Status: Completed

The Beach

41- You and I, We've Never Felt So Right

Sawyer was standing in the shower, replaying the past few hours in her mind. The dinner at the Gaskarth house had been absolutely amazing, and she had almost forgotten how much she loved Alex’s parents.

When she first got dragged into the kitchen by Alex’s mother, she was introduced to his aunt Susan who was helping to cook dinner. His mother had been so excited to talk to her about what she had been doing as well as asking about her relationship with Alex. His mother had asked question after question about what Sawyer had done with her life, how her and Alex had kept in touch, and how they ended up dating, with Sawyer in her kitchen, helping to peel potatoes.

As dinner came closer and closer to being ready, a few more family members showed up for dinner. Sawyer had met a couple of Alex’s cousins, Maggie and her husband Brett, and Greg and his wife Carrie, as well as Connor, Greg and Carrie’s six month old son. Mr. Gaskarth’s mother even flew in from England for the wedding tomorrow.

Sawyer had to admit, that she loved everyone in Alex’s family. They had all been so darling and she had to admit, she hadn’t quite been ready to leave at the end of the dinner.

Sawyer had talked about computers with Alex’s uncle, who did computer repairs. Aunt Susan liked to bake in her free time, which ended up with Sawyer exchanging a few recipes with her, including what she claimed was one of Alex’s favorite desserts. Maggie and Carrie were really into literature and reading, which almost had Sawyer bursting since she usually didn’t have someone to talk books about, especially since her best friend was the only one who really spent that kind of time with her. And baby Connor was just absolutely adorable.

Spending time with Alex’s family made her realize that she missed her family. It had been over a week since she had talked to her own family, and just as long since she had talked to Macy. As much fun as she was having with Alex’s family and friends, it was making her miss her own family and her best friend. She made a mental note to call Macy and her parents soon.

She was so lost in thought, the hot water pouring onto her skin at a steady stream that she didn’t even notice Alex step into the shower with her until his arms snaked around her, his chest pressing lightly up against her back.

“What are you thinking so hard about hm?” Alex asked, nudging his nose against her ear as he pressed a light kiss to the wet skin on her neck.

“My parents and Macy. I haven’t talked to any of them in over a week.” She said with a sigh of contentment as Alex continued to press his lips to her neck.

“I’d say call them tomorrow, but we’ll be getting ready for a wedding followed by a long reception, where more than likely, we’ll be drinking the night away. So maybe the next day?” Alex suggested, moving his hands up Sawyer’s body to her shoulders where he started to lightly massage her shoulders.

“Sounds fabulous.” She purred out, letting her head fall back to rest on Alex’s shoulder.

“Did you enjoy dinner?” Alex asked, his fingers still pressing into Sawyer’s tense flesh.

“I did. I adore your family. They are absolutely amazing.” She said, turning her body so that she was chest to chest with Alex, her arms wrapping around his neck, the spray from the shower head falling along her back.

“They adore you. I actually got scolded by my mother for not bringing you around for the past few years.” He said with a chuckle, and Sawyer couldn’t help but smile, because Alex’s mother was wonderful.

“I love your mother. She makes the best food.” Sawyer said, causing Alex to roll his eyes.

“You really could be bought with food.” He chuckled out, and she lifted her shoulders in a half hearted shrug.

“Not even sorry. And your aunt gave me the recipe for her key lime cheesecake.” Sawyer said, and Alex smiled widely at that.

“That’s my favorite!” He exclaimed, and she laughed.

“I know. You only beg Mama to make it every summer, and then complain because it’s good, but its not your aunts.” She said, and Alex just leaned down and pressed his lips eagerly to her, which she happily returned.

He pushed Sawyer backwards until her back hit the shower wall, the cold tiles causing Sawyer to shiver a bit. Alex pressed his body against Sawyer’s, her body warming instantly at the contact. She let the kissing go on for a few more minutes, its slowly getting a little more heated, before she pushed Alex away.

“We need to rest. The wedding is at 3 and we both know that we’re gonna be up late anyways, because we always are.” Sawyer said, causing Alex to pout. She laughed, trying to move away from Alex, only to find him pushing against her once more, his lips moving to kiss her neck, peppering kisses quickly along her skin.

