Help Didn't Come

CHAPTER ONE

My family died the day the solar flares hit.

That day is a blur to me. All I really remember is the bright flash of light that drowned everything else out, followed by the unbearable heat. Anyone in direct contact died instantly. And then came the silence. The silence was the worst part of it all. It was the silence that could be achieved only by massive loss.

No one knew exactly what had happened at first. We had all been kept in the dark for so long. Why were things so suddenly awry? Why was the air so sweltering and sultry? Why was the earth so scorched? Why were we left with no electricity? Why were we given no answers? Why wasn't the government doing something? Why did no one help us?

So many questions. None of them answered.

So when everything began to fall apart and I was left alone, I had only one choice. Move east and hopefully find help. It was the only thing I could think of.

East. Even if no one will help me. East. I must move East.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading my extremely short intro :) Yes, I know. Not enough at all. Not a great start to a story. But this was necessary and there wasn't much to be added to it. So I'm sorry if you're disappointed. But the next chapter will be much better.