Status: Completed

The Beach

47- A New Place Saves Face

“I can’t believe we’re already back at the airport.” Sawyer said with a yawn as she leaned into Alex’s arm that her hand was laced with as they walked out of security and towards somewhere with food. Alex wanted to laugh, because Sawyer had managed to, in less than three days, adjust right back to California time and was feeling the effects of being up at 5:30am to be able to be at the airport at 7am for an 8:30am flight. Even after sleeping on the plane almost the entire way back to Baltimore, Sawyer was still just as drowsy as she was when she had been awoken by Alex in the predawn hours.

“God it’s good to be home.” Alex said with a sigh of relief. For being on vacation, this hadn’t been very relaxing, not at all like how his previous vacations with Sawyer went. Not that he was complaining, but he was very much looking forward to just sitting and relaxing and doing just about nothing.

“I can’t believe this is home.” Macy said, looking around as they walked towards baggage claim of the unfamiliar airport.

“Tell me about it. Once I get the rest of my stuff from the vacation house, and then the storage unit arrives in a few days, and we will officially be living in Baltimore.” Sawyer said, amazed at her own words. She had really done it. She was really doing this. She was moving in with Alex and they were really going to have a relationship.

“Yea. I still need to call work and tell them I moved….and that I quit.” Macy said, causing Alex to laugh and Sawyer’s eyes to go wide.

“Oh my god. I have to find a new job.” Sawyer said, and Alex just squeezed her hand a bit in a comforting manner.

“You have time. They think you’re on vacation anyways. Working part time from your computer. So you have a few more weeks until you have to let them know you aren’t coming back to California.” Alex said reassuringly.

“So. How exactly are we getting home anyways?” Macy asked before pausing. “Better question. Where is home?”

Sawyer and Alex laughed a little bit before they all stopped in front of the baggage carousel, standing and waiting like all the other people who had been on their flight.

“Jack is coming to get us. He’s in my band.” Alex stated and Sawyer groaned.

“Jack’s getting us? We’re never going to make it home!” Sawyer said and Macy gave her a puzzled look.

“I already asked Austin and Jayce to go to Jack’s house and wake him up on their lunch break to remind him that he has to come and get us. I promise.” Alex said and Sawyer sighed.

“Why not Rian, or Zack?” Sawyer asked.

“Zack is working on some clothing stuff up in New York, and Rian has family in town visiting so he’s at his parents all day.”

“Why are we so afraid of Jack picking us up?” Macy asked.

“That boy is so incredibly ADD. It’s a little scary. Him being responsible to come and get us and be here on time is a bit concerning.” Sawyer said, her eyes turning to look at the carousel as it started to spin.

“Hey! There’s nothing wrong with being a little ADD. It keeps life interesting!” Jack’s voice rang, causing the group of three to turn to see the lanky man standing behind them.

“How many times did Austin and Jayce have to call you after they woke you up so you didn’t forget to drive here?” Alex asked with a laugh, bringing Jack in for a hug.

“Just six times.” Jack defended before she paused. “Each.”

The three others just laughed a bit at the man standing before them.

“Macy. This is Jack. Jack. This is Macy, my best friend. She’s moving to Baltimore with me.” Sawyer said, introducing her best friend to the brunette guitarist.

“Sweet. Now I can have a girlfriend too.” Jack said happily, causing Macy to quirk an eyebrow.

“Maybe I just want to use you for sex.” She stated seriously, causing Jack’s eyes to go wide.

“You are the most perfect woman in the world.” He stated seriously, reaching forward to grab Macy and pull her into a tight hug, catching her off guard.

“Good luck with that one Macy.” Alex said with a laugh before turning back to the revolving carousel, looking over the bags for the ones that Macy had checked.

“MINE ARE RIGHT THERE GRAB THEM!” Macy said, looking at her bags on the carousel, starting to move past the group. Macy struggled a little bit against Jack’s hold on her, not even letting up a little bit as she tried to move towards her bags. Alex and Sawyer moved quickly enough in order to be able to each grab one of her two bags.

"Jack, Macy is not a toy. Let her go." Sawyer said sternly, causing Jack to pout as he let his grip go on Macy. "Now here. Carry this. This shit is heavy." Sawyer said, thrusting the bag of Macy's that she had retrieved at Jack, causing an oomph to escape his mouth as it hit his stomach a little.

The four of them walked back to Jack's car that he had left in the parking structure, putting the three bags into the trunk before taking off to Alex's house. Macy and Sawyer spent time gawking at the views as they let the airport, taking in their surroundings as they travelled to what would now be their new home. It was 35 minutes after stepping into the car that Jack pulled up in front of the townhome that Alex shared with Rian.

"Wow. We're like, in the suburbs." Macy said as she got out of the car, looking around at the little neighborhood that she was moving in to.

"Yea, I know right?" Sawyer stated, still not quite used to the fact that she would no longer be living in the middle of a big city, but rather on the outskirts of one. Sure, they weren't that far from it, but it seemed to be a weird concept for both of them, not being in the middle of all the noise, the clatter, the noise of people constantly moving around, carrying on with their busy lives.

"So is it just the three of us?" Macy asked, as she went to help Alex and Jack grab the bags out of the trunk.

"No. I also live with the drummer of our band, Rian. He has his own room, and then you'll have the third room which is currently the spare bedroom." Alex stated, Macy nodding in understanding. "He's not home right now, but you'll meet him when he gets home later tonight from his parents house."