“Alex” she breathed out, her voice losing some of its warning tone. She took one more deep breath before using the last of her will power to push away Alex, earning a groan from him.

“Come on. You know that we have an early day tomorrow. And we stayed at your parents a lot longer than intended. It’s already almost 1am.” She said, causing Alex to sigh, realizing he wasn’t going to win.

“I hate that you’re right, because right now, I don’t care about waking up early. I have other things that are more important to deal with.” Alex said, raising his eyebrows and causing Sawyer to giggle.

“Why don’t you finish showering and I’ll meet you in bed. And, if you do actually wake up on time tomorrow, I bet there will be something in it for you.” Sawyer suggested, and Alex smiled back, teeth baring.

“I’m holding you to that, so that tomorrow morning when I wake up and begin to ravish you, you can’t complain.” He said seriously, and Sawyer nodded.

“You’ve got a deal.” She said, moving to kiss Alex once more before stepping out of the shower, wrapping herself in a towel.

Sawyer spent the rest of the time that Alex was in the shower drying her hair and getting ready for bed, grabbing a tank top and a pair of Alex’s boxers to put on after she couldn’t find her booty shorts.

She was in the middle of brushing out her hair when Alex walked in, just a towel on, causing Sawyer to smile as she stared at him. He smirked, before looking her up and down.

“Are you wearing my boxers?” He asked, his eyebrows raised as she nodded, setting the brush down on her lap.

“Yea. I couldn’t find my booty shorts. So I stole your boxers.” She said with a shrug.

“And you’re sitting there telling me that we can’t do anything till tomorrow, yet you’re in my boxers. Something about this seems highly unfair.” Alex said with a huff, crossing his arms across his chest.

“I’m beginning to regret my own words. I do love when you walk around without a shirt on, and with no pants on.” She said, moving to get up off of Alex’s bed, strutting up to him and running her hands along the edge of the towel, teasing his skin.

“Ya know, if I didn’t like you so much, I’d probably ditch you.” He said, wrapping his arms around Sawyer. “That, or ignore your warning and ravish you anyways.” He said, causing Sawyer to chuckle.

“Come on. Get ready for bed so that we can have some fun tomorrow before the wedding.” She said, and he groaned, muttering what sounded suspiciously like ‘tease’ under his breath.

Sawyer got into Alex’s bed, pulling the covers over her body and tucking herself in, letting the warmth of the covers take over her. It was only a minute later that Alex followed suit, coming into the bed and moving to pull Sawyer closer to him.

“I’m really happy you came to Baltimore with me.” He said, a yawn escaping his mouth shortly after, causing her to giggle. She snuggled closer to Alex, enjoying the warmth of his body against her own.

“Me too. I’m really enjoying your family. I’m really glad that I came with you.” She murmured back, and she really meant it.

She had had so much fun today with Alex and his family, and had had such a good time last night with all of Alex’s friends that she was dying to be able to tell him that she wanted to stay with him. She had been thinking about it throughout the entire dinner. She felt so at home at Alex’s house, surrounded by his family. They had been so welcoming that she felt like she had spent countless dinners with them, and she could easily imagine doing so.

She looked up at Alex, who had already managed to fall asleep, small little breaths escaping from his mouth. She smiled.

She wasn’t going to wait a week to tell him that she wanted to be with him. She was going to tell him tomorrow. At the wedding reception. At least, if she got the chance to get him along long enough to tell him.

She smiled at the thought. She couldn’t wait to see the look on Alex’s face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: You and I by Anarbor

Shorter chapter. Updated faster. Fair trade off? I thought so.

Been listening to Forever Halloween since it came out today. I think I have mixed feelings on it. I'll get back to you on it. Next purchase? Anarbor's new cd. Boy do i adore that band.

Anyways. Preference on the story I work on next? Take Me Home, the sequel to Back Pocket Believers, or Retrace My Steps? I'm gonna do a complete overhaul on Retrace, because I do NOT like where it went and it needs some work. I'll probably work on both, but is there one you guys have a preference for?