Status: Completed

The Beach

07- Too Young to Notice, and Too Dumb to Care

“ALEX NO!!” Sawyer yelled, trying to block Alex’s access to her sand castle, but failed as Alex managed to move his foot past her just enough to ruin one side of the castle. Sawyer pouted as she looked at her now ruined sand castle, the last hour spent trying to get it together.

“Aww, Sawyer. Don’t pout.” Alex stated, but Sawyer just glared at him before looking back at her now ruined creation.

“You ruined my sand castle!” She exclaimed. “Just because you suck at building sand castles doesn’t mean that you have to go and start ruining mine!” She huffed and crossed her arms, looking at the remains of her creation. She couldn’t believe that it was ruined. Her beautiful creation was just, gone. In a matter of seconds, it crumbled at the hands of something so much larger.

“I’m sorry.” Alex said with a small frown, quickly brushing it off. “It doesn’t matter anyhow. It’s time for our picnic. Help me get it set up!” Alex stated, reaching a hand out to the sitting Sawyer, who took his hand grudgingly, muttering about her ruined sand masterpiece.

The two walked over to where they had their stuff laid out on the beach, a midnight blue sheet marking their area. On the sheet sat their folded beach towels as well as a straw picnic basket, sitting in the center near one of the edges. The two walked to the blanket sitting down, one on either side of the basket, facing each other. With their legs crossed.

“Let’s see what we’ve got” Alex said as he opened one side of the picnic basket, but stopping his quest for food as Sawyer giggled distracting him. “What’s so funny?”

“Well, you make it sound like what’s in the basket is a mystery, but we packed it together only a few hours ago.” Sawyer replied, earning an eye roll from Alex as he went back to looking at the basket’s contents.

“Let’s see. We have some salami sandwiches, some pb&j sandwiches, some potato chips, some carrots and Italian dressing- which, by the way, is still strange- some fruit salad and lemonade.” Alex said, pulling each item out of the basket as he named them. The two looked at the array of food in front of them before glancing at each other.

“What made us think that we needed all of this food?” Sawyer asked with a chuckle as her eyes roamed over the array that laid on the blue sheet. Alex shook his head with a chuckle, hair shaking back and forth.

“Well, it all sounded good this morning.” He said in defense with a shrug of his shoulders. They had way more food than necessary, Sawyer was right about that. But this morning while they had been packing up their nourishment, they couldn’t seem to be able to stop mentioning foods that would make a great lunch. Every time they came across something in the cupboards or fridge that sounded good, it had been added to the picnic basket. It was probably a good thing that they had a small basket, because otherwise, Sawyer was sure they would have ended up with far more edibles.

“Can I have one of the salami sandwiches please?” Sawyer asked as she pulled out two heavy duty paper plates from the basket, setting one down in front of both of them. Alex opened up the zip locked bag that contained the sandwich, pulling out both halves and setting one half down on each plate.

“I kinda wanted the whole thing, but I suppose we can share.” Sawyer said with a roll of her eyes. Alex gave a wide smile, his eyes twinkling at the blond girl in front of him.

“I thought you liked sharing things with me. Like the summer, and the beach house, and your bed and” Alex stopped when Sawyer flicked a grape from the fruit salad at him, a smile on her face, a chuckle escaping as she caught his shocked expression.

“I can’t believe you just threw a grape at me.” Alex said, shock covering his face as Sawyer shrugged, popping another grape into her mouth.

“It’s not like it did any damage.” Sawyer said as she arranged her plate, adding some of the carrots and dressing.

“Maybe it hurt me” Alex speculated, and Sawyer’s right eyebrow quirked up at him, her eyes full or amusement.

“Well I’m sorry you were injured by the denser than dark matter grape. What can I do to make you feel better?” Sawyer asked, her sarcasm coated words offering a playfulness.

“Give it a kiss to make it feel better?” Alex asked, but although it was a question, it had a hint of a suggestion, maybe even a command.

Sawyer rolled her eyes, but the smile on her face grew. She moved her plate of food out of the way, repeating the action with Alex’s plate before crawling across the sheet. Once she was in front of Alex, she leaned up only to her knees, lifting her hands up and pushing on Alex’s shoulders, effectively knocking him back, and causing herself to fall on top of him.

“This is a good position for us.” Alex’s voice was hushed and full of lustful want. Sawyer smirked before leaning down and pressing her lips to his forcefully. Alex’s arms reached around to grasp at Sawyer’s body, one clutching at her hip while the other snaked up to her hair, getting tangled in it as he pulled at it.

They broke apart for air, heavy breaths melting together as they stared at one another. Sawyer was still laying on top of Alex, who seemed to have pulled her closer to him.

“This would be a better position for us if we were in the house.” Sawyer said with a smile, and Alex smiled wide, moving his hand from her hair to brush a few strands of her hair behind her ears and out of her face.

“But we haven’t even eaten lunch yet.” Alex said, teasing Sawyer. Sawyer rolled her eyes, only to be caught off guard by a kiss from Alex.

“We have plenty of time to spend in your house Sawyer. This is our play date. Let’s just enjoy each others company.” Alex stated, which startled Sawyer a bit. Alex had never turned down an offer for sex, not once since they turned 17 and started sleeping with each other. Any time it was suggested, Alex would jump on the chance, and this was the first time he had ever turned down the opportunity to get Sawyer out of her clothes and into bed.

Sawyer was puzzled, but nodded in agreement, crawling off Alex and allowing both of them to sit back on the blanket. They grabbed their plates of food and began eating in peace, Sawyer confused and hurt by Alex’s rejection.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Terrible Things by Mayday Parade

Sorry it has been so long since the last post. Today is the first day that my new apartment has had internet. I moved on the 31st, and lost internet from my last place after the last post. Sadly, today was the earliest anyone could come out to hook the internet up. But yay! It's finally back.

So another moment in the life of Sawyer and Alex.

The next few chapters are mushy, but it gets a little crazy after.

Comment/Subscribe to let me know you're enjoying this!