The Academy

Chapter 2

Dinner at Kloss Academy was actually pretty good. Not something I would have expected from a Boarding School, or any school for that matter. I sat with Cassie, Audrina, and Claire at dinner. They were still a little worried about hanging out with Devin, Andrew, and their friends, seeing as Michelle thinks she is the big girl on campus. But I knew when a tough girl meets a tougher girl, the tough girl backs down, and I knew I was tougher than her.

After dinner, Cassie, Audrina, Claire, and I headed over to the student hangout across from Maple Hall to meet them all. We walked in and already in there were 16 very attractive guys.

“Uh, Riley, all of the guys on the list are here,” Claire whispered in my ear. “If Michelle shows up, we're definitely dead.”

“We'll be fine,” I whispered back. “Just relax and enjoy the time we have with them,” I walked over to Devin and Andrew who were standing with four other guys. “Hey Devin, Andrew.” I smiled at them.

“Hey Riley,” Devin smiled back. Oh god, his smile was gorgeous. “Guys this is Riley, she's new here. Riley you already met Andrew. This is Jimmy, Brent, Jeff, and Zach.” They all dressed in a similar way to Devin and Andrew, band t-shirts and skinny jeans.

“Nice to meet you.” I looked over my shoulder and saw the other girls look awestruck, I would probably be getting questioned by Cassie back at the room. Then I saw another group of five guys looking at me. “Well, I'll talk to you guys later.” I walked over to the other group of guys. They all had black hair and wore very tight clothes. The only difference was their hair was each styled differently. “Hi, I'm Riley.”

“Ah, so you're the new girl I heard people talking about,” One said. “I'm Andy and this is Ashley, Jinxx, Jake, and Christian.” All the guys were wearing black jeans except Andy who opted for black leather pants.

I waved and then looked over at the group on the other side of the room. “Who are they?” I still hadn't met Danny, so I knew one of them had to be him.

“Oh, that's Cam, James, Ben, Sam, and Danny,” Ashley said.Cam, James, Ben, Sam, and Danny all had long hair and wore v-neck t-shirts that showed their sleeve and/or chest tattoos and skinny jeans that some had the knees on them cut. I also noticed Ben had two lip piercings on his left side. “You'll get to know them better after we watch the movie.”

“What movie are we watching?” I asked.

“The Grudge,” Jake laughed. “It reminds of a girl named Michelle who goes here. She's a bit of a bitch.”

“Will she be joining us tonight?” My voice showed I was a bit nervous but they didn't seem to notice.

“No,” Jinxx laughed. “But if she saw you guys here, well you may get into a bit of trouble.”

“Yo, guys, we're about to start the movie!”Called the guy Ashley said was Cam.

I walked over to the girls who were still standing awestruck by the door. “You act like you haven't been around guys before,” I said. “Calm down. Michelle won't be joining us tonight. We have our pick of the litter right here. Every hot guy in this school is here, and we don't have to share them with her. Now come and join the party.”

“Riley, I don't know if you've realized this but these guys are extremely attractive here so it's a big deal to be in the same room with them,” Audrina explained.

“I understand this,” I retorted. “That is exactly the reason why you should take advantage of this moment.” I walked over and sat in the middle of the couch, Devin and the guy who I was told to be Sam sat next to me. The girls and the other guys sat on other couches and on the floor around the lounge.

The movie started and we all seemed relaxed. That is until the scary part came. I jumped, bringing my knees up to my chest and burying my face in them. I peeked up when it was over and relaxed. I looked over to see Devin laughing quietly at me. I playfully hit him in the shoulder. The movie ended within an hour and a half and we all were relaxed just as we had started. We still had another forty-five minutes until it was time to head to our dorms and get to bed, so we decided to talk.

“So Riley, why did your parents send you here?” Jinxx asked.

“Well,” I started. “I was what you would call a rebel. I drank, hooked up with random guys, got into fights, and back talked teachers. What really did it for my parents, and my school as well, was me coming in with a hangover.” The guys looked at me like they saw Samara coming out of the TV, which after this movie I wouldn't be surprised if they thought they did. “But I am really trying to change. I don't want to be kicked out of another school, especially since I am starting to like it here.”

“Well, we hope you do,” Sam smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

“Are you from England? I can't help but notice the accent,” I said to Sam.

“Yeah,” He smiled again. “Actually, me, Danny, Cam, Ben, and James all are. All of our parents said we needed to spend some time over seas.”

“So they found Kloss,” James finished.

