The Academy

Chapter 7

It didn’t take long between pressing send on my text message to Audrina and Claire and them walking through the door to Cassie and I’s dorm room. They had the same shocked expression as I did when I walked in and Cassie told me Andy, Jake, Jinxx, Ashley, and Christian were leaving Kloss. They sat on the desk chairs in the room to hear more of the story from Cassie.

“So, like, why are they leaving?” Audrina asked, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

“According to Christian, what Devin, Brent, Jeff, Andrew, Jimmy, and Zach did at the club in New York inspired them,” Cassie explained. “Apparently Andy and them had started a band a few years ago and now they want to actually take the next step and start working on an album.”

“They can’t just wait until they’re out of school?” I asked, somewhat shocked. Whenever my father found a band that was in high school, he told them that school should be a main priority but they would record on the weekends and breaks and tour a little bit during the summer.

“Nope,” Cassie sighed. “They want to start recording as soon as possible and so they are moving to Los Angeles to work in a studio and write some more songs.”

“When are they leaving?” Claire asked. I think it was the question that everyone wanted to know but at the same time, were too afraid to ask.

“Tomorrow. They already talked to the dean about it, apparently they had a meeting with him yesterday so they’re allowed to go tomorrow,” Cassie answered.

“And their parents are okay with this?” I questioned. Cassie nodded. I didn’t know what to say to that.

“Brent and them want us to meet them at the café,” Audrina said, pushing her phone back into her pocket. “Do you guys want to go?” I nodded, coffee was a good way for me to let the news sink in. Cassie and Claire followed Audrina and I out of the room and down to the café. Brent, Jeff, Zach, Andrew, Devin, and Jimmy were already down there, sipping on coffee or eating some kind of pastry.

“Hey guys,” I said sitting down across from Devin and next to Cassie.

“So Andy and Ashley and them are really leaving Kloss?” Jimmy asked. Cassie nodded.

“Do they have like a set band name or are they still in the brainstorming process?” Zack prodded.

“Apparently, they’ve been together as a band for a while so they do have a band name,” Cassie shrugged. “They’re called Black Veil Brides. I guess it fits their aesthetic.”

“Wish we could be the ones moving to Los Angeles,” Devin laughed, taking a sip of coffee.

“Maybe you’ll be next,” Claire joked.

We continued to talk about the other guys moving to California. Danny, Ben, Sam, Cam, and James soon joined us. Andy, Jinxx, Ashley, Jake, and Christian were heading back to their dorms packing up. We all decided to skip dinner and go back to the student lounge and just hang out there. The fifteen of us were spread out in the room doing the normal things we did, talk and goof around. At one point my phone vibrated with a text from Andy.

‘Go outside and I’ll meet you around back in five minutes. Say you’re going out for air,’ it read. I was confused but decided to go along with it.

“It’s getting a bit stuffy in here with all the talking,” I spoke up. “I’m going out for some air.” I went outside and went around the back of the student lounge. It was completely brick so there were no windows anyone could see us out of. It was starting to get colder in upstate New York which was making me wish I brought a sweater with me. I rubbed my arms, which were somewhat bare in a three-quarter length sleeve shirt.

I saw a shadow coming around the corner and I was thankful when I realized it was Andy. I’d never realized how tall he was, he towered over me, and it wasn’t just because his hair was slightly teased. He also had really pretty eyes, another thing I never noticed. They were bright blue and when he smiled, they did too.

“Sorry I made you come out here,” Andy said as he reached me. “I just realized you and I never really got a chance to really talk and now I have to leave tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I know,” I sighed. “I mean we did dance at the club but talking while dancing doesn’t really qualify as a substantial conversation.”

He laughed and played with his lipring. “I mean it’s not like we are never going to see each other again, I’m sure we will meet up at some point with you living in California, maybe we’ll cross paths. You’ll have to come and see the band sometime once we start doing some shows.”

“Definitely,” I smiled. “But you made me come out here in the cold to tell me that I have to come see you and the others when you start doing shows?”

“Not entirely,” He smirked. “I knew I’d never have a chance to do what I’m about to do, again.”

He moved a bit closer, no close enough so his chest was against mine, but it wasn’t far. I took a breath and held it, closing my eyes slightly, as he closed the small gap between us. His lips were soft and the lip ring gave a sensation I had never felt before, cold but at the same time warming in the cold weather. My arms wrapped around his neck loosely and his rested on my hips. Our almost lost in eachother state was broken by my phone going off and I broke off.

“It’s my mom,” I sighed. “I have to take it. She wouldn’t call at this time if it wasn’t important.”

“Okay, well, I’ll just head inside,” He nodded and walked away as I answered my phone.

“Hey mom,” I answered. “What’s up?”

“Well, I was just looking at the calendar for next month and we have our annual Christmas party the night you come home,” She started. “I’m sure your friends want to spend Christmas with their families so, why don’t you spend Christmas with us and then the day after you can head down to the Laguna house and spend the next two weeks with your friends there.”
“Uhm, sure…” I said, ruffling my hair. “Sounds like a great idea. I have to go though, I’m swamped by homework and I should probably start working on it.”

“I’m proud of you Riley,” I could hear the smile in her voice. “You really stepped it up. Kloss really was the best thing that I could have done for you.”

“Thanks mom,” I said before hanging up. I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and headed back into the student lounge.

“Everything okay? You were out there for awhile.” Audrina said as I walked back in.

“I’m fine,” I smiled. “My mom just called, you guys will be joining me a day or two after Christmas. My parents want to spend Christmas with the family and have their Christmas party.”

“When do we find out how you can put all of us up?” Clair asked laughing.

“Soon,” I answered. “But we have classes tomorrow and I’m beat. I’m going back to the dorm. I guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the building. I didn’t plan on having Andy kiss me obviously. It was a weird situation. He was leaving so it’s not like I would ever see him at school again. I usually never have the awkward encounter after I hook up with a guy, but probably because I was always too drunk to remember it the next day. I’m not sure if that would happen with Andy but it never happened with Danny. I guess I won’t get to know with Andy, at least not yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a quick filler chapter since I haven't updated this in so long! I can't really explain why since there is no reasoning besides writers block. But I have a lot of ideas for this story and the sequel which I have the page up for...but I'm not going to link it since well...it would give away who Riley ends up with in the end. ;)
Also, a few notes:
Riley, the girls, and the guys are all juniors in high school, not sophomores like previously stated. This works with the way I am planning since something big will happen during the summer and then Senior year is when the big conflict happens.
So yeah, read, comment, recommend, subscribe! :)