The Academy

Chapter 4

Once back to the hotel I got a shower, dried my hair, and curled it so that it cascaded down my back. I slipped into the dress that Audrina, Cassie, and Clarie picked out for me, did my makeup and slipped into my silver glitter high heels.

Cassie had also changed into the shirt I had picked out for her and the jeans I lent her and the shoes she bought. She was letting me do her hair which I did almost the same as mine, loose curls falling down her back and braiding her bangs and pinning them back. I did her makeup as well, making sure she looked good for Christian.

Once we were both done, we realized we still had fifteen minutes until we had to leave. Instead of just waiting there, staring at our phones, I put my iPod in its dock and pressed play on the last song I listened to. 'Queen of the Club Scene' by Jeffree Star. Yeah I know how strange it is for a girl like me to listen to a singer like Jeffree star, but whoever said how you dress has to dictate what you listen to? You can wear Jimmy Choo shoes, Dolce and Gabbana, and carry around a Louis Vuiton bag and still listen to Bring Me The Horizon or Jeffree Star or even Escape the Fate.

“Why do you have this song on your iPod?” Cassie laughed, finishing up a little touch up of bronzer. “This sounds like something Michelle used to listen to.”

“What she used to listen to?” I aksed, slight confusions on my face. “Am I missing something here? Is there something to Michelle I never knew?”

“Well, this generally isn't something I liked to talk about but Michelle and I used to be really good friends. I mean like best friends,” She started to explain. “Back then she used to dress like one of those so called 'Scene Queens', even went as far as to call herself the next Audrey Kitching, the model with the pink hair. She listened to Jeffree Star and alternative, 'screamo', and Electronic bands.

“Then in the middle of the year last year is when the guys started coming in and she wanted to get their attention, of course. So, that is when the list started and she made it her goal to keep everyone away from the boys, especially me, seeing as she noticed I liked Chrisitan. After Spring Break last year she came back with all designer duds, went from black to blonde, and said her father discovered something that could make unhealthy food a little bit more healthy. She threw away everything she owned from back then and started listening to all the mainstream stuff and thinking she was better than everyone.”

“So you mean to tell me Michelle used to dress like Jeffree Star and Audrey Kitching?” I asked surprised and she nodded. “Why did I never expect that?”

“It's not something Michelle likes to talk about,” Cassie shrugged. “She wants to be seen as the rich girl who owns the school and get everything she asked for. I never cleaned out my wallet from last year so I should have a picture of her somewhere...” Cassie trailed off as she went through her bag, taking out her wallet, and soon a picture. “This was given back when her and I were still friends.”

She handed me a picture of a black haired Michelle with dark makeup, a non-designer tanktop, and foundation lips. Her hair was choppy and thick on the top and thin on the bottom. It was the last thing I expected Michelle to look like. The class tough girl, an Audrey Kitching wannabe? Well, at least I knew she wasn't always tough.

Then my phone vibrated telling me everyone was ready to go. I knew something would probably happen at the club since Michelle probably knew the guys would be there so she felt like she had to go to make sure no one touched one of her precious trophy boys. Cassie let me put the picture in my clutch so I could possibly use it against her, knowing she would never want her past coming back up on her again.

We headed down to the lobby for the second time that day and were greeted by the guys, Claire, and Audrina. The, we were off to the club. I wouldn't doubt that it looked funny, a whole crowd of teenagers walking down the street in clubbing clothes. Though I don't think we cared what people thought of us at this point. As long as we went to this club and had a good time, nothing else mattered.

The club was only a couple blocks away. A set of steps leading down to the front door. You could hear the trance music outside, almost like you were inside. People who came outside to get some air were still dancing like they never came out. Since the club was an underground club, there was no age limit as long as you knew how to act. You could be sixteen but you had to be as mature as a twenty-one year old.

We headed inside and just went straight to the dancefloor. We were dancing with eachother and against other people we didn't even know seeing as the dancefloor was so crowded. The only people we hadn't seen since we got here were Devin, Andrew, Brent, Jeff, Jimmy, and Zach, though we knew they were probably setting up for the surprise they had for all of us. Andy's hands were on my hips as we danced, my back facing him and I put one of my hands on the back of his neck. That's when she came over.

