. She was smiling evilly at me and then began to laugh with her friends. This was the happiest I had seen her since I came to Kloss. She felt like she had broken me down and that I would fight back. Maybe I wouldn't. Maybe I would be the bigger person and let everything play out.

Finishing my chips I threw the bag out and walked out of the mess hall. I took a detour past the lounge. Looking in, I saw them all sitting on the floor, watching some comedy that Cassie probably picked. I sighed heavily and walked to the dorm. I decided to go straight to bed. I didn’t want to deal with the awkward silence between Cassie and I.

Maybe tomorrow would be better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed it. Like I said short, but it seemed a lot longer in my notebook, I guess I just write big. Anyway, please comment, subscribe, recommend, and whatever else you can do :P I love you all! ONLY A FEW MORE CHAPTER LEFT UNTIL THE END AND THEN...

THE SEQUEL!