Status: Completed

The Beach

08- We Made a Dizzy Mess of Everything

Sawyer awoke the next morning to the smell of blueberries infiltrating her senses. She rolled over, once again meeting the cold empty bed like she had the morning before. She sighed, missing the warmth of Alex’s body next to her as she sat up in bed, holding a sheet up to her bare body, looking around the room for clothes. The closest article to her was once again Alex’s shirt, which she grabbed and tossed over her head, swimming in the too large fabric. She got out of bed and headed down the stairs as she had done the previous morning, but more cautiously and less sporadically.

Once again, Sawyer’s eyes caught sight of a boxer clad Alex, but this time he was bent over and pulling a tray of fresh baked muffins out of the oven. It was again that Sawyer had the urge to whine about the brunette making breakfast, but quickly halted that idea in lieu of taking advantage of the freshly baked muffins in the kitchen.

“Two days in a row I get fresh breakfast. Anymore time spent in this kitchen and I’m going to have to start paying you as my home chef.” Sawyer paused, reflecting on her statement. “Wait. Could I pay you to be my personal at home chef?” She questioned, and Alex chuckled lightly.

“And work for you and your future husband?” Alex questioned, a soft smile on his face. “I mean, I suppose if you wanted to have at home cooking lessons with the chef, I suppose the job might be worth it.” The sexual innuendo didn’t pass by Sawyer, whose eyes immediately clouded over with lust at the suggestion.

Their play date yesterday had continued in innocence, as was suggested by Alex. After her initial moment of anger, Sawyer realized that she was touched by the fact that Alex wanted more from her than her to be lying on her back. They finished their picnic lunch on the beach in peace, with more than enough left overs that were returned to the house and later consumed for dinner. After taking their leftovers to the house, Alex and Sawyer walked down the beach to a small old fashioned ice cream stand and got soft serve cones that they tried to eat as quickly as possible before the sun melted them. They walked around the beach, enjoying the summer air and the serenity around them. Their night finished with the picnic leftovers and a long night in the bedroom, ruining the clean linens and contaminating all of the furniture in the room.

Yet once again, Sawyer woke up without Alex’s warmth next to her. Blueberry muffins only offered so much comfort.

What she wanted now, blueberry muffins weren’t going to satisfy.

“We could start the cooking lessons now.” Sawyer suggested as she walked over to Alex, bring her hands to his thighs as she approached him, running her fingers on his thighs lightly. She could feel him stiffen against her touch, so she brought her right hand up to his crotch, grabbing him through his boxers. Alex took in a sharp breath, caught off guard by Sawyer’s actions.

“Well” Alex’s voice was a bit higher pitched. He cleared his throat, trying to find his normal voice. “What would you like to start cooking?” He asked, trying his best to keep his words straight.

“Maybe we could start with sausages.” Sawyer said with a smirk, letting her hand trace the top of his boxers before slipping her hand inside, stroking him, earning a throaty moan.

Alex was about to reply when Sawyer could hear the distinct “Break Your Little Heart” ring tone sound throughout the condo. Sawyer groaned, pulling her hand out of Alex’s boxers, earning a groan from Alex as well.

“That’s Jake.” Sawyer mumbled, going to her purse in the hall way and cursing under her breath as she pulled out the phone.

“Hey” Sawyer said, trying to mask the irritation in her voice.

“Hey Hunny” Jake’s voice was warm and loving as he greeted Sawyer, which only made her cringe.

“Hey. What’s up. I’m working right now.” Yea, working on getting Alex back into bed, Sawyer thought to herself.

“Hey, well I just wanted to let you know that I just booked a ticket out to Virginia Beach to visit you.” Jake said happily, and Sawyer’s eyes went wide.

“You what?” Sawyer asked, stumped by what he had just said.

“Yea. I had some vacation stacked up and I booked a ticket out to Virginia Beach and I’ll be there in 2 days.” Jake said happily, completely unaware of how upset Sawyer was.

“Jake, I. I really wish you would have discussed this with me first.” Sawyer said before hanging up, not knowing what else she could do. She walked back into the kitchen, coming in to find a rather frustrated looking Alex.

“You use one of our songs for Jake?” He asked, picking up a muffin and taking a bite.

“And for you.” Sawyer stated. “But that’s beside the point. We have a problem.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Beach by All Time Low

Next chapter is almost ready. should be posting tomorrow if all goes well.

A little love is always appreciated =]