“Well, well Riley Williams,” Michelle said, a posse of pissed girls behind her. A girl with short ginger hair and a brunette whose hair was long and was styled sort of like Audrina. “You really don't know when to stop do you?”

“Stop what?” I asked, acting oblivious to what she was really referring to. She didn't like the fact I was dancing with Andy.

“Stop dancing like that with my boyfriend,” She said, arms crossed, trying to look tough. I saw Claire shudder at bit from the corner of my eye.

“Your boyfriend?” I answered back, sarcastic shock in my voice. “I was under the impression that Andy wanted nothing to do with you. Actually I was under the impression that none of the guys wanted anything to do with you.”

“Are you actually telling Michelle off?” The brunette asked. “No one tells Michelle off. She can make your life a living hell.”

“Charlotte, stop,” Michelle said, putting her hand up in front of the girl named Charlotte's face. “Like I said, these boys are off limits to all of you. Stay away from them, or else.”

“Or else what? You're going to force us to listen to Screamo music while telling us the history of 'Scene Queens'?” I said, using air quotes around 'Scene Queens' and pulling the photo out of my clutch. “I still can't believe you used to look like this. I also can't believe you used to have real friends, not the ones who only like you because you are rich.”

“You did not just pull out a picture of the old Michelle. She is much better than that now and we are not her friends because she is rich, we're her friends because she is better than anyone at this school,” The red head said, giving me daggers.

“Breanna what did I say about talking? Not to,” Michelle ordered. “Riley Williams, I am going to give you one final warning. Stay away from these boys and I will leave you and all your little friends alone.”

“Hmm, let me think about that.” I paused as if trying to think. Then I said flat out, “No. You may own your little minions over there, but you don't own me. It's a free country and I will talk to, hang out with, and dance with whoever I choose.”

She turned away in a huff, with Breanna and Charlotte giving me dirty looks as they followed after her, though I couldn't help but think that they weren't totally genuine. I felt arms go around me in a hug, Andy, and the others were cheering and laughing and yelling after Michelle and her cronies. Michelle, Breanna, and Charlotte all stopped in a corner and started talking, probably thinking of ways to get back at me. They would have a hard time with that.

We all went back to dancing for the remainder of the song, dancing with each other, all up against one another. Then, the music stopped and the club host came out with a microphone and began to talk.

“Tonight, we have a great band here. They have never played here before, hell, I don't think they have ever played live before. They are here for a school trip and decided to surprise their friends from Kloss Academy,” He started. I couldn't think straight and didn't expect what had come next. “Please give it up for I See Stars: Devin, Andrew, Brent, Zach, Jimmy, and Jeff!”

.My face dropped and when I looked around so did everyone else's. Out came Devin, stepping up to the microphone, Brent and Jimmy had guitars, Jeff had a bass, Andrew sat at the drums, and Zach stood at the keyboard. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to dance but at the same time I didn't so I could listen and watch them better. The crowd was cheering and each gave a shy little wave. They started playing and Devin started singing.

“I'm a man of a million things that you can't stand. You're just a girl that's everything not in my world. Cause I stop, and you go and I run, too slow but let me go, go, go!” He sang, the continued with the chorus. “It's in the palm of your hands. If you threw it away it would be just to say you did. I should have known not to trust you. You were too good to be true and then your kiss left a taste on my lips and you eyes how they glow.”

Everyone was dancing and loving them, except me. I was too fixated on watching them. Soon, Zach stepped up with a microphone in his hand and Devin, who had been dancing around stage having a good time, put his back on the stand for the time being.

“I'm taking back what's mine,” Zach started screaming. “You took it from me and I want it back. What is rightfully mine. You'll never see our faces again.”

Devin came back up taking the microphone again, “You're feeling cornered. Try being the victims of your lies. You say it's torture. I think it's time for you to go. It's really time for you to go.”

The song ended and the crowd started going crazy. I was about to go up and hug them before they continued with their set but I was pulled away from the dance floor by Danny and over to a corner near the bar but behind a separation wall of sorts. My back was against the wall and Danny had one arm leaning on it in front of me.

“That was pretty badass what you did back there with Michelle,” He half smiled at me. “Pulling out that picture, I give you props. You really are a bad girl, but of course in the classiest way possible.”

