The Academy

Chapter 16

Michelle had been quiet the last few months of school. Something I was quite thankful for. I’d seen her around from time to time, something you couldn’t control at Boarding School. Breanna and Charlotte had taken to hanging out with Cassie, Audrina, Claire, and I sometimes and apparently hadn’t talked to Michelle since she was ousted by me. They seemed happier. Sam and I were still dating and I can’t say I’ve ever been this happy in my entire life.

Now we were graduating and most of us are heading on to bigger and better things in life. Cassie will be attending UCLA in the fall for theater and living with Christian. Audrina decided to move to Michigan with Jimmy and try and figure out her future rather than going right into it. Claire was staying in New York with her family and attending a small college up north. Since I was planning on helping Sam, Danny, Ben, Cam, and James with getting a recording contract, hopefully with my father, they’d be out to Laguna to visit and record in the basement every now and then, as would I See Stars to record their debut album.

“I present to you The Kloss Academy Graduates of 2008!” The dean announced signaling everyone in the class to take off their cap and throw it into the air. I was sitting next to Cassie as there aren’t many ‘W’ last names here so I turned to her and gave her a hug. After her I stood up and hugged Danny who was right next to her. Most of the group was a few rows in front of us or in Jeff’s case a few rows behind. We’d meet up with them after pictures with our families to go to the Hampton house for a graduation party, along with a few other classmates.

I walked back to where the parents were sitting and saw my mom, dad, Brittany, and shockingly, Braden. I hugged my mom and dad then moved to my little sister. Instead of hugging my brother I playfully hit him on the shoulder, laughing.

“I’m surprised you’re actually here,” I laughed.

“It’s your graduation, I had to come Riley,” He smirked slightly. He was wearing sunglasses even though they were sitting in the shade so I could tell he probably had a hangover. Same old Braden, nothing had changed. It was nice of him to be here though.

I felt hands snake around my waist and a kiss on my cheek. I turned to see Sam, cap atop his head but his gown unzipped. “Congratulations Riley Williams, you survived Kloss Academy.”

“Mom, dad, this is Sam,” I introduced. “Sam, these are my parents, my little sister Brittany, and my older brother Braden.”

“Nice to meet you, Sam,” My mother smiled and shook Sam’s hand, though for some reason I got the feeling it wasn’t genuine. My dad was a man of few words so he just repeated my mother’s gesture. I rolled my eyes, typical of him.

“I’m going to find my parents,” Sam said, excusing himself. “I’ll meet you at the party bus to head to the Hamptons.” I nodded as he walked away. My parents began taking pictures, individual ones with each of the family members, a parent one, and then a full family one. My mouth hurt from smiling but it was time to head to the bus to the Hamptons.

“Have fun and be safe,” My mom warned. I nodded. “I’m proud of you, Riley.” I slightly smiled, as much as the cheek pain would allow before finding where the bus was parked. Everyone was already on it, including Andy, Christian, Ashley, Jake, and Jinxx who’d come to see the group graduate. I slipped off my cap and gown and sat next to Sam and he put his arm around me. I was wearing a little black dress with studs on the front but underneath was the real show. You see, I had a plan for tonight, and plan for Sam and I.

“I have a surprise for you.” I felt Sam’s warm breath against my ear. I murmured a bit to let him know to continue. “Well, my parents want to meet you so I decided that going to England this summer would be a good chance for you to meet them and spend time where I grew up so you’ll be coming to England with me for a few weeks starting in two days.”

“Are you serious?!” I exclaimed to which he nodded. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt him kiss the top of my head and settled down next to him once again for the ride to the Hamptons.

I could see Cassie and Christian cozying together in the corner and I smiled. They hadn’t seen each other in months but they were probably one of the happiest couples I know. Jimmy and Audrina were next to me. Audrina’s head was on his lap and his fingers were running through her hair. Most of the ride was full of catching up with Andy, Ashley, Jake, and Jinxx since Cassie and Christian were in their own little world. They’d come up with a name for themselves, Black Veil Brides. It was dark, I liked it. They’d stored their instruments in under the bus so they could show us what they had been working on during the party

We arrived about an hour and a half later. We stepped off the bus and as Black Veil Brides were getting their instruments out, everyone else walked inside to help get the house ready. We got the drinks out; after years of searching I came upon the liquor cabinet key last summer, I’d also had Braden drop some drinks off the week before so my parents didn’t find out, not that they’d mind, but it’d be better if they didn’t know.

As darkness fell, the graduates began filing in along with some of the kids here for vacation. There were people in the pool, mostly clad in underwear, and scattered between the house and the lawn. A football player looking guy decided to be the ‘bouncer’ and stand at the door. Music was blaring from the stereo and girls were in the middle of the living room, dancing with red solo cups in hand. It’s a funny thing to see classmates that you’d believe to be uptight and strictly studious students actually be letting go and seeming to have fun.

I laughed slightly to myself as I watched them dance, a red solo cup in my own hand. I took a sip as two arms snaked around my waist and his breath against my ear.

“Who’re you smiling at?” He asked. “Do I have competition that I don’t know about?”

I looked over at him and smiled, “No one can compete with you.” I gave him a peck on the lips before I heard my name being called.

“Riley! Some trash showed up on your front step,” The bouncer for the night yelled over the music. “Should I let her in?”

I looked over to see Michelle standing in the door way, rolling her eyes. She had her arms crossed and a leg out, tapping her foot against the concrete landing. Frankly, I was surprised that she would show up here but I guess she has more guts than I thought. I walked over and leaned against the doorway, Sam following close behind.

“I’m surprised you showed up,” I said to her to which she relaxed a bit.

“I guess you’re still mad at me,” She said and slightly looked at the ground.

“I have a right to be, you ruined my life,” I rolled my eyes. “But…” I trailed off making her look up in slight hope. “We both ruined each other’s lives so I guess we’re even. I’m calling a truce.”

“Truce accepted,” She smiled. “Does that mean I’m allowed in?” I nodded and her smile grew as she walked past me. “Thanks Riley.”

“Did that really just happen?” Sam asked as Michelle walked through the throng of people.

“I can’t end my high school career with grudges,” I sighed. “She may be a bitch but I can’t just stay mad at her. It’s a typical high school rivalry and what good can come of that?”

Sam rested his head against mine and smiled at me. “This is why I love you, Riley. You have a tough attitude but you’re forgiving.”

I smiled wide, slightly shocked that Sam had admitted to loving me. Sure we’d been going out for a while but neither one of us had said it yet, though I knew I’d felt it. “I love you too, Sam.” I then bit my lip slightly, knowing the time was now. “I have a surprise for you.” I took his hand and led him through the people and up the stairs. I walked to my bedroom and opened the door then looked back at Sam who had a shocked look on his face. I smiled and lead him inside, shutting the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
FIN! Finally I have finished this story! I hope you all enjoyed it and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing about what you think about the sequel! Read/comment/subscribe to the sequel/recommend!
Also I'd really appreciate it if you guys would check out my original fiction "The Salem Coven" and tell me what you think of that. I'm thinking of continuing posting it on here but I want to know what other people think since I'm mainly wanting to do it for feedback as I eventually want to try and get it published. So let me know what you think of that too!