“That's cool,” I said. “So...is there a List for girls? I mean there is on for guys but you have to have one for girls.”

“Actually, there is one,” Jimmy winked.

“But as of right now, it is pretty secretive,” Danny said.

“Oh come on, you can't let a girl in on a little tiny secret?” I smiled. They all shook their heads. I sighed, defeated. I would find out soon. The rest of the night we joked around and laughed. It was easily the most fun I had sober in a while. I was actually pretty happy.

“We should definitely hang out more,” Brent said as we were about to go our separate ways. The rest of the guys nodded.

“Definitely,” Jeff said.

“Consider yourself official members of the Anti-Michelle Alliance,” Ben laughed.

“Well, then we will definitely do this more often,” Claire said. We all hugged then we went to our respective dorms. Once there Cassie and I decided to have some girl talk.

“So Riley tell me,” Cassie urged. “How are you so confident around those guys? I mean you just walked up to them and started talking. Not even thinking twice.”

“I've always been confident around guys,” I shrugged. “I guess just being friends with a lot of guys your whole life you just are naturally confident. But I know it has nothing to do with me being a flirt.”

“So you're not a virgin?” She asked. I started laughing and her face became confused. “What? I'm so confused right now.”

“I am a virgin,” I laughed. “I never went any farther than making out. I have never been ready, I guess I am just waiting for the right one.” I sighed falling back on my bed then quickly sitting back up. “We should have breakfast with them tomorrow.” I took my phone out and texted Devin. “I have a feeling this is going to be the start of a great friendship group.

“Yeah, well we have class tomorrow so I am going to be getting to sleep,” Cassie laughed. “See you in the morning.”

“Night,” I said closing my phone. I crawled under the covers and closes my eyes. This was an interesting first day. I had a feeling that tomorrow would only bring drama because of what went on tonight but something drew me into those guys. Maybe it was because they were off limits. I soon fell asleep, eager for the first day of class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Cassie's alarm clock. I blinked a few times and looked around. I sat up a bit and looked at the clock.

“Six o'clock in the morning,” I sighed getting out of bed and walking to over to Cassie who was still asleep. “Cassie, wake up,” I shook her. “Cassie, it's six o'clock.” She mumbled something that sounded like an obscenity. “Love you too Cass, but you have to get up.”

“I'm up,” She sighed climbing out of bed. “So, what class do you have first?”

“English with Kelly,” I said as I opened up my drawers that I had put everything in after the cafe yesterday. I got out the outfit I had planned last night and put my new notebooks in my backpack.

“That means you have class with me, Audrina, and Andy,” She yawned going through her drawers and taking out what she was going to wear today.

“Sweet,” I smiled. “I'll have someone to talk to then.” I proceeded to get changed and then went over to the mirror and started on my makeup.

“French Toast for breakfast today,” Cassie smiled. “It's delicious Be sure to go back up for seconds.”

“I'll make not of that,” I laughed, putting my backpack on my shoulders. “Come on, we have to meet the girls and guys for breakfast.”

“Do you think Michelle will start anything if she sees us?” Cassie asked, nervousness dripping in her voice. “I mean we hung out with them last night, someone was bound to see us and tell her and now we are having breakfast with them.”

“If she does, then guess what?” I laughed. “I will have my first enemy here at Kloss Academy. Now come on, I see them all right over there.”

Luckily, they saved us a spot at one of the bigger tables in the cafeteria. We walked over and greeted everyone. We all got something to eat and sat back down. Everything seemed to be going well, we were all talking and joking around. The guys told me about my teachers and whose good side I should try and get on. Then, she cut in.”

“Guys, what are you doing talking to Cassie, Audrina, Claire, and the new girl?” The girl had blonde hair and a little too much foundation on. I figured this was Michelle.

“Well Michelle,” Cam said. “You don't own us really and we actually enjoy hanging out with Cassie, Audrina, Claire, and the new girl has a name, it's Riley Williams.”

“Well, Riley,” Michelle said walking over to me. “I guess since you are new there are some things you need to know.” I nodded standing up and crossing my arms. “First off, these boys are under my control and are off limits, especially Andy, Danny, and Devin. Second, I run this school and the rest of the people here are only the background. There is nothing you can do about it.”

“Oh really?” I asked. She nodded. “Well, let me tell you something. These boys are humans, and one human cannot control another. They have their own mind. Just because you are rich and they are the hottest guys here at Kloss doesn't mean you can just tell them what to do. Oh and I believe that the only person who runs the school is the dean and you can't do anything about that. So Michelle, hate to tell you that this isn't your world, you are just living in it.”