“Well, I think of it like this,” I started, smiling up at him. “How can you be good when you were born to be bad? My mom thinks Kloss can change me, it may a little bit, but this is me and she doesn't understand that.”

“You can't be good if you were born to be bad,” He answered the question. “It's your nature to be a rebel, Riley Williams.”

“Exactly,” I nodded. “I can't just change who I am to make her happy. I am young and of course I am going to make mistakes but I learn from them.”

“You truly are a unique person, Riley Williams. A true rebel,” He said, not smiling but with a sort of seduction in his voice. Then, he started to lean down close to my face. “We have that in common. It makes me want to get to know you.”

“I want to get to know you,” I smiled slightly, for the first time in my life I was a bit scared at what was going to happen but got over it quickly when he put my cheek in the palm of his hand and leaned closer so that his lips were touching mine. Our lips moved in unison, tongues exploring each other's mouths. My hands snaked around his neck and his went to my hips. I smiled and then he broke off.

“Maybe we should get back to the hotel to get to know each other more,” He said a little out of breath. I nodded, still smiling and grabbing his hand which he held out for me. I decided I would text Cassie later telling her I had to leave because I wasn't feeling well.

Danny and I walked back to the hotel hand in hand. I didn't know what would happen at the hotel but I knew that I didn't want to go far, I still needed to get to really know Danny to decide if he would be my first. We decided to go back to my room seeing as Danny knew Ben might be back early with a lady friend. I laid down on my bed and Danny came up and started to kiss me yet again. I broke off a bit later feeling like it would go farther than I would like.

“What's wrong?” Danny asked, still straddling me.

“I'm not ready for sex yet Danny,” I explained. “I need to know you better and as of right now we really don't know much about each other.”

“Well, I am from York. My ideal lifestyle is sex and rock and roll. I don't really know how to behave myself at points. Drinking is my favorite past time. Ben, Cam, Sam, and James are my best friends. I don't really know what else to say,” He laughed slightly. I sat up as he plopped on his side next to me. “Tell me about yourself.”

“I'm from California. My parents allowed me to drink at family parties as they believed if you started to drink from a young age you would be less likely to abuse it when you're older, that came back to bite them in the butt. I have an older brother who moved out a year ago but he is one of the only people I trust. My parents did everything for us to make sure we were happy growing up but they traveled a lot for work and so we barely really see them. During the summer we would go with them and they would be home for a few weeks in September. My brother and I have pretty much been living on our own since he was 10 and I was 8,” I explained.

“Where in California are you from?” He asked.

“A small Southern California suburb,” I lied, not wanting to go into the story of my parents careers and where we lived. I didn't want him thinking we were on the show 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.' “It's nothing really special,” I shrugged. We talked for another hour, telling each about our pasts, mine not being entirely true, when I suddenly yawned and blinked a few times.

“I guess that's my cue to get back to my room,” Danny said, laying a small peck on my lips. “I'll see you tomorrow.”

“Okay, goodnight,” I nodded smiling. “If Ben asks, I didn't feel well so you took me back to my room and stayed until I fell asleep.

“Night,” He said, smiling back at me and then turning to go out the door. I smiled again thinking that I had accomplished my mission. Now I am not using Danny, I mean I really care for him, after tonight and us talking about our pasts, I would be crazy not to, but I didn't know if I wanted a serious relationship right now, then again who knows.

I changed into my pajamas and laid in my bed. I texted Cassie and told her that I wasn't feeling well so Danny took me back to the hotel room to go to sleep. I sighed laying against my pillow and closing my eyes, drifting off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was originally going to have Riley hook up with Andy in this chapter but as I was reading how I wrote it the first time, it seemed really out of character for him so I changed it to Danny at the last minute. The lyrics in the chapter are from 'Glow' by I See Stars. I put it in there because that's the song by ISS that I am currently obsessed with.

So yeah I hope you liked it. Please, please comment. The more you comment the more updates and a happier me! Oh and I am telling you that though Riley will be hooking up with the three main guys, she most likely will not end up with any of them. So that will keep you guessing. I have all the pairing worked out that way so yeah! Look forward to the next chapter which will actually be the first chapter not copied pretty much exactly from the first version of the story so I will be writing that entirely from scratch! =]

AGAIN PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! IT WILL MAKE ME A HAPPY AUTHOR! =]