"Awesome." She said as they walked up towards the house, Alex getting out his keys and unlocking the door, allowing them in. Before they were all even in, both of Alex's dogs had come running in, jumping all over both Sawyer and Macy excitedly.

"That's Sebastian and Peyton. They get a little over excited. They'll probably calm down in a few minutes after they realize that they haven't been fed for a while." Alex said with a laugh to Macy as he watched his dogs excitedly jump at the two girls. "It's a bit past when I normally feed them for dinner anyways, so I'm sure as soon as someone goes into the kitchen, they'll leave you alone.

"Hey Mace. Give me a second and I'll take you to your room. I just wanna get mine and Alex's bag into our room before it just never makes it up the stairs." Sawyer stated and Macy just shrugged in response, paying more attention to the puppies at her feet than what Sawyer was saying as she stepped away.

"Oh I can show you!" Jack said excitedly to Macy, causing the girl to look up at the lanky man before smiling a bit at him.

"Lead the way." She said, grabbing a handle on her bags that she had set down to pet the puppies. Jack smiled before leading Macy down a small hall way and passing two doors before stopping at the end of the hallway, taking her to her first floor bedroom.

"Where did Macy and Jack go?" Sawyer said as she came into the kitchen where Alex was just setting down food for his dogs as she walked in.

"I think Jack offered to show her to her bedroom." Alex stated, causing Sawyer to groan.

"He wants in her pants, doesn't he?" Sawyer asked, getting laughter from Alex, confirming her fear. "Damn it. He's gonna get himself punched in the nose."

"Macy seems more than capable to handling herself. I'm sure that she's smart enough to stay away from Jack, or at least smart enough to know what she's getting into. She'll be fine." Alex said with a smile on his lips before moving his hands to rest on Sawyer's hips, pulling her close to him.

"I cannot believe that I just moved across country on a whim to live with you. I don't think it's really going to hit me until mine and Macy's stuff shows up and I get the rest of my stuff from the beach house." She said with a small smile on her lips.

"I can't believe you're crazy enough to agree to move in with me." Alex said, earning an eye roll from the small blond.

"You two are going to make me want to throw up a lot aren't you?" Macy asked, walking into the kitchen with Jack right behind her.

"I'm sure there will be enough alcohol in the house for you to forget that we're even around." Sawyer shot back, turning her body around to lean her back against her boyfriend in order to face the other two.

"Speaking of alcohol. We should go out. Celebrate moving and find me a good dive bar to hang out in during the week." Macy said happily, causing Sawyer to laugh.

"You like dive bars?" Jack asked, his eyes wide.

"She would live in one if it were plausible. Trust me." Sawyer said with a laugh.

"Alex. I might replace you with Macy." Jack said, his face suddenly serious, causing Alex to role his eyes.

"I think both Sawyer and Macy might have something to say about that. I'm fairly certain you're gonna be stuck with me," Alex said, smiling as he moved his lips to press against the top of Sawyer's head.

"None of that is here nor there. We need a dive bar with good beer on tap and good food." Macy said, steering the conversation back to the idea of eating because she'd been stuck on an airplane and wanted nothing more than to get a large, cold beer and some food in her stomach.

"I know a great dive bar like, 4 blocks from here!" Jack said excitedly, because most of the guys weren't into dive bars, but into just going to regular sports bars or restaurant type bars and eating there.

"Can't we just order pizza and stay in? That sounds a lot more appealing than going out right now." Sawyer said, earning a pout from Macy.

"But I wanna go out and explore." Macy whined.

"How about you two have a nice night in with pizza and being lame, and I'll take Macy with me to my favorite dive bar, and it's a win, win situation." Jack suggested, causing Sawyer to start reconsidering her idea of staying in. IF she did that, then Jack would be alone with Macy for quite some time, and Sawyer wasn't positive that that would be a good idea.

"That sounds good because I'm exhausted. Moving two girls across the country calls for a night in." Alex said before Sawyer had the chance to change her mind about going with Macy

"Awesome. Well, let's go." Jack said excitedly, pulling Macy with him towards the front door before shouting a goodbye and leaving the house.

"Dude. He has it bad." Alex said with a laugh as soon as the door closed, causing Sawyer to scrunch up her face.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea. Macy is, well. Macy." Sawyer said and Alex just shook his head with a laugh.

"Let's not worry about them. They're adults and can take care of themselves. We, however, have an entire house to ourselves, pizza to order, wine to drink, and relaxation to be had. We need to celebrate the fact that we just moved in together." Sawyer smiled at Alex, leaning up to kiss him quickly.

"We should probably hold off major celebration until we actually tell my parents I just moved across country." Sawyer said and Alex shrugged, smile still present.

"Technicalities. The most important thing is that I finally have you here, with me, forever." He said, Sawyer chuckling at him as she leaned back into his body, happy she was here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Outlines by All Time Low

I hate this chapter. Everything about it, I pretty much hate. I've rewritten it about 6 times and I finally just got frustrated. If you don't comment on this, I'm not even going to be offended.

Also, this was supposed to be up last week, but I was in a car accident that nearly totaled my car, so I've spent the last week dealing with that. Fun stuff, let me tell you.

More soon, as always.

OH ALSO! When this is over, I will be writing both the sequel to BPB and also to this story, which will be a Macy/Jack focused story. It may be a long one shot or chaptered, I've yet to decide.

Until next time.