“Oh Williams, you are going to wish you never came to Kloss,” She glared. “I'll make sure of it.”

“Can't wait,” I smiled. She stalked off, clearly in a bad mood and I sat down again. “Like I said Cassie, I have made my first enemy here at Kloss. But she won't be a match for me.”

“Do you honestly think you will be able to take her?” Audrina asked. “Didn't your mom tell you, if you get in trouble here you get sent home?”

“I can find a way to take her and not get into trouble,” I answered. “This is Riley Williams we are talking about. I always find a way.”

“Yeah well, classes start in five minutes so we should get going,” Claire said finishing the contents of her chocolate milk and gathering her books. We followed her actions and started out of the mess hall towards our first classes.

Andy, Audrina, Cassie, and I were walking towards English with Mrs. Kelly who I was told was the nicest teacher on campus, so it should be easy to get on her good side and hopefully for me, to stay on it.

Andy was pointing towards the building where English classes were held when Michelle came up behind us and grabbed his hand, pulling him away from Cassie, Audrina, and I. She entwined her arm in his and looked back back giving me the “Bitch, I just owned you.” smirk. She was childish, doing things she thought would hurt me mentally, but had no guts to hurt me physically. I rolled my eyes at her as she turned around and flipped her long blond hair.

“Someone needs to teach her some manners,” Audrina said. “And how to apply foundation.”

“Let's not let her get to us,” I told them. “She is a small person who wants to make us feel smaller. Much like Maria Sanchez from my old school. She won't be taught easily.” I sighed and started walking again. “Come on, I can't be late for my first class on my first day.”

We walked into the building and into room 118, Mrs. Kelly's english room. I saw Andy sitting on the other side by himself and went to sit next to him when Michelle took a beeline and stole my seat. I kept my composure and walked over to where there were four empty seats. I sat in one with two empty desks next to me and one behind.

In the meantime, Michelle was being very touchy towards Andy and he looked like he wasn't enjoying it. He looked back at me with a look that pleaded for help. I gave him a sympathetic look and mouthed to him to sit next to me. Michelle then took his face and turned it so he was looking at her. He shook his head, got up, and walked towards me. She glared and I smiled at her, waving politely.

“Thanks for that,” He laughed, sitting down next to me. “Michelle just doesn't know when to stop. She can't take the hints that none of us are attracted to her. The only guy who would give her the time of day is Mason Crow.”

“Who is Mason Crow?” I asked leaning on my hand.

“The brunette guy that just sat next to Michelle, that's him,” Andy pointed. “He worships Michelle, thinks we should too since we are so graced by her attention. He likes being treated like a purse dog.”

“He must be mental,” I said. Andy nodded as he took a pen out of his pocket. A middle-aged women walked in and asked us to quiet down.

“To all of you who have noticed and those of you too oblivious to, we have a new student here at Kloss Academy,” She pointed to me. I hated being put on the spot. “This is Riley Williams and she is from California. I hope you all give her a warm welcome here,” She smiled looking over the class. “Oh and Riley, this weekend is the New York trip. We leave Friday after classes and we come back Sunday afternoon.” She took a paper off her desk. “Just bring this with you, if you want to go and hand it in. We have a whole hotel rented out for this.”

I nodded taking the paper off of her and putting it in my bag. She walked back up to the front of the room and started her lecture. I have to admit, I was only half listening. English came naturally to me. I didn't have to listen, it pretty much was a logic enforcing class. Instead, Audrina, Cassie, Andy, and I whispered, talking about the New York City trip this weekend, making plans for all of us to hang out.

“We should go to an underground club Friday night,” Andy suggested. “I know this great one. You guys would love it.”

“Oh my god, yes!” Audrina said. “I need to party now Like seriously, I am bored. Partying is needed.”

“I agree with Audrina,” Cassie nodded. “We should definitely go clubbing.”

“Then it's decided.” Andy smiled. I smiled back at him and nodded in agreement. We decided to listen for the rest of class, though now I was busy thinking of the weekend.

Now I had a plan. I wanted to land at least one of the boys. Mainly Andy, Devin, or Danny. That plan would go into action Friday night at the club. Hopefully, Little Miss Prissy Pants Michelle won't do anything to wreck this night for me. If so then I am not afraid to get into a fight at a club.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe if you like it. I really do take all the comments into account so please don't be a silent reader!

Riley's first day at Kloss